PDA

View Full Version : Table Opinions

12-04-2002, 12:16 PM
Does anyone have any opinions on the Brunswick "Artisan" model? I am considering purchasing one. The Gold Crown is a little out of my reach and I was also looking for a table that doesn't look so commercial. This is the same reason I am "dancing around" buying a Diamond (which is more affordable than the Gold Crown) However, I DO NOT want to substitute playability with better looks. Any thoughts are appreciated.

Scott Lee
12-04-2002, 12:45 PM
Chris...Most of the Brunswick models below the Gold Crown are for home play. That means they are not as well built, and generally much 'lighter' in weight, which is a factor in how the table will play (as well as the quality of the cushions and slate). I would suggest going to the local Brunswick dealer in Louisville, and asking to play some on the model you are looking at. If they won't let you PLAY on the table, they are not serious about selling you one. If they DO, and you like it (you are familiar enough with how GC's and Diamonds play, so you should be able to tell a difference...however much there is), they most likely would make you a deal on the floor model! Just don't expect to do jump shots and masse's! LOL Hope this helps.

Scott Lee

Wally_in_Cincy
12-04-2002, 01:45 PM
Chris,

I imagine Diamond will be selling the tables from the Derby City Classic. You're in the perfect place dude. Just find a buddy with a truck and you're in business.

12-04-2002, 02:56 PM
I inquired about that already. They will be using 9-foot smart tables, which are more expensive used than the new Diamond Pro. The 9-foot smart tables are also 1 piece slate, making it nearly impossible to get it down my basement stairs.