PDA

View Full Version : What is Bank Pool ?

bigbro6060
11-27-2002, 09:37 PM
Lookin through the Accu stats site. They have these Derby City Classic range which includes Bank Pool

what is this game and how is it played ?

cheers

JMD in VA
11-27-2002, 11:18 PM
It is a game where you have to bank all the balls. At The Derby City Classic, they play short rack banks (9-ball rack). The best player of this game of all time, bar none, is "The Knoxville Bear" Eddie Taylor. He played full rack banks. He banked the whole rack 5 times, and he has a record of 37 without a miss. If you can find it, there is a tape of Taylor called, "Eddie Taylor and the Legends of Pool". It is a wonderfultape. It shows his induction into the BCA Hall of Fame, he shoots some shots, and tells about his long life as a pool player. Check that Billiards newspaper that comes out. They usually have an area where they sell videos. Call them. They should have a few copies left.

JMD
Don't beat him, Kick his ass!

Chris Cass
11-28-2002, 12:27 AM
Hi Bro,

There's 9 ball banks where the first one to bank 5 banks or the majority wins. In a full rack of 15 balls you have to make 8 before your opponent. Scratches are counted and fouls.

Regards,

C.C.~~likes banks...

CarolNYC
11-28-2002, 05:03 AM
Ha,ha ha ,ha-I thought it was whoever had the biggest bank account was allowed to play(only kidding):)-as JMD stated,the oldtimer who played with me 9-ball,first made me bank and CALL every shot-real good lesson!
Carol~always thinking of you,and if your locked up to bank it-just JUMP!

silverbullet
11-28-2002, 06:47 AM
Is slop allowed? What I mean by slop is I bank the shot and it narrowly misses but banks into the pocket across from it.

Laura

Ken
11-28-2002, 09:06 AM
Slop is usually not allowed in serious play. You are required to call both the pocket and the rails that will be hit. Therefore there is no playing a cross side shot and having it rebound a number of times and still go in the called pocket.

Customarily the obvious shots might not be called or else only the pocket designated but the direct bank must be made. The ball can't go around the table and go in as in straight pool.

The Derby City rules are fairly typical:

http://www.derbycityclassic.com/ninebank.htm

This is not like in professional pool where they play by "bar rules" and one player can say "too bad you didn't call that obvious shot so you don't win".
KenCT

Scott Lee
11-29-2002, 01:32 PM
To add to what Ken said...You also have to make the bank
"clean". In other words, it cannot go into the correct pocket off of another OB. Also, kicking multiple rails with the CB to pocket an OB is not allowed. You must bank the balls in!

Scott Lee