PDA

View Full Version : Who is Hal Houle?

silverbullet
12-06-2002, 05:49 PM
This person has sent me two emails now claiming to have this 'superior' aiming system.

Who is this guy?

Laura

12-06-2002, 06:06 PM
don't know him personally but, from his writings here and reports, he is a very, very nice older man who is very experienced at pool and simply wants to helppeople shoot better. he got some flack here and there are believers and non-believers alike but i have never-ever heard about him trying to get money from anyone or behaving as anything other than a helpful gentleman. usually, he asks that the student call them while they are actually at the pool table.

dan

Chris Cass
12-06-2002, 06:06 PM
BW,

He is an old gentleman that has a different way to look at aiming. He's harmless and willing to help others over the phone, if you'd like. I gather he wants to help you.

For the cost of the long distance call, he might have something that might help in your quest with cuts and banks. He can be brash to some and others like him. I believe he's in his 70's and the systems that he talks about are proven. W.W. might find them interesting also.

If your not interested, email him back and he'll leave you be.

Regards,

C.C.

stickman
12-06-2002, 06:19 PM
Hal is a very nice older gentleman. He has several aiming systems that he is willing to share with anyone who is willing to just give him a call. Talking to him is enjoyable. Some people find his aiming systems to be quite helpful, while others feel that they are of no value. I think this is part of the reason he resists posting his systems, it often results in a lot of controversy. He gives his knowledge away and has to put up with a lot of guff from the naysayers. Only you can decide if his ideas are helpful to you or not, but at least the price is right.

stickman
12-06-2002, 06:25 PM
CC, you and Dan type faster than me. LOL When I began to answer, there were no replies. When I get done, there are two. It looks like we all three have the same general impression though. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chris Cass
12-06-2002, 07:39 PM
Hi Jim,

I also seen no replies and only type with both index fingers. So basically, you must really suck at typing. HAHAHAHA Remember, I'm sick and can't run too fast. LOL

Your Friend,

C.C.~~having a good time and Kato can eat and type faster than me, so he says. LMAO /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif My new name is "Speedy Gonzolas"...

Barbara
12-06-2002, 07:59 PM
Didn't he move to the Philly area? I thought he said he was coming east to my area and I was kinda hoping to hook up with him.

Barbara~~~leaving on a jet plane soon.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

TomBrooklyn
12-06-2002, 08:06 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote silverbullet:</font><hr> Who is this guy?<hr /></blockquote> The question is not Who Is Hal Houle? The question is Where Is Hal Houle?

<font color="orange">Ask not who is Hal Houle, ask Hal Houle how to aim. </font color>

TommyT
12-06-2002, 09:50 PM
It's worth the phone call. His info on backhand english has helped me a lot. His aiming system works but for those of us who have countless hours on the table, the instinctive way of aiming is a hard habit to break.
TommyT

Troy
12-06-2002, 11:26 PM
Mr. Hal Houle (rhymes with Pool) is a kindly 80 year old curmudgeon. He lives in the San Francisco Bay area of California. There were plans for he and his wife to move to the Philly area but those have been put on hold.

Hal is always willing to share his systems and to the best of my knowledge has never charged one cent. While he can be a bit pushy, I find that trait simply part of his personality.

Hal has numerous aiming systems and they all work. Watching him send an object ball almost anywhere on the table he wants still amazes me. The most difficult thing is to learn to trust his teachings. I have been fortunate enough to spend time with Hal both on and off a pool table. He has a million stories compiled from over 60 years around pool tables and pool rooms.

Troy...~~~ Happy to call Hal Houle a friend..... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ryan
12-07-2002, 02:27 PM
If you have a pool table at your disposal and at least an hour that you are willing to dedicate to listening and learning, the call to Hal is worth every penny.

Aside from gaining new insight into aiming, he has some excellent stories to share.

#### leonard
12-07-2002, 05:19 PM
Chris he traveled with the Great Ralph Greenleaf in the last 6 years of his life. From 1944 to 50 when he died. My mentor Joe Canton was to play Ralph a match in Philly when he died. I remember reading his death notice in the local paper. They had ran an article on Canton playing him so it became a more important news story.####

silverbullet
12-07-2002, 06:57 PM
Thanks a lot for everbody's insight. i just wanted to know if he was on the up and up before I called him.

Laura

12-08-2002, 09:17 AM
If you don't mind, give him my email address kgouso@cox.net
I would like to hear his system...Or if you know where it is written down.. let me know so I can read it...

For all I care, if some one has a system that works... They can yell at me while makeing me a better player...

Troy
12-08-2002, 11:03 AM
You can send Hal e-mail at halhoule1@webtv.net

Troy
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Richard Cranium:</font><hr> If you don't mind, give him my email address kgouso@cox.net
I would like to hear his system...Or if you know where it is written down.. let me know so I can read it...

For all I care, if some one has a system that works... They can yell at me while makeing me a better player... <hr /></blockquote>

silverbullet
12-08-2002, 11:19 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Richard Cranium:</font><hr> If you don't mind, give him my email address kgouso@cox.net

For all I care, if some one has a system that works... They can yell at me while makeing me a better player... <hr /></blockquote>

His email is halhoule@aol.com , his phone number is
510 581 3010 . He lives in California.I think you should write to him or call him if you are interested, so I wont forget. The way I understand it is you have to be able to talk to him while at your pool table. We are trying to find our cell thingie that allows you to be handless so I can call him.

WW is wondering why he wrote me and not him. Maybe cuz he knows I am a beginner, dont know. I am still a little under the weather, so dont know if I can stand at the table for that long, so might have to wait a day or two, but I am excited in calling him. He says he doesnt use the contact system or the ghost ball theory. I dont use those either so want to find out if he has a better way to do it than me.

Laura