PDA

View Full Version : Who Does Not Have Sweaty Hands?

Sid_Vicious
12-06-2002, 01:01 PM
I am fortunate in that I need no powder or aids due to sweaty hands. Is this the norm ya think, or is powder and sweaty hands more prevailant?

"YES" for sweaty hands more the norm

"NO" for not

Sid

=k=
12-06-2002, 01:30 PM
no, maybe because low humitity here!

Mike H
12-06-2002, 01:33 PM
Kinda. My bridge hand is bone dry. The other one is Niagara Falls.

12-06-2002, 02:52 PM
How about "sometimes"? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif
If my hands start getting gummy, I'll head to the facilities and wash up. I do keep a towel on hand, but I don't like to use powder unless I have to.

Eric.
12-06-2002, 03:14 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Sid_Vicious:</font><hr> I am fortunate in that I need no powder or aids due to sweaty hands. Is this the norm ya think, or is powder and sweaty hands more prevailant?

"YES" for sweaty hands more the norm

"NO" for not

Sid <hr /></blockquote>

I'm guessing sweaty hands are the norm i.e. the number of "quick fixes", powders, gloves, etc

Eric &gt;sweating my own matches

Kato
12-06-2002, 03:38 PM
No problems here. Why do you ask?

Kato~~~typing Cassman style while eating Barbara's pecans

Chris Cass
12-06-2002, 03:51 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr>
Kato~~~typing Cassman style while eating Barbara's pecans <hr /></blockquote>

Snitch....

C.C.~~ /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

eg8r
12-06-2002, 04:00 PM
No sweaty hands here.

eg8r

Rod
12-06-2002, 04:02 PM
No problem here.

phil in sofla
12-07-2002, 12:04 AM
Personally, my hands are almost always dry.

Based on what I see, I think that's the norm. I don't see many gloves at all, and very little powder users.

Unless people are just suffering with the problem, and not doing anything about it.

stickman
12-07-2002, 12:42 AM
I'm fortunate too. When I first started playing seriously again, I had trouble with my bridge hand sweating and getting sticky. It really bothered me and I wore a glove for a while. I almost never have a problem with it now. I don't use a glove or powder. On the very rare occasion that my bridge hand feels sticky, I just go to the bathroom and wash it.

Scott Lee
12-07-2002, 02:12 AM
No...NEVER sweaty, but I do keep a glove to use occasionally if I am performing somewhere it is very hot and humid, just to take the edge off.

Scott Lee

Chris Cass
12-07-2002, 02:30 AM
This doesn't surprize me one bit. I think your a robot. You need to miss once in awhile, to prove to me your human. LOL

Regards,

C.C.~~likes Scott tons.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

silverbullet
12-07-2002, 08:11 AM
my hand is sweaty. that is why i use a glove. does experience and confidence help this?

Laura

Sid_Vicious
12-07-2002, 09:25 AM
I got to thinking over the "pool life" I've led and remembered a time that I could not get settled in a session unless I had hand powder or a cone in sight. Then, for some reason after I got lots more serious about the game, my hands quit being sticky. I continually see groups come into the PH and ask for the powder($1 a packet now) and I considered whether powder could possibly be a placebo for some people or if I'd naturally changed myself over the years for some reason. Jus' wonderin'...sid~~~owns 2 gloves now
gathering cobwebs,,,how'd that happen like that?

rackmup
12-07-2002, 10:02 AM
I'm 'fortunate'. Back when I was a CIA Operative, as a matter of routine, we had to have all of our fingerprints removed as well as our sweat glands.

The obvious reasons for the 'epidermal marking removal' surgery was to prevent identification if we were captured. Dogs can detect perspiration so there went our sweat glands.

There were many sacrifices made at the expense of our own bodies for the safety and protection of the freedoms we as Americans enjoy today. I am glad that I could do what was needed so that each of you could sleep soundly at night.

Another by-product of my service to my fellow Americans is a permanently closed 'bridge hand' and a fused wrist. This was needed to allow me to climb from building-to-building on a tether rope without risking a fall. It now serves me as a steady, solid bridge for playing pool.

I also had (in my later years) a laser beam installed directly behind my dominant eye for purposes of eagle-like vision. This too, has served me well in my retirement years.

In consideration of my imminent retirement from active duty someday, the body parts and features that I had removed were transplanted to other areas of my body so they could eventually be returned to their original locations so that I might enjoy a 'normal' retirement.

My fingerprints were relocated to my buttocks and my sweat glands were transplanted into the rear portion of my tongue. The only non-reversible procedure was the hand surgery and wrist fusion. The laser beam was relocated to a more...well, let's just say, a 'private region' of my body.

As luck would have it, the Agency switched health-care providers and upon my retirement, my 'condition' was looked upon as a 'pre-existing condition' and they would not pay for the surgery reversals.

Now, when nervous, I salivate like crazy and my butt leaves odd-looking impressions on any hard seating surface. The laser beam? Well, let's just say that when awakened at night to do 'my business', I never miss the toilet and the accuracy is so precise, I don't even need to lift the seat.

What was the original question? Oh yes. No, my hands don't sweat.

Regards,

Ken (Operative Code Name: 'Ken')

Scott Lee
12-08-2002, 11:03 PM
Laura...It certainl CAN, but it depends on whether the problem is physiological or psychological. Experience and confidence probably won't have much effect on a physiological problem. Do your hands sweat at other times
than just playing pool?

Scott

Scott Lee
12-08-2002, 11:05 PM
Chris...LOL! I miss ALL the time...can't make a ball! I only am able to play JUST good enough...to WIN (once in awhile, anyway!). Hope things are okay around your house!
Keep in touch!

Scott

dave
12-09-2002, 01:00 PM
I don't have a problem with sweaty hands but I used to when I was a beginner and intermediate player. Mysteriously, the sweaty hand syndrome disappeared when I learned how to keep my shaft clean and permanently gave up the use of powder. Go figure! It makes you wonder whether the problem is truly sweaty hands or a gritty shaft resulting from the use of that powder.

snipershot
12-29-2002, 04:35 AM
NO, i have poor circulation so i never get sweaty hands reguardless of how long i play for.