PDA

View Full Version : Oh, the weather outside is frightful...

Barbara
12-05-2002, 04:14 PM
Mother Nature 10, humans 0.

Oh, my aching back. We got dumped with 10 inches today. Luckily Pete had to go in real early today and called me and told me to bag it cause he was sliding in his 4x4 GMC truck. Lord knows my car is too pretty to be out and vunerable to accidents. So I figured I'd help him out and shovel. And shovel. And shovel.

I shoveled the g-d front walk, sidewalk, and the WHOLE drive way TWICE! By the time I got back to the back deck, another 2 inches had fallen, so I cleared that off yet again and went inside. Pete was coming hobme from work and it was letting up so I decided to go out and help him some before he got home.

Another 3 inches had fallen. Oh, my aching back!!

Now the real gripe I have is that we knew this snow was coming, the municipalities and townships knew this snow was coming, so where are the g-d snow plows?? I swear, 10 inches is nothing to some areas. Why is it such a BIG DEAL in the Philly area? I just don't understand.

But the good news is, one of our neighbors bought a snow blower today and offered to let us use it. As soon as Pete can put it together for him!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Kato, if my back is still too sore, our match might have to be postponed.

Barbara~~~jacuzzi, anyone?? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

nAz
12-05-2002, 05:03 PM
Hey Barbara, i only got 4in. here.
thank god the snow wasnt packed, it was pretty fluffy and my back hurts only a little from shoveling. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif
damn Snow cancelled the local tourny tonight, i was so looking forward to playing tonight too!

OnePocketChamp
12-05-2002, 05:28 PM
Man I really feel for you, that snow shoveling doesn't sound like its too much fun. Now, here in Dallas I had a really difficult time driving home from work. I leave work and drive to the West, right into the setting sun and realize I don't have my <font color="red"> </font color> sunglasses with me. Bright sunlight can be sooo brutal. Sorry for your snowfall but us Texans have it rough too. LOL

Barbara
12-05-2002, 06:20 PM
Okay, OPC, edu-ma-cate me. What's the weather like in Dallas? Ever get any snow? Cold spells? Do your women wear fur in 60 degree weather or what?

Barbara~~~too sore to reach around for the World Atlas that would give her a hernia on top of the sore back... /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Barbara
12-05-2002, 06:23 PM
nAz, just wait for the slush to freeze tonight. And I think that the worst was south of you - or until Fred Agnir lets us know how bad it was up in MA.

Barbara~~~but the fire's sooooooo delightful.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

TomBrooklyn
12-05-2002, 06:38 PM
I think snow is delightful and like to get the excercise shoveling it. We have about 6" now here. I bought cross country snow skis a few years ago and waited for years for it to snow which it didn't so I got rid of them. Now I finall could have used them, but it took three years.

Barbara
12-05-2002, 07:02 PM
Hey Tom!

I've seen cross country skiers in Philly when I went to school there. Nothing wrong with that but the stoopid car drivers trying to hit them because they don't have the smarts to avoid them!!

Be careful and I hope NYC has bike lanes that you can use!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Barbara~~~is now using a creme on her back. Apparrently working out just doesn't really get you in shape... /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Tom_In_Cincy
12-05-2002, 07:10 PM
Barb,
Its an advantage for me that my two boys are 17 and 19 and both are capable of doing our sidewalks and the neighbors. My boys actually had a good time today, working together. We only had about 4 inches but it was sunny most of the day and hovering around 30, its going to get down to 18 tonite..

Glad I have my two boys home

Barbara
12-05-2002, 07:21 PM
Tom.

I would call them "Personal Slaves"!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

You know, we have an elderly woman neighbor two doors away and it pains me to see her shoveling her own driveway when her son lives in town not more than a mile away.

Pete took care of it and I'm going to give that son a piece of my mind when I see him next.

