PDA

View Full Version : Jump Cue Revelations & Middle East Peace

rackmup
03-10-2002, 10:00 AM
John Collins of Instroke said:

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>If you put a Bunjee Tip on the cue you will be able to jump much better with the Meucci. However the Bunjee will still outperform it due to the taper and balance. You will notice that the Meucci will still be butt heavy and awkward to control and the Bunjee by comparison will be front heavy and easier to guide through the shot.<hr></blockquote>

And:

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Using cues such as the Meucci jump cue as a starting point we experiemented with many different configurations to eliminate as many of the limitations that the 'old style' jump cues had as possible.<hr></blockquote>

He also said:

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Even with a Bunjee Tip on a Meucci you will be hard pressed to jump a ball that is a ball's width from the cueball consistently.<hr></blockquote>

With that being said, I took my Meucci Jump Cue in for a retip (a Bungee tip) and a shorter ferrule. We then removed the weight bolt from the butt of the Meucci and guess what?

The results are simply <font color=red>a<font color=green>m<font color=red>a<font color=purple>z<font color=orange>i<font color=purple>n<font color=red>g<font color=green>! <font color=black>Please understand that I am not knocking the Bungee cue...not at all. It is a fine, fine product. If I did not already own the Meucci I would have purchased the Bungee. It's just that the Meucci JC is VERY nice looking, only cost me $50 brand new ($125. retail 15+ years ago) and I wasn't willing to bail on it without trying this first.

I CAN jump a ball with only a ball-width spacing AND can control the shot.

We also discovered that the completed "project" with my Meucci is lighter overall than the Bungee, Lucasi and Cuetec jump cues. The Meucci shaft began this "transformation" with a shaft that is heavier than the Bungee (something John said is important to the performance of the Bungee cue..."Bunjee by comparison will be front heavy.")

If you have a JC, try switching tips and ferrules before spending any money on the other fine JC's out there. If it doesn't work, you had better get yourself a Bungee JC because remember...I am jumping balls like Evel Knievel at Caeser's Palace (without the broken bones!) and I may draw you in the next match!

Oh yes...on peace in the Middle East...they would be better off if they weren't eating so much damned food with curry powder...I had some Middle Eastern dish last night that bloated me like a puff fish and the family is threatening to move out if the odor doesn't subside soon.

Regards and respects to John Collins at Instroke,

Ken "Knievel" Kingan</font color=black>

Q-guy
03-10-2002, 10:16 AM
You may want to experiment with the weight. Jumping over a ball from a chalks width may be impressive, but the most common jumps are one to two feet and sometimes more.. If the cue is too light it won't project the cue ball out there. You need a weight that covers the most common jumps. I cannot honestly ever remember attempting to jump a ball from one inch in competition. Having said that, once the concept requirements are met, all jump cues will perform basically the same, but you now know that.

Chris Cass
03-10-2002, 10:25 AM
Hi Q-Guy,
I heard from a reliable sorce that your jump cues are great also. Admire your lack of marketing your stuff on this site but once in a while why not post a little somethin somethin?
C.C.

rackmup
03-10-2002, 04:20 PM
I'll tell you...I have never been so badly "safed" that I was within 1" of a ball that I would need to jump. My "new" Meucci jumps everything from 4" to a foot or more with relative ease. Longer jumps can be performed with my playing cue.

Q-Guy...tell us a little about your cues...it's not "marketing" or "advertising" on your part if I ask so, c'mon...spill the beans.

Ken