PDA

View Full Version : Jasmin Ouschan Interview

9 Ball Girl
12-04-2002, 09:25 AM
http://www.azbilliards.com/interviews/jasmin.cfm

Cueless Joey
12-04-2002, 10:33 AM
I bet a ton of female players are already jealous of her.
Coca Cola as a sponsor for a pool player?

9 Ball Girl
12-04-2002, 10:46 AM
I noticed the Coca Cola thing too. I wonder why they've never sponsored anyone from the States although if they've had, I didn't know.

In any case, good for Jasmin. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Scott Lee
12-04-2002, 11:36 AM
Wendy...True story! In 1960, my mentor Jack White, was doing exhibitions at Georgia Tech (which is called 'Coca Cola University' because it is located almost across the street from the world HQ)! The big dogs were over watching, and invited Jack and his wife over to the HQ for a tour. As they sat in the corporate boardroom, Jack discussed this very thing with the Coca Cola president. They offered to put up a million dollars for a 'professional pool tour' if Jack could come up with 19 other "players" who would comprise the tour! Jack, in his own inimitable fashion, said "There AREN'T 19 other guys like me!" What he meant, was that poolplayers with his composure, personality, and entertainment value, were just NOT out there. This could possibly be debated, but I would have to agree...especially 40+ yrs ago! Today, it MIGHT be a different story, but the "personality" part would be the most difficult! LOL Poolplayers are mostly still just
"poolplayers"...thinking only about "what's in it for ME right NOW?", rather than "What can I DO to help make this happen for EVERYONE?" LOL Sad, but true!

Scott Lee

Vagabond
12-04-2002, 07:16 PM
I hope charlie Williams will read your post.
Vagabond

mickey2
12-05-2002, 05:35 AM
Some of her league statistics from this season, 4 rounds out of 14 played:
14/1 winning percentage 75%, 3 out of 4 games (race to 100) with an avg. of 9,38 and a high run of 81 !

Popcorn
12-05-2002, 07:54 AM
I think that may be a leap, I doubt CC its self is a sponsor. It may be a distributor or even a guy that drives a delivery truck for coke and she is wearing a patch.

HOWARD
12-05-2002, 01:45 PM
SCOTT LEE,

I do not know you, but I do know a little about you from your posts, and your many fans posts.

I believe what you have described was pool ship pulling into port. Sailing again without the passenger because the
rep. did not know corporate speak and the corporate speaker did not know pool speak. Indeed very sad.

Best regards,

Howard

Doctor_D
12-05-2002, 01:58 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Scott Lee:</font><hr> Wendy...True story! In 1960, my mentor Jack White, was doing exhibitions at Georgia Tech (which is called 'Coca Cola University' because it is located almost across the street from the world HQ)! The big dogs were over watching, and invited Jack and his wife over to the HQ for a tour. As they sat in the corporate boardroom, Jack discussed this very thing with the Coca Cola president. They offered to put up a million dollars for a 'professional pool tour' if Jack could come up with 19 other "players" who would comprise the tour! Jack, in his own inimitable fashion, said "There AREN'T 19 other guys like me!" What he meant, was that poolplayers with his composure, personality, and entertainment value, were just NOT out there. This could possibly be debated, but I would have to agree...especially 40+ yrs ago! Today, it MIGHT be a different story, but the "personality" part would be the most difficult! LOL Poolplayers are mostly still just
"poolplayers"...thinking only about "what's in it for ME right NOW?", rather than "What can I DO to help make this happen for EVERYONE?" LOL Sad, but true!

Scott Lee <hr /></blockquote>

Good afternoon:

Not to mention their protecting, albeit the size of a postage stamp, their own turf.

Dr. D.

Scott Lee
12-05-2002, 08:18 PM
HOWARD...No, I don't think it was that! It was more that Jack was VERY good at what he did...read: professional (in his manner and dress), entertaining (for hours) and excellent in his shooting skills (as he played EVERY day for 60+ years! LOTS of players have the shooting skills. Few have the ability to be entertaining (for more than a minute or two), and fewer are willing to act and LOOK the part! When I work, I am ALWAYS in a coat and tie, with shined shoes and a clean, pressed shirt! I am PAID like a professional, and by god, I am going to LOOK the part, and ACT the part! I can't tell you how many times another pro has asked me, "How can you play in a coat and tie?" My response is "How can you NOT play in a coat and tie? If you can play, you should be able to play in a tux or buck naked, and it shouldn't matter one bit! LOL Most of those who know me personally, know that I am by nature a t-shirt and jeans guy most of the time! LOL

Scott Lee

Scott Lee
12-08-2002, 11:15 PM
On another note, the people promoting the "Windy City Open", which is being run as an amateur tournament at a hotel in Willowbrook, outside Chicago, Jan. 9-12, have announced that a local Pepsi Bottling Co. has signed on as a major sponsor of the tournament. See the info on their website: www.windycityopen.com (http://www.windycityopen.com) Who knows, perhaps this bodes well for getting Coke or Pepsi to pay attention to professional pool too! We can always HOPE...

Scott Lee

arn3
12-08-2002, 11:22 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> I noticed the Coca Cola thing too. I wonder why they've never sponsored anyone from the States although if they've had, I didn't know.

In any case, good for Jasmin. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif <hr /></blockquote>

because this is probably coca-cola austria. she has a presence there. coca-cola usa doesn't look to pool for endorsement potential.

in fact, mika immonen should try for that gravy train too, since he is known in finland.

arn3
12-08-2002, 11:37 PM
scott, i think it's different today in the sense that TODAY, it's even worse than before. today, sports is dominated by the big money games, and the "fast and furious" stuff like Xgames.