Barbara /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

OnePocketChamp
12-05-2002, 07:51 PM
The weather here today was brutal, 50 degrees and as I mentioned that bright sunlight. Now, to your question about snow, first let me ask, "Is that the white stuff that seems to fall from the sky north of the Mason-Dixon line? I have seen it on TV and this Texan is glad the good Lord has decided not to pass that snow thing onto us. Something else I have no knowledge of is 1. snow tires 2. salted roads and 3. snowmen. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Tom_In_Cincy
12-05-2002, 08:17 PM
I got stuck in the DFW airport, for 3 days in a winter ice/snow storm in the 80s.. I was staying in the AmFac hote at the airport anyway.

rackmup
12-05-2002, 08:30 PM
Don't let OPC fool you. It snowed in Arlington last Christmas and stayed on the ground long enough to build a snowman.

And in regards to OPC not knowing anything about snowmen? Well, that is true. He doesn't know anything about snowMEN but he does have an inflatable snow-woman named 'Trixie' and the two of them are very close if you pay close attention to the videos he has made.

And it was 33 degrees here yesterday and with the windchill, a mere 23 degrees.

And if it does snow this year, I'm not building a snowman...I'll simply drive over and look at eg8r.

Regards,

Ken

Barbara
12-05-2002, 08:30 PM
Bitch!!!!

Sorry, but you have to know my tone of voice and how I said that.

Okay, You Bitch!!!

Barbara~~~~OPC is luckier than I'll probably know... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Chris Cass
12-05-2002, 08:47 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote rackmup:</font><hr>
And if it does snow this year, I'm not building a snowman...I'll simply drive over and look at eg8r.
Regards,

Ken <hr /></blockquote>

HAHHAHHAHA So Ken, I see you haven't gotten the $10. back yet. LOL

Best Regards,

C.C.~~LOL thinks eg8r framed it. LOL /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chris Cass
12-05-2002, 08:52 PM
Hi Barbara,

So, this is how you stay in such great shape? lol Your a good woman Barbara. Any wife that thinks about their hubby and goes to such torture and I know it was, is a keeper.

/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif,

C.C.~~get some Tiger Balm. It's great stuff that Heide and Voodoo both use.

9 Ball Girl
12-05-2002, 10:01 PM
The only good thing about the snow we got today was that they let us out of work at 2 PM. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif A bunch of us then walked on down to one of our favorite pubs to drink it up and shoot some bar pool!

TomBrooklyn
12-05-2002, 10:04 PM
Well I'm done shoveling. Once again, I have set an example for the block on how it should be done.

http://www.karaokeplayer.net/letitsnow.html
http://www.members.shaw.ca/christmastime/songs27.html

Oh, the weather outside is frightful,
But the fire is so delightful,
And since we've no place to go,
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.

It doesn't show signs of stopping,
And I brought some corn for popping;
The lights are turned way down low,

When we finally kiss good night,
How I'll hate going out in the storm;
But if you really hold me tight,
All the way home I'll be warm.

The fire is slowly dying,
And, my dear, we're still good-bye-ing,
But as long as you love me so.

Couldn't find the Bing Crosby version. Think I'll go download it on WinMx though.

OnePocketChamp
12-05-2002, 10:07 PM
Thanks, now the whole world knows about Trixie, we have tried to keep our relationship quiet for years. And I don't consider her a snow women, I prefer to see her as a plastic goddess.

Rod
12-06-2002, 02:27 AM
Well that depends on whose window your looking out of! LOL Sunny day and mild temperatures. About 10 pm it was 61 degrees. Barbara I do know a little about snow. Once in Colo Springs it snowed 34 inches in two days. It was late fall so the trees still had leaves. There was soooo much snow weight the limbs broke and fell on almost every street. They closed the town!! JK Take it easy, aren't you playing in a tournament this weekend? That is if you can move /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Rich R.
12-06-2002, 05:18 AM
Barbara, I feel your pain.
I don't know what the final count was, but we had one heck of a lot of snow here. I have a small snow blower, but the snow was over the top of it and it kept stalling out.
I did the shoveling thing for many years and it is no picnic and I don't think you can prepare for it.
Since you did all that hard work, I think the big guy owes you a massage. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
12-06-2002, 07:37 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr>
You know, we have an elderly woman neighbor two doors away and it pains me to see her shoveling her own driveway when her son lives in town not more than a mile away.

Pete took care of it and I'm going to give that son a piece of my mind when I see him next.

Barbara /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif <hr /></blockquote>

I hope she cuts that ingrate prick out of her will. Good for your husband for helping her. That's good karma too.

