PDA

View Full Version : New Table? Help

12-05-2002, 02:38 AM
I am looking for a pool table and wanted to know the quality that Wholesale billards (wholesalebillards.com) produces. Has anybody had any experience with them (quality)? They say that they are the second biggest manufacturer. We are also looking at Golden west.
We just need something for the family, and are looking in the $2-3K range. Live in So. Cal.

Any info will be appreciated.

Thanks

Scott Lee
12-05-2002, 08:35 PM
That is a good investment for a quality table, if you buy a used table. You can get an excellent commerical quality table in that price range, often from the newspaper want ads. Also look in the phone book under Billiard Supplies. There should be several firms that handle buying and selling used tables. If you buy retail (Golden West, for example), you will get a "home" quality table, which will be okay...but for the same money you can get get a better quality used table and just recover it with new cloth. For $2500-$3000 you should be able to find something that is in 'near new' condition, and afford to have it professionally installed, with new cloth...probably even have a couple hundred left to go buy some cues! Remember get the size table that will FIT in your space. There is nothing worse than a too small room. For a 7', you need a 13x17 room; for an 8', you need a 14x18 room; for a 9', you need a minimum of 15x20...just for the table. Hope this helps.

Scott Lee

12-05-2002, 11:46 PM
I went to wholesale billards (2 hrs driving) and found that the quality was not what I have seen other places. The finishes were not smooth and the diamond sites weren't set in flush, on almost all the tables.
The other funny thing was that all the boxes that I saw said made in China. They advertise all tables made in America.