PDA

View Full Version : Hard cases with jump cue pocket

silverbullet
11-29-2002, 07:50 AM
Does anyone know of a hard case with a jump cue pocket on the outside of the case? in case you are wondering, asking this for ww, as I am not ready to jump yet?

Laura

Fred Agnir
11-29-2002, 08:31 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote silverbullet:</font><hr> Does anyone know of a hard case with a jump cue pocket on the outside of the case? in case you are wondering, asking this for ww, as I am not ready to jump yet?<hr /></blockquote>
I don't know if you mean anything other than a soft case (which is what I suspect), but the Instroke Cowboys have an extra zippered compartment in their long pocket specifically for a jump cue.

Ebay has them often for under $275 for the 2+4 size in leather. Under $200 for the vinyl versions.

Fred &lt;~~~ likes leather, especially when it's tight and black

11-30-2002, 07:08 AM
My case has space for 3 butts+6 shafts. My play cue has 2 shafts, my break cue 1 shaft, my snooker cue 1 shaft, and I put my Bunjee cue in the last 2 remaining shaft holes. The butt of the Bunjee cue fits perfectly in one of the shaft holes.

TalismanTony
11-30-2002, 10:53 PM
Hi Laura,

My new Talisman cue cases have room in the 15" long pocket to accomodate a jump cue butt.

Many other features.

Talisman cue cases - click here (http://www.talismanbilliards.com/Cuecases.asp)

Kind regards,

rackmup
12-01-2002, 09:10 AM
Will you ever offer this case in a 3X5 or 3X7?

I've seen them at Hawley's in Dallas and they are beautiful!

Regards,

Ken

Troy
12-01-2002, 11:00 AM
I am patiently waiting for a 3x6 to be offered..... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Troy

12-01-2002, 11:44 AM
just so you know you've looked at 'em all, try whitten. i think the 2x4 goes 325 or 350$ and will hold a bunjee butt in the big pocket. i like mine a lot.

dan

Cueless Joey
12-01-2002, 11:58 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote rackmup:</font><hr> Will you ever offer this case in a 3X5 or 3X7?

I've seen them at Hawley's in Dallas and they are beautiful!

Regards,

Ken <hr /></blockquote>
3 by 7? Isn't that Googanism? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Do you hide your money or knives in there too?

eg8r
12-01-2002, 11:59 AM
Hello,
I just bought an Instroke case and it has exactly what you are looking for. On the large pocket on the front you will find a zipper on the side, this is a little pocket area specifically for the jump cue.

eg8r &lt;~~~Loves the new case but thinks it is a bit heavy when full of cues

rackmup
12-01-2002, 01:08 PM
A 3X7 case allows for the following:

A playing cue with 2 shafts.
A break cue with 2 shafts.
A jump cue with 1 shaft (a jump cue butt will usually fit in a shaft tube.)

That totals up to two butt tubes and 6 shaft tubes being used. This leaves 1 butt tube and 1 shaft tube empty. In those two empty tubes I would insert:

A two piece fishing rod. The reel would fit in the large compartment.

And if it's 'Googanism', Instroke started it with their 3X7 case.

Regards,

Ken (King Goog)

silverbullet
12-01-2002, 05:18 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> Hello,
I just bought an Instroke case and it has exactly what you are looking for. On the large pocket on the front you will find a zipper on the side, this is a little pocket area specifically for the jump cue.

eg8r &lt;~~~Loves the new case but thinks it is a bit heavy when full of cues <hr /></blockquote>

Does anybody have the webaddress for this whitten or instroke. Have seen Tony's cases, and they sure are beautiful. Dont know that pricerange ww had it mind but just want to know where to find them.

My case is a 4x2 and I need to upgrade to a 6x3 to accomidate two cues and a bk.

Laura

eg8r
12-01-2002, 06:20 PM
For Instroke cases I would suggest www.hawleys.com. (http://www.hawleys.com.) Hawleys sells a lot of Instroke cases and have a nice selection to choose from. http://www.instroke.com/homepage.htm is the page for Instroke. These prices will probably be more expensive than Hawleys. Check out both because sometimes Instroke will have a new one in that Hawleys does not carry.

eg8r &lt;~~~I have a 3b7s Instroke

TalismanTony
12-01-2002, 08:36 PM
Hi Rackmup,

I do plan to produce a larger size sometime in 2003. I am not sure what would be the best size to go for. We have limited financial resources so I am concentrating on just the 2 x 4 at the moment but many people have asked for the larger case. What do you think is the next most popular size after the 2 x 4? Is it 3 x 5, 3 x 6 or 3 x 7?

Kind regards,

Troy
12-01-2002, 08:47 PM
I would say 3x6 Tony, but that's just my desire..... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Troy...~~~ Anxiously waiting... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote TalismanTony:</font><hr> Hi Rackmup,

I do plan to produce a larger size sometime in 2003. I am not sure what would be the best size to go for. We have limited financial resources so I am concentrating on just the 2 x 4 at the moment but many people have asked for the larger case. What do you think is the next most popular size after the 2 x 4? Is it 3 x 5, 3 x 6 or 3 x 7?

Kind regards,
<hr /></blockquote>

Rod
12-01-2002, 09:04 PM
Troy,
That would be my guess and a separate pouch for the jump handle. I only say this because of there popularity. Rarely will anyone need more than six shafts.

Troy
12-01-2002, 09:58 PM
I carry 2 butts and 4 shafts for me, but since I do repairs, I need the other 3 spots to carry customer cues. Even then, occasionally it's not enough room, but I don't want a 3x7.

Troy...~~~ Has a Giuseppe 3x6 now and waits for a Talisman 3x6... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rod:</font><hr> Troy,
That would be my guess and a separate pouch for the jump handle. I only say this because of there popularity. Rarely will anyone need more than six shafts. <hr /></blockquote>