View Full Version : pocket fillers

11-27-2002, 03:39 PM
I recently purchased a Presidential pool table but my real passion is 3 cushion billiards. I have heard about pocket fillers that can convert a pool table to a billiard table but have unable to find anyone that sells them. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I might obtain them?

Chris Cass
11-29-2002, 01:41 AM
Hi Jub,

I've never heard of pocket fillers. The best advice I can give you for a true table conversion. That will play as a billiards table is suppose to play like, is to buy a set of rails. I've seen this done. The rails can be changed and an added bonus for you as a seller later.

The only thing I've heard of is pocket reducers but thats just for regular pool tables as a way of reducing the size of the pocket. You need to get a set of rails. Now the only question is how. If you have a 10 ft. table then all you have to do is look for a billiards table cheap somewhere and make a bid on the rails. Try the manufacturer of the table to see if they have something. Good Luck my friend.

Didn't want you to think nobody was listening.



11-29-2002, 09:28 AM
I remember seeing these things about 40 years ago and haven't come across any since. I doubt that they are available due to the wide variety of pocket designs and sizes that exist now.

I am planning to make my own out of some cushion rubber I have left from replacing mine. I don't expect a perfect bounce off them but at least the balls won't go into the pockets or come off at crazy angles. You could get some used rubber from a local table mechanic and make them.

You could also call Steve Wilson at Meuller's and ask him (402.423.8888). I don't think they sell them but Steve is involved with table restoration and may have come across a source for the devices. Contact the table manufacturer since they would have to be made special for each style of pocket. This is not a hot selling item.

A table mechanic would probably make you a custom set for your table and the cost might not be prohibitive.