PDA

View Full Version : Viking cue shafts

Buckster_uk
11-29-2002, 11:28 AM
I am looking to buy the Viking VX13 cue.

I really want to know about the shaft colour really. Are the Viking shafts all white and have no kind of different shades of colour in them, or can you see the grain of the wood. The CD1 cue from the 5280 range has the kind of shaft that I am talking about, it is pretty much all white coloured and you cant see the grain of the wood.

So, what kind of shafts come with the Viking cues?

I know this probably sounds stupid, but I dont know a lot about pool cues as I am from the UK and just kinda am wondering what sorta shafts Viking cues come with.

Cheers

Rod
11-29-2002, 12:45 PM
Buckster, It's not a stupid question. You want a clear straight grained shaft. Problem is on most production cues you never know untill you have it in your hands. I use to sell Viking cues and your chances of what you want is not good. The same applies with most production cues. If your particular (so am I ) you need to order order a better quality shaft. I'm no expert but shaft wood is defined by growth rings, the less rings the more grain you see. I like snow white shafts, tight grain and no sugar stains.

Don't believe what you see in pictures, you might be in for a big disappointment with what you receive.
Here is a link for more info on shaft wood. Good luck.

http://www.barringercues.com/qualitywood.html