PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone use this??

03-09-2002, 12:48 AM
I havent been shooting that long....but I have been shooting at 2 friends house's a lot. Both guys have smae table..7ft Valley coin op...Ones felt is perfect the other is all nicked up...

My buddy Rick uses a launch pad on every break on his table. All it is, is a 5"x5" piece of cloth we use to break on to keep from marking up the table...His looks perfect. I just got my table 2 weeks ago and am using the same thing for my table. Take a piece of velcro with a sticky back and put it on the corner and the cloth will be sticking there for every break...
Juat wondering if anyone does this...

03-09-2002, 12:53 AM
that sounds kinda thick. i only wonder how your break will be when you don't have the lauching pad??

dan

03-09-2002, 01:06 AM
It's now a fad. 3 by 5 inches of table cloth below the cueball when breaking on anything but one-pocket. Saw it at Hard Times two yrs. ago and now has caught on.

Rod
03-09-2002, 03:01 AM
Jay I got the idea from my table mechanic several years ago. Most players didn't like the Idea, but it wasn't them that had to pay for the recover. We stuck it in the pocket but the velcro sounds like a good idea.

JimS
03-09-2002, 11:36 AM
Good ole Brads Pool Hall, my finishing school, had these on ALL tables and you can be dammed sure that they WERE used!

I use one on my Diamond Pro and keep it on top of the light. I don't think I'd like the velcro idea because sometimes I'm not quick enough to get it picked up before balls roll over it. The main reason for that is my super velocity, cannonball break! (well, ok, maybe being old, slow afoot, clumsy and dimwitted MAY have something to do with not getting it picked up....maybe)

Regards, JimS~still think it's my cannonball break.

CarolNYC
03-09-2002, 02:46 PM
Hi There,
Yes, I have black simonis 860-I cut a square out and place it on the table where I break to prevent the wear-very good idea!
Carol~still has line of breakshot on clth anyway,ha ha ha