I went to mom's after work yesterday to shovel and there's my freakin' brother sittin' on the couch smoking a cig. He's like a 48 year-old child and it didn't even cross his mind to shovel the f***ing snow. As Jeanette Lee would say "Grrrr..." /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

And don't let OPC fool you. Every time DFW gets a dusting of snow or ice you can tune in CNN and watch what resembles a hockey game with cars and trucks.

Wally_in_Cincy
12-06-2002, 07:39 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nAz:</font><hr> Hey Barbara, i only got 4in. here.
<hr /></blockquote>

Sorry about your luck buddy /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hey somebody had to do it..

Kato
12-06-2002, 08:34 AM
It was 73 here last night. Sadly though the humidity was 100% though not raining. What is snow? It hasn't snowed in Ft. Lauderdale since 1974 or 75.

Kato~~~Barbara, if you wanna postpone it's ok. If you wanna play it's ok. I've got your pecans, life is good. Hurry up and get down here girl.

Perk
12-06-2002, 08:48 AM
hasnt been above freezing in a week...only 6 inches of snow is accumulated, but its white everyday....sounds like a good reason to be shooting pool, cause if its warm out, I got to be on the golf course... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Voodoo Daddy
12-06-2002, 08:56 AM
Oh the sun is shining, the birds are chirping and the pecans put me in a coma last night!! The NYC ladies runnin' around in sleeveless shirts, soaking up the sun, playing well and keeping me entertained and crackin' me up. More to come.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Barbara
12-06-2002, 09:02 AM
Know what?

I'm pretty okay today. My left elbow is a little sore, but my back is fine.

We're on, baby!!

Barbara /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato
12-06-2002, 09:06 AM
Well, if you must beat me into submission I will stand up like a man and take it. Somebody's gotta be the butt of all the jokes. Never know though. I may come out swingin' and suprise a few people.

Kato~~~not really fooling anyone.

Rich R.
12-06-2002, 09:19 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr> Never know though. I may come out swingin' and suprise a few people. <hr /></blockquote>
Kato, you don't have a chance. If Barbara doesn't beat you, Babs will kill you.

silverbullet
12-06-2002, 09:27 AM
well i sat in my hospital bed watching all that white stuff coming down. it just isnt fair. i so wanted to run my malamute in the snow!!!! boo hiss. and i just love driving my subaru in the snow....

i used to take my car to an empty parking lot and if it was covered with ice that was even way more fun and just gun it and make it spin and slide....'those were the days my friend'

'try anything once but dont get addicted to anything'

Laura

TomBrooklyn
12-06-2002, 09:50 AM
I like ice skating on a real lake at night in the moonlight. The lakes in Brooklyn don't freeze though. =TB

silverbullet
12-06-2002, 09:59 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote TomBrooklyn:</font><hr> I like ice skating on a real lake at night in the moonlight. The lakes in Brooklyn don't freeze though. =TB <hr /></blockquote>

WHEN I was a kid, there was this pond that froze on cold winters. I was about 12 when 4 of us walked to the pond. It was about march so my father was afraid it was about to thaw and said not to go out on it.Another girl's father said the same thing. So the two guys walked out and fell through the ice. They were really panicked. My friend laid down on the ice and she fell in too. I just stood there thinking it would do me no good to go out there and fall in too. LOL. It wasnt that deep so they got out.

I always wondered if i was being chicken or was I using my head? /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Laura

Perk
12-06-2002, 10:21 AM
If your sittin in the hospital bed thinking about that stuff,,,maybe you should take a note from Chris Cass, and start dreaming about the runouts!!! I am taking lessons in my sleep,,,hopin it works...:)

nAz
12-06-2002, 11:03 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote nAz:</font><hr> Hey Barbara, i only got 4in. here.
<hr /></blockquote>

Sorry about your luck buddy /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hey somebody had to do it.. <hr /></blockquote>

ARGHHhHHhhH$@#%$ %$@%# lol

Perk
12-06-2002, 11:04 AM
lmao@naz

guess it had to come from someone...lol

12-06-2002, 11:19 AM
Oh yeah, baby!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Babs~~~I'm coming out so you better get this party started!!

Barbara
12-06-2002, 11:42 AM
Hey Tom, thanks for posting the words! I never knew all the stanzas.

