PDA

View Full Version : pocket fillers

11-27-2002, 03:39 PM
I recently purchased a Presidential pool table but my real passion is 3 cushion billiards. I have heard about pocket fillers that can convert a pool table to a billiard table but have unable to find anyone that sells them. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I might obtain them?

Chris Cass
11-29-2002, 01:41 AM
Hi Jub,

I've never heard of pocket fillers. The best advice I can give you for a true table conversion. That will play as a billiards table is suppose to play like, is to buy a set of rails. I've seen this done. The rails can be changed and an added bonus for you as a seller later.

The only thing I've heard of is pocket reducers but thats just for regular pool tables as a way of reducing the size of the pocket. You need to get a set of rails. Now the only question is how. If you have a 10 ft. table then all you have to do is look for a billiards table cheap somewhere and make a bid on the rails. Try the manufacturer of the table to see if they have something. Good Luck my friend.

Didn't want you to think nobody was listening.

Regards,

C.C.

Ken
11-29-2002, 09:28 AM
I remember seeing these things about 40 years ago and haven't come across any since. I doubt that they are available due to the wide variety of pocket designs and sizes that exist now.

I am planning to make my own out of some cushion rubber I have left from replacing mine. I don't expect a perfect bounce off them but at least the balls won't go into the pockets or come off at crazy angles. You could get some used rubber from a local table mechanic and make them.

You could also call Steve Wilson at Meuller's and ask him (402.423.8888). I don't think they sell them but Steve is involved with table restoration and may have come across a source for the devices. Contact the table manufacturer since they would have to be made special for each style of pocket. This is not a hot selling item.

A table mechanic would probably make you a custom set for your table and the cost might not be prohibitive.
KenCT