PDA

View Full Version : Lessons

Cuemage
03-10-2002, 10:09 AM
I seem to have lost some spell components...hmmm. Well, maybe you can help. I'm trying to come up with a list of quality instructors in or near NC to better my pool spells. Whom do you know of, and what are their rates?

MaineEAck
03-10-2002, 10:14 AM
http://www.billiardinstructor.org is the Website Of Ken Tewksbury. I would sugest him to EVERYONE IN THE WORLD. he is a really good teacher. but he is way up here in NH, I wtill sugest you check out his site and give hima call.

JimS
03-10-2002, 10:36 AM
The BCA has qualified instructors all over the country. Look at www.bca-pool.com (http://www.bca-pool.com) I think that's right. Regards, JimS

Mike D2
03-10-2002, 11:19 AM
Another great billiard instructor is Joe Savarin. I think that he is really good and can improve your game. His e-mail is cuesportnews@aol.com

MaineEAck
03-10-2002, 11:24 AM
Yeah Joe is a good teacher... Nice guy too

Cuemage
03-10-2002, 11:26 AM
Thanks guys...but wherefore art Joe?

MaineEAck
03-10-2002, 11:30 AM
Not sure but try E-mailing him! or call him 901-685-1101

03-11-2002, 11:04 AM
Frank Tullos at BreakTime Billiards in Winston-Salem, NC is excellent. He is a pro tournament level player and knows how to teach. If you are a golfer he is of a David Ledbetter caliber. Rate is around $25 an hour. I also hear that Earl Strickland is now giving lessons at Cue & Spirits in Winston-Salem. I haven't heard about the quality of his lessons and I don't know how well he can teach what he does. Rates are around $50 an hour. BreakTime's phone is 336-765-7391; C&S is 336-759-0680. Good luck.

Chris Cass
03-11-2002, 11:27 AM
Yep, Earl has great lessons on self control and anger management too.
C.C.

03-11-2002, 11:51 AM
I was just wondering what pool intructors usually charge?

03-11-2002, 12:02 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Chris Cass:</font><hr> Yep, Earl has great lessons on self control and anger management too.
C.C. <hr></blockquote>........
Earl's lessons come with complimentary WHINE and cheese.

cuechick
03-11-2002, 12:58 PM
I believe Allison Fisher does give lessons. Being (IMO) one of the best technicians in the sport it's worth checking out. I hear from people who have attended the Vancover Pool School (hey, do they have a scholarship program?/ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif) that she is a gifted teacher. You can check out her website and email her from there. She will reply, though it may take her a while. www.allisonfisher.com (http://www.allisonfisher.com)
(I hope that's right?)

SPetty
03-11-2002, 01:29 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Cuemage:</font><hr> I seem to have lost some spell components...hmmm. Well, maybe you can help. I'm trying to come up with a list of quality instructors in or near NC to better my pool spells. Whom do you know of, and what are their rates?
<hr></blockquote>

Here's a new one on me! What on earth is a pool spell? What is a spell component?

Thanks in advance.

03-11-2002, 02:48 PM
Good Idea. Allison lives in Charlotte, NC which also is home to several pros. I'm sure you could find several people giving lessons in that area.

Cuemage
03-11-2002, 09:32 PM
Thanks!
I'm scheduled to receive lessons from her this month!...I'll let you know how it turns out.

03-11-2002, 11:14 PM
i believe that grady matthews lives there and i think bill staton does, too.

03-11-2002, 11:53 PM
Allison is a gifted teacher - I can tell you from firsthand experience seeing her perform miracles on others and how she's even somehow managed to help my game - as stubborn as I am. As one might expect she is of course very big on the fundamentals, but does work within the framework of one's natural tendencies. Contrary to what some may believe, she does not try to get everyone to mold to her snooker style stance &amp; stroke.

Although not really needed for her IMO, she is currently in the process of completing the BCA instructor certification program through Randy G, in hopes of becoming an even better teacher.

Yes, comparatively Allison is rather expensive starting out, but her time is valuable to her and that's mainly just to see if someone is truly interested and seriously invested in improving their game, or just wishing to hang out with her for one day - a luxury they will pay dearly for. Her prices become considerably more reasonable as she develops a rapport with any student that is really seriuosly committed to taking full advantage of her expertise and working hard on their game - as opposed to wasting her time.

Look for Allison to become more active in the future in regards to offering regularly scheduled 2-3 day group instructional seminars, possibly teaming up with one or more other name professional players that also have a serious passion in helping others with their games and have also been properly trained and certified in instructing all levels of players. - Chris in NC

SPetty
03-12-2002, 09:27 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: SPetty:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Cuemage:</font><hr> I seem to have lost some spell components...hmmm. Well, maybe you can help. I'm trying to come up with a list of quality instructors in or near NC to better my pool spells. Whom do you know of, and what are their rates? <hr></blockquote>

Here's a new one on me! What on earth is a pool spell? What is a spell component?

Thanks in advance.
<hr></blockquote>

No, really, I'm serious. It seems that many people responded to this as though they understand what a pool spell component is. I have never heard the term. Help!