Barbara~~~likes that song a lot...

TomBrooklyn
12-06-2002, 12:12 PM
Your welcome. Everything is so easy to find now. I couldn't find the Bing Crosby version on a website but I have an .mp3 version and am listening to it now on the computer.

So I'm offering this simple phrase, From kids from one to ninety-two, Although it's been said, many times, many ways, Thanks and Merry Christmas to Al Gore for inventing the internet. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Stretch
12-06-2002, 12:38 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote TomBrooklyn:</font><hr> Well I'm done shoveling. Once again, I have set an example for the block on how it should be done.

Couldn't find the Bing Crosby version. Think I'll go download it on WinMx though.

Thought i'd just crank out a version of my own. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Oh, the wheather outside is scary,
relax, don't take a hairy,
Cause if you've got booze for your cup,
rack'em up, rack'em up, rack'em up.

It dosn't show signs of quiting,
your distracting the way your sitting,
since the powers out, and we already know
let it grow, let it grow, let it grow.

When we finally have our smoke,
how i'll hate to get dressed in the dark.
But if you want to work on your stroke,
Then everyone will know your a shark.

The fire is slowly shrinking,
and my balls, they're still, a-sinking.
But as long as there's moves, to show.
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow! St

Wally_in_Cincy
12-06-2002, 01:24 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Stretch:</font><hr>

<hr /></blockquote>

thanx for the visual. Ba ha ha ha ha ha ha !!!!!!!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wallace +~~wondering which is worse- Stretch's balls or Laura's gastrointestinal problems..........

Barbara
12-06-2002, 01:37 PM
Stretch, you're killing me!!

I'm printing this one out and showing it to Fran when I see her!!!

/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Barbara~~~trying so hard not to laugh out loud at work...

eg8r
12-06-2002, 07:35 PM
It snowed the day before my birthday in Miami. Oh what a day, it even took Carter off the front page of the newspapers. 1/19/77..My bday is the 20th.

eg8r

eg8r
12-06-2002, 07:38 PM
OUCH!!! What is that supposed to mean? Do you think I am going to run around in that mess. I am staying inside where it is warm and I can get rid of this cold.

eg8r

eg8r
12-06-2002, 07:39 PM
Nope he has not. I guess this sort of thing will continue until I let him win again. LOL

eg8r /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

eg8r
12-06-2002, 07:43 PM
Sorry to hear about all the snow (read: work). I am not real happy about the situation we have here in DFW. The temp has barely gotten out of the 60s for the past month and a half. I am used to the cold 70's we had in Florida. I think the only reason my wife is even thinking about enjoying her stay here in Texas is the chance for snow. The ladies she works with were laughing at her today because she was bummed out. It was cold enough to ice over her car but no snow anywhere. LOL

eg8r &lt;~~~My wife is only here in Tx because of the chance to see snow /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif jk'ing /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chris Cass
12-06-2002, 07:49 PM
Hi Stretch,

You are too funny. If I rip my stitches laughing I'm going to sue you. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA

Regards,

C.C.~~calling Dan for counciltation....LOL

Barbara
12-06-2002, 08:09 PM
Bitch, Bitch, and double Bitch!!! To analyze the tone of this post please refer to OPC's posts.

Okay, those anathemas were directed solely at you and not at your wife (who has never posted here and probably wears a fur coat when it gets below 60 degrees, as all Texas women do).

But!! I will be in Miami tomorrow and wearing sandals in the December month!!! HA! One small step for my tootsies, one giant leap for the OPI nail color!!!

Right now I'm watching Christopher Lloyd as a Klingon Commander when I can only remember him as a burnt out taxi driver in the sit-com, Taxi. "Uhhhhhhhhhh, Uhhhhhhhhhh." I think Kirk's got it all over him....

