PDA

View Full Version : Im a Newbie

Icon of Sin
12-01-2002, 04:53 PM
Hey guys, i'm a newbie to this message board... i have been shooting pool for a few years no but I have gotten serious with it over the last 6 months, I joined my first APA 9-ball League and I am Ranked as a "4" and it looks as if we are going to our local playoffs.

I shoot pool alot at home (we have an 8 footer) and also enjoy playing with butterfly knives and watching movies. I am a Gigantic Star Wars Fan too.

My favorite game is 9-Ball, I also like straight pool too, im not a big fan of 8 ball though, but I will play it when others want too.

well, now im no longer a stranger and you all know a little about me, you all can feel free to email me if there is anything you need or if there is anything i can help you out with.

Brent
12-01-2002, 04:57 PM
Hi there and welcome to Billiards Digest message boards.

Brent

eg8r
12-01-2002, 06:24 PM
Welcome to the board. Odd choice for a name

eg8r <~~~Wonders if thread is in the right forum

Icon of Sin
12-01-2002, 07:06 PM
Hey eg8r,

I use this name for alot of things, like online gaming and other message boards. Plus alot of people on the internet know me by this name so I just use it wherever I post. The Icon of Sin is acutally the last level of a game called "Doom II" (like I said I do alot of gaming.)

Anyway, thanks for the warm welcome guys... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

rackmup
12-01-2002, 07:48 PM
Did you know "Icon of Sin" spelled backwards is:

"Nis fo Noci" which is the 'Kicobobway' (a small island off the coast of Africa) language for:

"Last level of a game called Doom II"

Funny how that all worked out, huh?

Regards,

Ken (okay...I'm leaving)

Chris Cass
12-01-2002, 08:47 PM
Welcome Icon of Sin,

Nice car too. Anyway, You'll enjoy yourself here. There's a lot of experienced players and cuemakers that can help with any questions you have. So, what dimension are you from? J/K. We have an on board alien that's streaks through once in awhile. We have a cute and cuddley mouse. A permanent racker from Fla. and a handfull of deliteful people including myself, a Pooh-Bah. Whatever the heck that is. LOL

Now, tell us what cue you shoot with? The dimensions, the tip type, your practice schedule, your practice routine, does your lovely bride to be shoot, and how do you break? This will be noted, and put in your permanent file. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Regards,

C.C.~~ /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Icon of Sin
12-01-2002, 08:57 PM
Lets see, my current cue is a Harvard Graphite (A Sears Sucker) but my fiancee bought me a Players Tourney Cue for Xmas. Its a 19 once. I shoot south paw and break from the right side of the table and hit just under center ball.

Im planning on getting a Balabushka GB-1 around February and then making the Players Cue my breaker. I dont really have a practice schedule but for one of my basic routines I throw 2 balls out on my table and run them, then I bump it up to three, once I get a successful run with them, I bump it up to four... etc etc. I use this sometimes to take a break from the normal drills.

Tom_In_Cincy
12-01-2002, 09:06 PM
Sin Icon,

Welcome to the board. Thanks for the profile of your pool data.

I am an old man, grey hair and balding, fat and have been attempting to pocket balls for almost 38 years.

I currently play with a 20.5 oz. Joss, and use a Bludworth Break cue 19 oz.

I have a practice routine that is centered around my STROKE. I have a website that has some practice shots drills and a blank pool table drawing that you can print out and use for what ever you want.

www.geocities.com/cincytom314 (http://www.geocities.com/cincytom314)

Thanks for registering and take lots of notes.. there will be quizes.. later

OnePocketChamp
12-04-2002, 06:31 AM
Ken, what in the world are you talking about? Have you been on your Nyquil again? There is a support group for people with your problem, NA (Nyquil Anonymous). I know a friend who has a sister that dated a guy that works in a soda fountain across the street from a where they hold there monthly meetings. If you are interested I can get you the address but first you have to accept the fact you have a problem. Good luck my friend.