PDA

View Full Version : Earl Strickland interview in Manila

Harold Acosta
11-30-2002, 08:35 PM
Pretty good interview in Phillipines before the LG Flatron Billiard Challenge II - Nov 28-30, 2002. Visit AZ Billiards for the complete interview:

http://www.azbilliards.com/2000storyb.cfm?storynum=566

[b]<font color="blue">Billiard is a passionate sport for the mind and soul!</font color>
http://www.thebilliardstour.com/images/starscrash.gif

Cueless Joey
11-30-2002, 09:12 PM
He's always nice during interviews. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ludba
11-30-2002, 09:58 PM
Not completely nice. He still managed to bitch about this year's U.S. Open winner.

"While he has nothing but praise for Reyes and Bustamante who don’t waste time at the table even when confronted with tough situations, Strickland said he has had some disputes with International Billiards Congress “Player of the Year’ Ralf Souquet who edged out Bustamante for the honor. Strickland’s gripe, 'He plays too slow. I think he takes players out of their game by playing too slow. I think we need to put some pressure on him and make him play faster because its not fair to the other players.'"

Sure, that's why Souquet took your Open crown.

stickman
11-30-2002, 10:54 PM
Strickland is unquestionably one of the greatest players of all time.

Strickland vows he will stop the running conversation with fans that sometimes results in heated exchanges. "I'm gonna stop that for sure. I'm not going to engage anyone in a conversation anymore. I'm gonna stick to business, try to put a smile on my face a little more and to accept the fact that something is going to happen and that's the nature of the game and the nature of the audience."

If he indeed does as he says in this interview, he'll have many more fans. He made a fan of me when he left the UPA.

Ludba
12-01-2002, 12:00 AM
"Strickland is unquestionably one of the gretest players of all time. If he indeed does as he says in this interview, he'll have many more fans."

Agreed. I think it's good that he and other players are concerned about pool's entertainment value, especially as it applies to gaining a wider audience.