Barbara~~~loved Taxi.....
/ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

eg8r
12-06-2002, 08:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
not at your wife (who has never posted here and probably wears a fur coat when it gets below 60 degrees, as all Texas women do).<hr /></blockquote>I will have you know, my wife cringes at being called a Texas woman. There is nothing she would like worse than to be referred as a Texas woman. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif She goes by Floridian at work. LOL

Enjoy Fl. we will be back home on the 20th.

eg8r

wolfdancer
12-06-2002, 08:56 PM
but, my dear, it's so delightful.....
Barbara, what is snow???? ain't never seen any here in the bay area.. but, i'll be visiting back home,WNY, for the holidays, and up to my .. in snow, and probably freezing my .... off, jack

Harold Acosta
12-06-2002, 11:08 PM
Barbara, you and hubby should pick up your traveling cases (including your cues) and come down to sunny Puerto Rico!

Bring lots of cash!

Note: I feel for ya'...snow can be a real Bitch! I know, been there, done that!

[b]<font color="blue">Billiard is a passionate sport for the mind and soul!</font color>
http://www.thebilliardstour.com/images/starscrash.gif

Chris Cass
12-06-2002, 11:20 PM
Hi Harold,

Is it expensive to live there in Puerto Rico? I know it's beautiful. I remember seeing pictures.

Regards,

C.C.~~curious

Tom_In_Cincy
12-06-2002, 11:25 PM
Chris,
I visited PR in the 80s.. if you like bananas and rum...you can live real cheap..

Chris Cass
12-06-2002, 11:37 PM
Hi Tom,

I do like Banannas and remember drinking a shot of that 151, getting off the stool and falling down. My legs seem to be effected by that stuff. LOL

Regards,

C.C.

Harold Acosta
12-07-2002, 12:01 AM
Well, it all depends. Housing is affordable, cars are expensive. Gas prices similar to the US since we have some refineries in PR. Perishables are similar to US, and clothing. Hotels are truly expensive, your best bet is to stay in Guest Houses or Paradors.

Overall, it could be about average; however, from a Government stand point, Federal employees in Puerto Rico are paid a 10 percent Cost of Living Allowance (COLA) which means that prices are about 10 percent higher than the Washington, DC area.

[b]<font color="blue">Billiard is a passionate sport for the mind and soul!</font color>

Harold Acosta
12-07-2002, 12:05 AM
Tom, you forgot to mention the pineapples and coconuts! LOL!

silverbullet
12-07-2002, 07:54 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Stretch:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote TomBrooklyn:</font><hr> Well I'm done shoveling. Once again, I have set an example for the block on how it should be done.

Thought i'd just crank out a version of my own. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Oh, the wheather outside is scary,
relax, don't take a hairy,
Cause if you've got booze for your cup,
rack'em up, rack'em up, rack'em up.

It dosn't show signs of quiting,
your distracting the way your sitting,
since the powers out, and we already know
let it grow, let it grow, let it grow.

When we finally have our smoke,
how i'll hate to get dressed in the dark.
But if you want to work on your stroke,
Then everyone will know your a shark.

But as long as there's moves, to show.
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow! St

<hr /></blockquote>

I very much liked Tom's poem and stretch's variation. I like to write poetry but cannot write it rhymed as you do.

As for the snow and ice, when I was young, my dad could not wait to get out and drive in the snow. The first few times I drove in it, I was petrified and once I ran into a ditch. Once I did a 360 to keep from hitting another car. Over time, i learned to drive in it and found that i liked it. I guess I had a little of my father in me.

Last year, I lived in the sticks. It really had not snowed very much. I drove into Roanoke, va to go to wallmart. Roanoke was the biggest city in that area, if you can believe that. When I got back to the road that connects to the road I was living on, it was a solid sheet of ice. This meant driving on a 12 mile stretch of a curvy road which was covered with ice the whole way. I was driving my small awd subaru and passing many in ditches including 4 wheel drives. I have found that people who buy 4 wheel drives often whink that will save them and they drive too fast in inclement weather. This is one time that driving on ice was not fun but I thanked my lucky stars that I arrived home safely. Sometimes driving in snow is fun for me, but this was not one of those times.

Laura

Tom_In_Cincy
12-07-2002, 10:04 AM
Harold,
Yes I did forget the pineapples and coconuts. I remember that Pineapples and Rum.. mixed very good together.. But, I also remember that there wasn't many pool tables anywhere.. even in the casinos..

btw, I remember how nice and warm it always was. And how friendly the people there are.

Harold Acosta
12-07-2002, 10:13 AM
That has changed quite a bit right now. There are pool tables everywhere, just need to know the places.

