PDA

View Full Version : BD Magazine Delivery Problems

Tom_In_Cincy
03-09-2002, 12:35 PM
Does anyone else get this magazine LATE every month?
The Magazine shows up in the pool halls before it is delivered at my house.. Maybe I ought to have it sent to the pool hall..

03-09-2002, 10:10 PM
Tom,

I love the magazine, but I have to call them EVERY month!! Its getting old.

03-10-2002, 08:19 PM
this is one reason i'm not going to continue my subscription to BD mags.

At least... my pool and billiards are always on time.

Rod
03-10-2002, 09:22 PM
Tom when I owned the pool room we always got ours pretty close to on time. After reading so many of these posts over the years, I'm sure nothing has changed, other than maybe an increase in price. I don't know that. Anyway I decided not to subscribe at home for those reasons. If I showed up late any where I went, it's very doubtful anyone would like me or do business, not to mention have a job. Same principal here.

Doctor_D
03-11-2002, 07:01 AM
Good morning:

Your delivery problems could be the fault of the local post office. Even though they will never admit it publicly, bulk mail can be delivered at the discretion of the letter carrier. When I began experiencing delivery problems, with Billiards Digest and other publications being delivered by bulk mail, I started bitching nice and loud to the Postmaster at my local Post Office. Immediately, my delivery problems were over. Amazing, what a little bitching will due.

Dr. D.

Rich R.
03-11-2002, 08:17 AM
Obviously, I do not bitch loud enough. I have had similar problems with our post office concerning bulk mail. We get magazines late and we also get sale advertisements from local businesses, after the end of the sale. We have spoken to several businesses. They have told us that they mail these items in plenty of time, but they get delivered late. Many of them have complained to the local post office, but it doesn't seem to help. Rich R.~~~has gotten used to receiving mail late.