PDA

View Full Version : Carol Clark vs Sarah Rousey

Kato
12-06-2002, 11:26 AM
To play Janette Lee!!!!!!!! Go Carol go.

Kato~~~~gotta call Voodoo to get the update. Also saw Fran won a couple before moving to the other side of the bracket. Hopefully she keeps playing well. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Barbara
12-06-2002, 11:33 AM
Yeah yeah yeah!!!

Carol had a squeaker with Angel Paglia. Lost to her on the hill. Why don't you just call up Voodoo and ask to speak to Carol??!! It's hilarious!!! I've done this about twice now. Gonna do it again tonight, too!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Barbara

nAz
12-06-2002, 11:38 AM
Carol had a good showing cool!!
she must be so excited, Barbara sya hello to her for me /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Kato
12-06-2002, 11:48 AM
Barbara, I'm calling tonight before I go out. I did talk to Carol and Fran briefly the other day. Apparently Voodoo has his hands full. This is gonna be a terrific get together Saturday night. Hopefully our 2 girls are still in it.

Kato~~~All right, all right, I'll call already!!!!!!! I got your message a little late. Is Carol wandering around with Voodoo's cell or something?

Barbara
12-06-2002, 11:52 AM
Kato,

It's hilarious! Carol's cell is sometimes off and I get voice amil. So I call Voodoo and when he answers I ask to speak to Carol and she's always there! Then Carol and I laugh our heads off for a couple minutes while Voodoo realizes he's become Carol's answering service!! This is just too funny!!

Barbara~~~having waaaaay too much fun with Voodoo /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato
12-06-2002, 12:01 PM
That's too darned funny. I'll call when I go to lunch. Any idea when Carol and Fran are playing? Also, can you PM me Carol's # (call her first to get Ok).

Kato

Voodoo Daddy
12-07-2002, 12:46 AM
I'm being held caotive by these two...Carol's on her phone so Barbara calls me?...geez. Carol did have a good first showing, she made Angela sweat some and Rousey played very well. Fran played solid 9-ball...winning two in a row in pro fashion. The match against Sarah Ellerby was mostly Sarah running out. Fran showed her seasoning at 8-0 {I told you Sarah ran out alot} and put her on 3 fouls, classic. Then she played Nicole Mancini...she got some good rolls and put Fran out of the tournament. These two NYC girls reek of class and I feel honored to hang with them. "WE" also recived many calls from CCB'ers, checking on my health and well being...knowing the I'm outnumbered. Besides Barbara...Eric, Rich R., Chris Cass and Holly called. I recieved several calls from the Florida Board of Mental Health {I called there 24 hour help hotline} just following up on my progress...HAHAHAHAHA!!

Scott Lee
12-07-2002, 01:58 AM
Nothing against Carol...but since nobody is cheering for Sarah Rousey, I'll go in her corner! Go Sarah Go!!! She is also an excellent young player coming into her own!

Scott Lee

Popcorn
12-07-2002, 02:57 AM
Where is this being played?

Chris Cass
12-07-2002, 03:31 AM
Hi Scott,

Sara shoots with a Cog. I know her also but was also in Carols corner. Then again, I'm always in Carols corner. LOL I think Carol did great her first time out in a pro event. She put up a great battle and did extremely well. I'm so proud of her and happy for her as well.

Regards,

C.C.~~believes Carol is a champion waiting to happen. wish I was there to cheer on Carol and Fran.

Rich R.
12-07-2002, 06:35 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Scott Lee:</font><hr> Nothing against Carol...but since nobody is cheering for Sarah Rousey, I'll go in her corner! Go Sarah Go!!! She is also an excellent young player coming into her own!

Scott Lee <hr /></blockquote>
Through the kindness of Voodoo, and his phone, I got to talk to Carol, yesterday afternoon. She was really flying high, getting into her first pro event. Carol said that she was fortunate to get a couple games on Sarah Rousey. To use Carol's words, "she played like God."
I have had the pleasure of seeing Sarah play a number of times. She is a great young player and improves every time I see her. Give this girl some time, I believe she is still in her teens. She is going to give them all a run for their money.
Congratulations to Carol. She got into this tournament, unexpectedly, at the last minute and she played well. Going hill-hill with Angel P. is not too shabby. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif
When Carol's feet touch the ground again, I hope she tells us all the details.

silverbullet
12-07-2002, 08:07 AM
Obviously, I am way far from the pro circuit. Is this ccb fran and carol? If so, I am impressed!!!

Does this mean carol is a pro now?

Laura

Rich R.
12-07-2002, 08:56 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote silverbullet:</font><hr> Obviously, I am way far from the pro circuit. Is this ccb fran and carol? If so, I am impressed!!!

Laura <hr /></blockquote>
This is Fran, formerly of the CCB, and Carol, currently on the CCB.
Fran is a pro player and instructor and has been for quite a few years.
Carol is a semi-pro. Many semi-pro players get to play in pro events. If they finish high enough, they earn a pro point. When they get enough pro points, they are considered a pro. Carol, and many others, are trying very hard to become pro players. The competition is fierce.
Both of these fine ladies have accomplished much.
You should be impressed.

silverbullet
12-07-2002, 10:21 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote silverbullet:</font><hr> Obviously, I am way far from the pro circuit. Is this ccb fran and carol? If so, I am impressed!!!

This is Fran, formerly of the CCB, and Carol, currently on the CCB.
Fran is a pro player and instructor and has been for quite a few years.
Carol is a semi-pro. Many semi-pro players get to play in pro events. If they finish high enough, they earn a pro point. When they get enough pro points, they are considered a pro. Carol, and many others, are trying very hard to become pro players. The competition is fierce.
Both of these fine ladies have accomplished much.
You should be impressed. <hr /></blockquote>

I am.

