PDA

View Full Version : burning desire-pool related

silverbullet
12-02-2002, 02:05 AM
I woke at 1 AM and could not go back to sleep. my mind was racing with thoughts of pool and specific shots. of course my dreams are WAY more grandiose than my reality. i was very sick high temp for 4 days, so guess i was in pool 'withdrawal'. i shot pretty good for being off for 4 days. really thinking about every shot before i take it and where i want to cb to end up etc. not perfect by a long stretch on this but seeing consistent improvement. of course as a beginner, all improvements are like christmas presents to me.

i am getting better at three rail kick shots for legal hits and safeties. not 100%, 50 on a good day. I am finding that I am pretty good calculating the angles using some kind of modification of the diamond system (which I have never been taught). now if i could hit the daggone ball where i think i am aiming, might even get a little better here. to be clear, i cannot pocket a ball at all with this method, only safes. i can only pocket balls on one rail kicks and once or twice have done on two rail-but only when my coach told me where to hit it..so dont guee that count...oh welll...to the question i was going to ask...

do any of you get up in the middle of the night to play pool?

Laura

Alfie
12-02-2002, 02:29 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote silverbullet:</font><hr> do any of you get up in the middle of the night to play pool? <hr /></blockquote> No, it's always to take a leak.

silverbullet
12-02-2002, 05:39 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Alfie:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote silverbullet:</font><hr> do any of you get up in the middle of the night to play pool? <hr /></blockquote> No, it's always to take a leak. <hr /></blockquote>

well i had done nothing but sleep for four days. dont know why i had that dang high temp,but maybe all of that sleep was part of the reason i got up. otoh, i usuallly wake up after 4 hours sleep with my mind racing about pool but can usually get back to sleep.

yesterday i did something in pool but dangit cant remember what it was. ww asked me who showed me how to do it to which i responded 'i made it up'. all the aiming systems in the world did not make sense to my strange brain so i had to make up my own. when i explained it to him, he said 'oh you are using the ghost ball theory' i said no not really, i dont see ghosts.

someone said i talk about myself and my game, but at my level of play, considering everybody here is higher, what can i say? i cant tell an advanced player how to play 3 rail position or whatever. i got in trouble for that before.all i can say is what i am doing in my game today and ask questions.

still someone complains. i guess'you can please some of the people some of the time but you cant please all of the people all of the time'

Laura