PDA

View Full Version : Instructional video on attaining a good stroke?

pass
12-04-2002, 12:12 PM
Hello everyone,
I've been reading the posts and have picked up a lot of good information from all of you so thanks! One question, does anybody have suggestions on what they think is a good instructional video for learning how to get a nice stroke?

Thanks for the help

Cueless Joey
12-04-2002, 12:16 PM
Jerry Breisath's How To Play Pool the Right Way.

Scott Lee
12-04-2002, 12:19 PM
pass...Well, that's a good question. Many instructional videos gloss over the basics of what a stroke is, and how to achieve it...to make it consisent and automatic. MY instructional video (which I have been perfecting for the past 5 yrs, and it is STILL not done) will be on the market next summer! Right now I am shopping for a DVD producer, as I would like to have it available in both VHS and DVD formats. In the meantime, I would search out a qualified instructor, and take a "stroke" lesson.

To all of you who know me...I know, I know...I have been saying "It's coming!" for a long, long time now. But I just spoke with a man in Colorado who is going to produce it for me...so it IS happening! LOL

Scott Lee

Scott Lee
12-04-2002, 12:22 PM
Yep...I agree with Joey...UNTIL mine comes out! LOL
My mentor, Jerry Briesath, and I, are two BCA instructors that FOCUS first on the stroke. Like Chris Cass said in another post..."Nothing else matters, until you have a stroke!"

Scott

randyg
12-04-2002, 01:39 PM
HOPE is turning a poor POKE into a great STROKE....randyg

pass
12-04-2002, 02:02 PM
Thanks! Good idea going for the DVD format, I can't stand having to rewind /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif I'll keep an eye out for it.

I was thinking about finding an instructor but i'm not real sure how to go about it. I noticed the BCA site had an instructor listed for the Cleveland, OH area but I haven't looked into it. Are you planning on coming to the Cleveland area any time soon or do you know somebody around here you would recommend? How much should I expect to pay for lessons from you or in general?

Thanks

phil in sofla
12-04-2002, 06:23 PM
The Dead Stroke tape deals with nothing but the stroke, the proper way, and demonstrates many flaws in strokes to check yourself for.

bigbro6060
12-04-2002, 06:52 PM
Get Try Snooker by STeve Davis

and

Play Snooker with Terry Griffith

they cover the basics really well /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Scott Lee
12-04-2002, 10:45 PM
pass...A friend of mine, Jeff Clark, is a BCA Certified Instructor in the Cleveland area. See the BCA website (bca-pool.com) for his number. I will be in the Cleveland area in mid to late Feb. Email me for more information.

Scott Lee

pass
12-05-2002, 11:40 AM
I heard somebody mention the Dead Stroke tape before, but I couldn't find out where to buy it. Do you know where I can order it?

Thanks.