TomBrooklyn
03-12-2002, 10:42 AM
SP:
A pool spell component is any one of the parts that make up the general body of pool spell./ccboard/images/icons/frown.gif

Seriously, I was baffled by this one also, although the idea he wanted lessons came through. It just dawned on me, Cuemage meant pool SKILL!/ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif However, he may want to work on his pool SPELLING also! /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

heater451
03-12-2002, 10:52 AM
"Cuemage" = "Cue" + "mage"

mage = magician

Get it?

Rod
03-12-2002, 11:14 AM
TB, I don't know what the hell it means. For all I know it could be a fancy new term for strategy or a new way of making your opponent miss without them knowing. What ever it is I find it interesting that people replied like they knew exacly what was happening. That's a scary thought.
Maybe the author or someone that answered could explain.

SPetty
03-12-2002, 01:27 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: heater451:</font><hr> "Cuemage" = "Cue" + "mage"
mage = magician
Get it? <hr></blockquote>

Oooooohhhhh, now I get it - just too clever for me! Thanks, Heat!

JayCee
03-12-2002, 01:39 PM
Chris,

You and I spoke back in Nov/Dec 2001. I've misplaced your number. Will you email it to me at jcovingo@hotmail.com? Thanks.

cuechick
03-12-2002, 02:07 PM
I am so glad that it worked out with allison, and found Chris 's info very interesting. I wanted to let those interested who live in the NYC area know that another great Pro who teaches is Tony Robles, at Corner Billiards (212 995 1314) or <a target="_blank" href=http://www.cornerbilliards.com>www.cornerbilliards.com</a> I have worked with Tony and he is not only an excellent teacher but extremely patient no matter the level of his student. have seen him work with pepole who could barely hold a cue. He even works with childeren!! He is also very reasonable. ( I tell him he is too reasonable! he should charge much more!!)

03-12-2002, 05:26 PM
Since you have taken lessons from Allison, could you please tell me what she charges. I'm thinking about taking lessons and would appreciate any information. Thanks

03-12-2002, 07:05 PM
Poolgirl, you can obtain that info more accurately directly from Allison by e-mailing her from her website - allisonfisher.com She'll be away from home quite a bit the next few weeks so you may not get an immediate response - though you will eventually get one. If you e-mail me and provide a return e-mail address, I'll be glad to give you a ballpark idea as to what I believe she is currently charging, but don't hold me to it. My address is piblettwo@boone.net - Chris in NC

Cuemage
03-12-2002, 07:35 PM
Heat,

you are indeed correct. and for guessing correctly, i offer 1 pool secret: when shooting an object ball within 5 degrees of 22 &amp; 1/2 degree angle, a half ball hit will make the shot 100% of the time

the Cuemage

Cuemage
03-12-2002, 07:38 PM
Well, I negotiated with Allison on fee &amp; time. You can reach her through her e-mail on her website...she will respond. Rates will change based on what you want out of the lesson and the length of the lesson. And I am scheduled to have a lesson, but have not yet taken it.

Cuemage
03-12-2002, 07:46 PM
Chris, I agree totally.

I once lived in Boone for a year &amp; a half (managed Macado's Restaurant). I got transferred to Greensboro but work for them no longer. From what pool hall/room/bar do you hail?

03-12-2002, 08:23 PM
She sent me a e-mail offering $900 for 4 hours.
BillyR in NC

03-12-2002, 08:53 PM
Hi cuechick,

Hope you don't mind my addressing this since you 'did' use the term "best." ...especially since I know you and I also know you've never taken instruction with me.

Tony and I are great friends and we admire and respect each other's teaching styles. In fact we often consult with each other when we come across a particular problem with a student. Another pair of ears and eyes is a great thing to have.

Yes, I agree. Tony and I are among the best.

Fran

03-12-2002, 10:04 PM
i think BCA instructors are TERRIBLE and from what I hear, it doesn't take much to become one.

TomBrooklyn
03-12-2002, 10:39 PM
Hi Ted:
Here to make more friends on the board?

03-12-2002, 10:58 PM
i don't know if i am here to make friends. just giving an opinion... i thought i was entitled to one. anyway, the BCA instructors overcharge you for lessons they give while reading their checklist from the BCA. but that's just my experience and other playes have expressed those same feelings to me.

cuechick
03-13-2002, 12:30 AM
Yes!! I know of many satisfied students you have taught. I am sorry Fran, I did not mean to leave you out. I was told by someone you were taking a break from teaching? I know your workshops are very good and it's hard to get a spot!!!

cuechick
03-13-2002, 12:42 AM
Fran has many years of experaince to back up her well earned "Master" Instructor title. Your intitled to you opinon; but IMO it is a narrow mind that would pass judgment with out experiance. All apples pies DO NOT taste the same.

03-13-2002, 01:58 AM
No offense taken at all, cuechick. I know you meant no harm. Just wanted to throw my 2 cents in. What you probably heard was old news when I took a short break last year when my mother became ill. Thankfully, she's doing well and all is normal again.

