PDA

View Full Version : Trap cloth

03-09-2002, 09:34 AM
Any suggestions? I have a 8' Valley Cougar bar box, will be using the big ball (heavy one) with one shim added. My goal is to find a cloth, cheap, durable, slow that will be extremely difficult for road players to adapt too quickly. I am sick and tired of those in-stoke players taking advantage of the semi in-stoke players. Its difficult to take watching a player beat on you, not from experience or knowledge, just pocketing skills. This will also keep them in town awhile longer (cause they are broke) and maybe we locals can learn a few more tricks. BF

MaineEAck
03-09-2002, 09:40 AM
I was out of state, and my instructor/sponsor brought me to a friends house who had a table. the table was sooooo fast it was unreal. my instructor is Ken Tewksbury http://www.billiardinstructor.org/ he is a great guy. and the guy whos house he brought me to is Lee French. anyway. I could not adapt to the fastness of the table. I scratched a lot, I am going to find out what kind of cloth it was for you... I don't think anyone can adapt to it!

JimS
03-09-2002, 11:25 AM
It COULD be Granito 2000. Brad Simpson has it on his tables in the basement of the store and it takes a couple of hours to even begin to get used to it. Like playing on glass! Regards, JimS

03-09-2002, 12:18 PM
Yup, Jim beat me to it. That Granito 2000 turns the balls in to ball bearings... they just roll & roll & roll. Raytown Rec. has that cloth on 5 of their 7 GC's, the other two are simonis which, unfortunately, are the worst two tables in the place. Anyone who plays on the granito for more than two hours will then think simonis is slow.
(I prefer the simonis)

03-09-2002, 02:16 PM
try spraying it down with windex. that'll speed it up a bit. hit the rails real good and the ball won't grab. somebody once suggested spray starch but i've never tried that.

dan