PDA

View Full Version : CCB'ers are A-O-K

rackmup
11-30-2002, 09:56 AM
I had the opportunity to meet eg8r's brother, Chad, while he was in town for the holiday. He's a little 'larger' than Ed is and about the same speed as a player (with less slop...er...accidentally made shots.) I would hate to have to bear the financial burden of feeding both of these guys!

He and I played a few hours of nineball last night. He had ventured into Dallas earlier in the day and purchased a new Predator cue. Ed picked up a new purple leather Instroke case. Well, he said it was purple. It's actually brown but you have to excuse him...he is from Florida and all of those sunny days without the benefit of protection from an ozone layer has messed up his vision. Kato...take note: wear sunglasses!

I'm wondering if it is the same everywhere: CCB'ers seem to be good people. Does it always extend to immediate family?

I haven't met any of OnePocketChamp’s family. They won't be eligible for parole until 2003. I did meet his Mom. Oh what a heavy burden that poor woman has had to carry raising Les and sending cookies to the local penitentiary.

Regards,

Ken (my family? Oh man...you don't want to know)

Tom_In_Cincy
11-30-2002, 10:09 AM
Ken

It does seem that, overall, CCB members have a quality about them that makes for good friends. Even in Texas.

The CCB members that I have met are generally some of the nicest pool players I have ever known. Regardless of skill levels (and there are some really great players) there seems to be a common thread of everyone wanting to be as happy as possible.

CCB does add some 'worth' for its members.

Texas seems to have more than its share of Pool Hall fellowships.

Chris Cass
11-30-2002, 07:49 PM
I think both of you are just incredible. Couldn't ask for more friendship then you guys.

/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif,

C.C.~~purple? Yukk

CarolNYC
12-01-2002, 04:16 AM
Hey Chris,
Yes, I'll have to agree,purple for a case is somewhat "to each their own"ha ha ha-but YUCK!
Uh-oh-now I have to change the color of my hair!:)
You know Im always thinking of you!
Carol~glad Ken had a good time!

OnePocketChamp
12-01-2002, 09:20 AM
I haven't met any of OnePocketChamp’s family. They won't be eligible for parole until 2003. I did meet his Mom. Oh what a heavy burden that poor woman has had to carry raising Les and sending cookies to the local penitentiary.

Just for the record, my Mom never sent me any cookies, she was into brownies and fudge during that long 8 years. To all the East Coast CCB'ers; a word of advice, never - ever consider Clinton Correctional Facility at Dannemora, New York as a vacation site. Because they have no 9' pool tables and the weather in Upstate New York is brutal.
Saturday at Clicks was great, I really enjoyed watching SPetty beat the pants off of our buddy Rackmup an believe meI had plenty of time to watch as I sat most of my straight pool game with our Englishmen friend, Richard.

eg8r
12-01-2002, 11:54 AM
LOL, Ken is crazy. I never said purple, if I remember correctly I said Lavender (sp?). LOL

I don't even know what the correct name of the color is, but, I said Maroon. Everyone else believes it is brown. Oh well, it does not matter, Ken has sooooo much build up in those ears that he heard purple and will just not let it go. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r <~~~Got my new Instroke 3b/7s case.

SPetty
12-01-2002, 08:29 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr> It does seem that, overall, CCB members have a quality about them that makes for good friends. Even in Texas. <hr /></blockquote>Um, uh, thanks, I think.

SPetty~~~born and raised in Texas...

Tom_In_Cincy
12-01-2002, 08:44 PM
SPetty,
The only pool player I have played from Texas is Tony Watson. I am awaiting the Texas DCC contingent to show up and see if they are any better...LOL

I am also jealous that there are so many CCB members in TX that can call a Saturday Afternoon get together and have so much fun.

34 more days til the Derby City Classic.. not that I'm counting.. Kato will be doing that..

Chris Cass
12-01-2002, 08:57 PM
Don't you change a thing about you and that includes your hair. I was merely kidding with eg8r. Purple is ok. Your hair is great.

Regards,

C.C.~~likes Carol's purple hair.. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chris Cass
12-01-2002, 09:02 PM
Hi Eg8r,

I know the deal. He's getting his $10. worth of punishment. HAHAHAHA Just be glad you didn't win $20. LMAO

Regards,

C.C.~~I'm sure the case is really nice. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

eg8r
12-01-2002, 09:03 PM
OMG, The case is NOT purple. LOL.

eg8r &lt;~~~ Might need to take a pic of the case and show it

eg8r
12-01-2002, 09:05 PM
I hear ya. I will have to make a note...never win when gambling with Ken he will beat you up on the board. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

Chris Cass
12-01-2002, 09:07 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA That did it. I'm out of control. hahahahhaa

C.C.

rackmup
12-01-2002, 09:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
...never win when gambling with Ken...<hr /></blockquote>

My boy, the way you have been shooting lately, your losing should be no problem! You would have a better chance of getting at my money if you flew your brother back out to Texas and stakehorsed for him in a game against me.

And yes...your case is BROWN!

Regards,

Ken (loves eg8r like a brother)

eg8r
12-01-2002, 09:11 PM
Worse yet, let your kid bro come into town and Ken will bump you off his team faster than his dogs jumping to freedom. LOL He could not wait for me to join OPC.

eg8r &lt;~~No more gambling, rackmup is too good a friend /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r
12-01-2002, 09:13 PM
Fly him out and stakehorse him...Are you crazy, that boy at me out of the "hotel". He would have to play big money with OPC to even help me break even. LOL

eg8r

CarolNYC
12-02-2002, 08:31 AM
For YOU,ANYTHING!
love,
Carol~always remembering Vegas!