PDA

View Full Version : Sardo Racks at Ebay

Harold Acosta
12-07-2002, 10:31 PM
There selling at $109.00 each, dutch auction, 50 racks available, 35 bidders so far, 38 minutes left.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1974650791&category=12 92

Cueless Joey
12-07-2002, 11:44 PM
35 sukkers. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

TomBrooklyn
12-08-2002, 12:56 AM
Someone who must not be familiar with that automatic raise your bid to a specified maximum thing bid $125.00 outright when she could have got one for 109.00. Whats the regular retail on those things anyway?
=Tom

MikeM
12-08-2002, 09:32 AM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Troy
12-08-2002, 10:57 AM
Cute Mike... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif
At least I'm NOT one of the suckers signing up to buy.

Troy...~~~ Has said enough about the Sardine Gizmo

Cueless Joey
12-08-2002, 11:15 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Troy:</font><hr> Cute Mike... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif
At least I'm NOT one of the suckers signing up to buy.

Troy...~~~ Has said enough about the Sardine Gizmo <hr /></blockquote>
If the seller threw in a couple of screw on tips, he might have sold more. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Harold Acosta
12-08-2002, 11:23 AM
According to the same auction, the gizmo retails for $169.90; therefore, dealer price should be around $85.00

[b]<font color="blue">Billiard is a passionate sport for the mind and soul!</font color>
http://www.thebilliardstour.com/images/starscrash.gif

Scott Lee
12-08-2002, 12:10 PM
Harold...The Sardo folks had several dozen at the L.A. Billiard Expo a year ago! They couldn't GIVE them away, even at $90! LOL Admittedly, the attendence was poor, at best, but the people who were there WERE poolplayers...and
NOBODY was buying!

One thing about Lou Sardo...you have to give him a lot of credit for supporting pro pool with all the added money they put into some of the mens and womens tournaments! I liken it to a philanthropist supporting their favorite charity, even though it may be nonprofitable, and/or insignificant to their overall bottom line! Hats off to Lou, Carmine, and the rest of the Sardo family (even though I personally don't care for the Sardo Rack)!

Scott Lee

Harold Acosta
12-08-2002, 02:20 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote TomBrooklyn:</font><hr> Someone who must not be familiar with that automatic raise your bid to a specified maximum thing bid $125.00 outright when she could have got one for 109.00. Whats the regular retail on those things anyway?
=Tom <hr /></blockquote>

You will never find me bidding on sardo or predator gizmos...

Harold Acosta
12-08-2002, 02:29 PM
You cannot take anything away from Lou Sardo. He has done everything possible to promote this sport. He wanted us to have that perfect rack but nobody ever imagine the disaster it would cause.

I remember the price of this thing being in the $300 range but now, like you say, they can't even give them away!

[b]<font color="blue">Billiard is a passionate sport for the mind and soul!</font color>

Troy
12-08-2002, 05:26 PM
Actually, I briefly considered bidding $1.09 each for the entire batch so I could melt them down and make something useful. On further thought, whatever I created would probably leave craters everywhere..... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Allan
12-08-2002, 06:44 PM
Don't mean to ask a stupid question, but as a newbie I wanted to know what the problem is with these gizmos....

Allan

Harold Acosta
12-08-2002, 08:05 PM
The intentions of the Sardo Rack was to have a perfect rack for every game and most probably to stop Earl Strickland's wining on every rack. Balls connected to each other, as they are supposed to.

After a while, the Pro's figured out how to break and pocket a ball everytime, so the Sardo people, several promoters and TD's decided to move up the rack and spot the 9 on the head string, obviously disregarding the rules of pocket billiards where the first ball of the rack goes on the spot.

In addition to this, the Sardo racks creates dents on the cloth, where the balls rests thus creating another problem with the cloths on the tables.

This pretty much sums up the problems with the Sardo gizmo....

[b]<font color="blue">Billiards is a passionate sport for the mind and soul!</font color>