PDA

View Full Version : Need help on Cue tips for Jump Cues

Harold Acosta
12-06-2002, 05:31 PM
I replaced the cue tip on a jump cue with a Triangle Chrome. Big mistake. Cannot get the cue to jump as it used to.

What do you people suggest I replace this tip with?

Any response will be greatly appreciated.

[b]<font color="blue">Billiard is a passionate sport for the mind and soul!</font color>
http://www.thebilliardstour.com/images/starscrash.gif

rackmup
12-06-2002, 07:22 PM
The one and only jump cue tip approved and endorsed by the "Jump King" (me! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif)...

...The Bunjee Jump Cue Tip!

No guessing. Just jump!

Regards,

Ken

eg8r
12-06-2002, 07:25 PM
I second this. I have not used any other tip, but I do know the bunjee tip does a fine job.

eg8r

Harold Acosta
12-06-2002, 09:26 PM
The MSP for this tip at the Instroke site is $20.00.

Anyone out there with a better price?

[b]<font color="blue">Billiard is a passionate sport for the mind and soul!</font color>
http://www.thebilliardstour.com/images/starscrash.gif

eg8r
12-06-2002, 10:15 PM
I would check with Hawleys. They usually have a pretty good price.

eg8r

Popcorn
12-07-2002, 12:34 AM
I bought some off ebay, they were three for $9.99, at least that was my winning bid. They are amazing. They are always on there. I put on one and gave the other two to friends. They are as good as the bungee if not better. I don't think it is so much they are cheaper, as it is the bungees are just a rip off. I think if you just write in jump cue you should find them.

Sid_Vicious
12-07-2002, 10:55 AM
Harold...How ya doin' guy? Funny you are seeking a jump tip, I've been studying these thinking about getting a bakelite tip like comes on the Lucasi hopper. I'll never be sure until I try one on another jumper, but this material sure seems to grab and jump very well on the Lucasi, with or without much surface attention(chalk or scuff.) The kicker is that these tips are the same cost through Hawley's as the Instroke Bungee tips, $20, OUCH! I'm personally disappointed that the on-line world asks retail...Hawleys has always been more competitive than that in the past.

If I were going to get either one for the twenty bucks, I'd have try the Bakelite. Side by side, I believe the stock Lucasi cue beats the stock Bungee cue aas far as ease of jumping...sid