PDA

View Full Version : Miscues on new Moori tips

11-29-2002, 12:31 PM
Recently a friend and I had soft Moori tips installed on
our cues. We then cut them down a little...put a nickel curvature and went shooting. Lo and behold we never had so many miscues at one time. Anyone knows what we are doing wrong? I have since put a "dime" curvature on and have hardly any miscues.

Scott Lee
11-29-2002, 12:45 PM
Miscues are MOST often related to one of two things...either
the stroke is poor, or the tip needs to be chalked better.
It has NOTHING to do with the radius of the tip. You may just THINK a dime shape hits better, and therefore your brain reinforces that in your stroke, and makes it more smooth in the delivery. More often then not, a miscue is the result of too quick a backswing, resulting in missing where you are aiming on the CB by a hair.

Scott Lee

11-29-2002, 12:58 PM
I think you're right. Our concern was that this was the first time we have a layered tip. Altho moori sez it is a soft tip it feels hard. It seems it has to chalked all the time and is distracting. But thanks for the advice.

Scott Lee
11-29-2002, 01:13 PM
RON...Aha! Well that makes some sense, as a layered tip DOES play somewhat different than single layer tips like LePro, Triumph, Champion, etc. But it is STILL mostly execution of the stroke! ALL tips, including layered tips, regardless of designation (S, M, H, XH) will be HARD to the touch. Even Elk Masters cannot be "squeezed" with the fingers.

Scott Lee

Rod
11-29-2002, 01:47 PM
Amen, /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Hey Scott, When you were at your friends place, the one with the Palmer collection. I sent a couple of pictures to you but never heard back. I just happened to think about that. One day I would like to know as I have never seen one like it. I found out the laquer finish is a little dull from being stored in the case for so long. Bummer!

Scott Lee
11-29-2002, 01:55 PM
Rod...I emailed him the pics you sent me, and he said he had a couple like it, and had seen similar cues, but none exactly like yours. I thought I emailed you back...Sorry! Blame it on CRS syndrome (can't remember sh*t)! LOL

Scott

Troy
11-29-2002, 01:57 PM
It's wise to chalk prior to each shot. I've had a Talisman Pro Soft for over a year on a shaft I use for 1-Pocket. No picing, no scuffing, no shaping. It holds chalk so well I can go 3-4 shots between chalking - an extremely bad habit to get into.

Troy
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote RON:</font><hr> I think you're right. Our concern was that this was the first time we have a layered tip. Altho moori sez it is a soft tip it feels hard. It seems it has to chalked all the time and is distracting. But thanks for the advice. <hr /></blockquote>

Rod
11-29-2002, 02:03 PM
No Problem Scott, did he happen to say what model, or is it a hybrid? I am well aware of the CRS syndrome since I just remembered it myself! LOL I'll find out one day.