You wont find them in fancy bars because owners believes this just bring troubles to the patrons.

Wally_in_Cincy
12-07-2002, 10:32 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr>

Right now I'm watching Christopher Lloyd as a Klingon Commander when I can only remember him as a burnt out taxi driver in the sit-com, Taxi. "Uhhhhhhhhhh, Uhhhhhhhhhh."

Barbara~~~loved Taxi.....
/ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Jim was taking his driver's liscense test. Alex was off to the side helping him.

Jim: "What does a yellow light mean?"

Alex: "Slow down"

Jim: "What..does...a...yellow...light...mean?"

Alex: "Slow down"

Jim: "What........does.........a........yellow.......lig ht.......mean?"

I had just puffed a hooter and I thought I was going to die laughing.

Every time somebody writes a goodbye letter to the CCB and states why they hate this board and how they'll never be back I like to quote Louie: "You'll be back. They all come back". /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rich R.
12-07-2002, 11:35 AM
Wally, I agree totally.
I have seen that show at least a dozen times. I still laugh until my eyes water and my sides hurt. Just too funny.

Stretch
12-08-2002, 01:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
<hr /></blockquote>
Hello Laura:

Poetry does not have to ryme all the time.
Verse is a curse when one form is the norm.
So pick what you know just for you to review,
It's a form of expression, that's constantly new.

The rythem and ryme, is an optional thing.
But i like it because anything else sounds more like a story and heck that's so friggin boring but story's are ok too if yer into that do you write story's? I write story's they're insane but i like em sorry got to go need more coffee. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif St

Fred Agnir
12-09-2002, 09:29 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> nAz, just wait for the slush to freeze tonight. And I think that the worst was south of you - or until Fred Agnir lets us know how bad it was up in MA.<hr /></blockquote>
The worst was south of MA. I got maybe 4-5 inches, while the rest of MA got nothing (I'm higher in elevation). I thought for sure the fact that I got a new snowblower this year (with 9 big horses) would guarantee no snow would ever fall on my property again. Wrong. She's had quite a workout already.

Fred

CarolNYC
12-11-2002, 03:58 AM
Oh my goodness Barb,
Im still wearing my coat,ha ha ha-its going to take me a few more days to get adjusted-last evening ,Kiana (she plays flute) had a holiday concert(3 hours) and I sat there wearing my down coat-people were looking at me like I was CRAZY!ha ha ha ha and hey, did you hear the rainfall in Miami? I cant!
Carol~the skies cried because we left!:)

CarolNYC
12-11-2002, 04:04 AM
Ha Ha HA hA,
Steve,
Wasnt it such a beautiful 80 degree week we had? Lets see which tank top should I have worn today? ha ha ha
love ya,
Carol~boy,rubbing it in!

silverbullet
12-11-2002, 07:41 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fred Agnir:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> nAz, just wait for the slush to freeze tonight. And I think that the worst was south of you - or until Fred Agnir lets us know how bad it was up in MA.<hr /></blockquote>
The worst was south of MA. I got maybe 4-5 inches, while the rest of MA got nothing (I'm higher in elevation). I thought for sure the fact that I got a new snowblower this year (with 9 big horses) would guarantee no snow would ever fall on my property again. Wrong. She's had quite a workout already.

Fred <hr /></blockquote>

It iced here last night. The good thing is that my school system is closed. This was to be my last day of recuperation before returning to work, so that is good because I don't get docked. Also get to practice pool for league tomorrow.

blu

silverbullet
12-12-2002, 02:45 AM
Barbara,

just noticed you are from pa, 2 hours from me. i thought you are from md.

btw, another freezy slushy night in our nation's capital last night. suppost to be near 32 in early am and warm up later. i heard you say why is snow such a biggie in pa, you should see dc, what a bunch of dopes. i came from western va where it was nothing to drive on this stuff and i drove on windy roads on solid ice in my subaru, but then i guess i am used to the stuff.

anyway people here are such idiots. i told my boss that if there was ice in dc but my school system was open,(fauquier county, Va) i could not get to work til 11 at least because there will be wrecks on the beltway...one teeny little wreck and nothing moves for 4 hours....well unless i leave at 5....

hope i get out of school again LOL

blu