PDA

View Full Version : Changing Forum That Appears With Login

TomBrooklyn
12-01-2002, 05:08 PM
When I open CCB (with IE6, and cookie auto-login activated)I am taken to the Archive Forum. How can I change that to the CCB or Non-Pool Related Forums. The Archives is the forum I am least likely to be interested in viewing on a regular basis.
=Tom

Rod
12-01-2002, 08:27 PM
Tom,
All I did was put the main forum in my list of favorites. Actually under favorites I deleted all of the addresses in the links folder. I now use the links folder for sites I visit more often. By using the double arrow below the address bar you create a third section which is links. If you type in short names such as CCB and CCBF for forums you can have both and switch at will without having to negotiate what the site allows. I have a dozen sites on that bar and rarely use the favorites drop down menu. I even have a little 8 ball icon for CCB instead of the std IE logo. Delete CCB from your favorites, then go to the main forum and add that to your favorites or links as I explained. If you have done this and it doesn't work, I don't know. Maybe you need to repair IE in the control pannel. If I didn't explain that well enough, let me know.

stickman
12-02-2002, 08:27 AM
Thanks, Rod. It works for me! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rod
12-02-2002, 01:06 PM
Hi Jim, Your welcome and glad it worked for you.
Just curious if you used the links bar for your shortcuts. It only takes up a small amount of real estate and can be collapsed in short order if needed. The ones in there I never used, like, is your operating system genuine etc.

stickman
12-02-2002, 01:23 PM
It's in the links bar now. I got rid of "Is your operating system genuine", "Channel Guide", and others I don't use. thanks for the tip.

Jim /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif