PDA

View Full Version : Pro Players Tip Of Choice, You Know Any?

Sid_Vicious
11-27-2002, 11:02 AM
I've really wondered what the top players choose for tips, imagining that Moori is high on the list but thought I would try and get the skinny from those in this think tank who hob nob with some of the ranked players. It is easy to associate a player with a brand of cue since sponsorship is involved, but what about their tips?

Anyone have a name and their choice of tips???Tia...sid

BillPorter
11-28-2002, 09:13 AM
Sid,

The only ones that come to mind at the moment are Johnny Archer who said on an Internet Q&A that he used Le Pro; Alex Pagulayan was using an Elk Master fairly recently; Jeremy Jones was using an Elk Master that had been soaked in a liquid (he didn't say what the liquid was, but some have used milk) for 24 hours and then pressed in a vice. Jeremy claims this gives you the crisp hit of a hard tip with the grab of a soft tip.

Ken
11-28-2002, 09:34 AM
Chao and Massey--Moori

Chris Cass
11-28-2002, 10:01 AM
Very interesting. I thought it was clear finish?

C.C.

Rod
11-28-2002, 01:04 PM
Bill, was that non fat or 2% ? LOL Seriously I use to dunk Blue Diamond tips in clear laquer. I never put them in a vice at the time. They finish easier without the fuzzies and compress faster. As mentioned with the elk tips they hold chalk well.

EZMark
11-29-2002, 01:36 AM
Several years ago Jeff Carter put me on to Triumph tips I have used them ever since, try them you will see what I mean. The price is right to. Thnx EZMark