Laura

Chris Cass
12-07-2002, 11:03 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote silverbullet:</font><hr>

Not, yet but I'm willing to say real soon. Carol has what it takes and because of this tourney she also knows what it takes. Time, it's all a matter of time.

C.C.~~go Carol, go Carol, it's your birthday, it's your birthday. doesn't do the cabbage patch but does do a mean spin on my head and break dances on carpet. I'm tough. hahahaha

Scott Lee
12-07-2002, 11:21 AM
CC...I worked with Sarah three times, when she attended the BCA Summer Youth Cue Camp, in WI. This was when she first got serious about pool, between the ages of 10-12. I was first introduced to Cognoscenti cues through her dad, Larry! I had known Joe Gold 20 years earlier, and had NO idea he was making cues...especially exotic cues. That's when I went to his shop for the first time, expecting to spend 20 minutes renewing a friendship, and stayed 8 HOURS!
LOL! I take it from the posts, that Sarah won the match?

Scott

Wally_in_Cincy
12-07-2002, 11:51 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr>
Congratulations to Carol. She got into this tournament, unexpectedly, at the last minute and she played well.<hr /></blockquote>

Yeah looks like she played very well.

So how did she get in? Did the original qualifier back out? Which qualifying tournament was it? thanx.

Rich R.
12-07-2002, 03:21 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> So how did she get in? Did the original qualifier back out? Which qualifying tournament was it? thanx. <hr /></blockquote>
Sorry Wally, I don't have any of the details. Hopefully, Carol will fill us in when she gets home.

CarolNYC
12-09-2002, 04:40 AM
Hey Wally and Rich,
This was the National Championship-what happens is-there is a waiting list-if someone cannot show up at the players meeting, the calls start going down the waiting list-apparently due to Mother nature-,many could not get out of their airports-you must be a semi-pro to be considered to play in a pro-event and your dues must have been paid-which I ALWAYS pay-thats how its done-I was at the right spot at the right time and thats about all there is to that!

Hope I answered the question!
Carol

CarolNYC
12-09-2002, 04:48 AM
Hi Scott,
Well you did a good job, but may I offer one advice? The thrill of victory is a great feeling, but the agony of defeat is sad-of course we will be sad when we lose, but there are some things in life that are more worth grieving about than losing a pool game and to me, that is the loss,sickness,etc. of a loved one-not a pool game!
You did a good job though-it seems she lost to Jeanette 9-6-which is strong!
Stay well!
Carol:)

silverbullet
12-09-2002, 09:47 AM
Now that I know how a semi-pro gets into a pro event, how does a person get to be a semi-pro? All full of questions here.

blu

Ken
12-09-2002, 04:40 PM
There are a lot of answers at the WPBA website:

http://www.wpba.com/about/player_memb.htm#semi

CarolNYC
12-10-2002, 05:05 AM
Hey Wally,
I was honored,blessed to be able to participate in this event-I was comfortable and humble-only good emotions!
Carol~:):):):):):)

Gayle in MD
12-10-2002, 07:04 AM
Hey Chris, how ya doing? Time, is what I don't have! LOL. How I wish I had began shooting earlier in life! And as for Carol, and Fran, GO GO GO GALS! Exciting hearing about their successes!
Gayle in Md....needs a mentor desperately!!! Eyes going fast!

Gayle in MD
12-10-2002, 07:09 AM
Hey Carol, you are so right, and congratulations! Not only on your great playing, but congratulations on just being you, and having such a nice way about you. Meeting you was like running into an old friend I hadn't seen in a long time. Someday, I'll be pointing at you, telling someone, "See that pro over there, I had dinner with her once!"
Love
Gayle in Md. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

CarolNYC
12-10-2002, 11:45 AM
Hey Gayle,
Are you kidding me or what? Had dinner,ha ha ha ha-you better get ready cause Im still planning on spending the night and going fishing with you and Jim-Fuhggedabouddit!
love ya,
Carol

Chris Cass
12-10-2002, 01:59 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> Time, is what I don't have! LOL. How I wish I had began shooting earlier in life!
Gayle in Md....needs a mentor desperately!!! Eyes going fast! <hr /></blockquote>

Hi Gayle,

Oh, I don't know about that. I think you can do it in a short time with the equipment you already have is a plus. I'm not doing anything for the next 6 mths if you'd like? I'd be willing to help. Do you have a camcorder and a VCR?

Scott can check in when he passes by once in awhile. I think your a step up on the game with your attitude already. The eyes? That's not a problem that can't be fixed either. You have to have some time to put in though. I wished I lived closer but I see no problem making to a "B" status with hard work and desire with Scotts over sight.

JAT,

C.C.~~feeling like a champion without a cue.

SPetty
12-10-2002, 04:51 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> The eyes? That's not a problem that can't be fixed either. <hr /></blockquote>Hi Chris,

That's not always true. Due to "mixed astigmatism", I'm not a candidate for laser, and the big soft contact is so thick and clumsy it's distracting, not to mention real difficult to put in and take out. Glasses end up getting scratched and they cause glare and they're hard to get up high enough that they're not distracting.

I've taken to playing without my glasses except for the long table shots on the six or eight where I need to see the edge of the ball more clearly.

Hmm... think that's why I can't pot a ball? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Chris Cass
12-10-2002, 10:50 PM
Hi SPetty,

Well, I guess your right. Still, I don't think Spidey will let you go in the calcutta.

Regards,

C.C.~~ /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif