PDA

View Full Version : Info request on DCC Tournament

Popcorn
12-06-2002, 11:52 AM
I have been reading about the Derby City tournament here. I get an underling theme that there is a lot of action, am I correct? Is this on site or at some surrounding rooms? If on site are tables available for play around the clock. Also If you are gambling are there table charges? In the past it was not unusual to pay $20 an hour or more if you were matched and they also charged spectators to watch. I always had a little problem with that, paying to play and having people pay to watch you play. But either way, If it can be told how has it been run in the past? Sounds a little like shades of Johnston City, I think I would like to go. Someone may PM me if they don't want to write it on the forum. I am a little uncomfortable just asking.

Tom_In_Cincy
12-06-2002, 08:51 PM
The 9 foot diamonds tables are available from only midnite till noon. There is a charge.. but I forgot what it is.

Noon til midnite is the tournament time.

There are other diamond 'smart' tables (coin op) upstairs.

Yes.. there is lots of action.. 24x7 for 10 days.

Greg/Diamond
12-08-2002, 09:26 PM
Popcorn,

We do have 24 9ft. tables downstairs and 19 7fts. upstairs. We allow open play when tables are not used in the tournaments. The charge for table use is $5 for 1/2 hour on our 9fts and $1 per game on our 7fts. In Johnson City table time was $5 per hour per player......Most of the open table action is at night however if tables are not needed for the main tournaments we're trying to keep certain tables open for action. We don't charge admissions at night to watch people matching up. Also I don't want anyone to feel uneasy asking any questions as I'm perfectly comfortable with the way the tournament is being run!.....thanks,,,Greg/Diamond