At the end of March I'll be announcing a 6 week course (on Sundays) for serious intermediate local players...cost yet to be determined, but it will be very reasonable. Since I'm limiting it to only 12 players, each player will have to go through a short interview process to be accepted as a student. It will be very intense and hopefully very exciting. So if you know any serious players who might be interested, you can get their names and numbers I will contact them at the end of March. The requirement is that they should be able to run 5 balls in 9-ball pretty regularly and occasionally run out the rack.

This isn't a sales pitch, it's just that the workshops do get filled pretty quickly and I thought I'd give you advanced notice.

Fran

03-13-2002, 03:06 AM
The BCA has a checklist? Geez...and to think I've been knocking myself out all these years trying to figure this stuff out. I'm gonna have to call and get me one of them checklists.

But seriously, I don't know of any checklist, and I do agree that there are some instructors out there who I would consider underqualified, and maybe even terrible (but I have very high teaching standards). But all of them terrible? NO. No way. The program has evolved and is much tougher now than it was in the past. I can state with authority that no one from my instructor training course walks away with a teaching certificate who isn't qualified to teach at the level in which they were trained.

You should come to NY to one of my training courses. I think you'd find it very enlightening. If you're an instructor in training and I don't think you have the right disposition to teach---you're out. If you don't have enough knowledge to teach the level you're trying to qualify for---you're out. If you can't demonstrate what you teach---you're out. If you can't troubleshoot a player in five minutes---you're out. Yes, I said five minutes...checklist or no checklist.

Fran

CarolNYC
03-13-2002, 04:21 AM
Hello Ladies,
I must voice out on this one also-Tony, yes is one of the best,but not THE BEST- Fran and many others are also in the BEST category, so please do not single out only one teacher as the BEST!Especially in NYC!Also,Danny Barouty for 14.1!
Carol~protoge` of Fran&amp;Danny

CarolNYC
03-13-2002, 04:24 AM
And NOT miss the 8 ball or miss with BIH on the 8&amp;9-LMAO! You go Fran!
love,
Carol

CarolNYC
03-13-2002, 04:26 AM
I think your life is full of misery-are you a BCA MASTER instructor?If not, keep your thoughts for a faceoff!
Carol

CarolNYC
03-13-2002, 04:28 AM
Then they have the wrong BCA instructor!Wordup!
Carol

CarolNYC
03-13-2002, 04:36 AM
LMAO-a checklist?ha ha ha ha-I dont remember that one, Fran ,and will be your guinea pig for your future training instructors anytime!
Carol~loves when someone tries to evaluate in 5 minutes!

CarolNYC
03-13-2002, 04:38 AM
Way to go cuechick, and I think the ONLY FEMALE ONE IN USA? Bam!
Carol

03-13-2002, 08:36 AM
Cuemage, it's a small world. We opened our poolroom (Family Billiards) in 1996, and we're actually located about 8 miles outside of Boone on Hwy. 105 - between Boone and Banner Elk. My guess is you must have left the area before we opened - otherwise if you were a player at that time you would have likely found us. The only other poolroom in the area worth mentioning was Savannah Joe's in downtown Boone (opened around 1990) and just around the corner from McAdoos, which has since closed down. McAcoos however is still thriving.

Cuemage, if you indeed take instruction from Allison, you will not regret it. She takes this very seriously, and will likely present you an option starting out as to whether you want an all-in-one comprehensive lesson quick fix (in which IMO you may get overloaded with much info and changes), or as most instructors prefer (for your own benefit) you develop a longer term arrangement in which you'll have the time for you both to really focus on just a few changes at a time. At any rate, IMO it's well worth the $ and effort. - Chris in NC

03-13-2002, 12:59 PM
Where do I sign up?

Voodoo...would fly 1700 miles to learn.

03-13-2002, 01:55 PM
HELLO FRAN
I TOOK A LESSON FROM A LONG TIME AGO .AND ONE THING YOU TOLD ME AND NEVER LEFT MY HEAD, IS TO STAY DOWN ON MY SHOTS .AND IT WORKS GREAT BUT ONE THING YOU NEVER TOLD ME .WAS HOLD TO PLAY IN OPEN TOUNMENTS.
WHAT ABOUT THE NERVES.THAT IS ONE THING YOU NEVER TOLD ME .
SO IF YOU CAN SEND ME SOME HELP ON THIS I'LL LOVE YOU FOR IT . AND TO ALL WHO READ THIS,I TOOK LESSON FROM FRAN AND PLAYED TONY .YOU CAN SAY I GOT A LESSON THE EASY WAY AND THE HARD WAY .BUT I LEARNED FROM BOTH. AND THAT "TONY AND FRAN" ARE GREAT PLAYERS AND TEACHERS .SO LEARN WHAT YOU CAN.

03-13-2002, 03:04 PM
Thank you for your compliment and you asked a very good question. If you enter an open tournament worried that you're in over your head, then you will play like you're in over your head. I find that most people who play in open events ARE in over their heads. They can still perform well if they just accept that fact and not worry so much about it. I'm sure you've heard stories about underdogs rising to the occasion and surprising everybody. It can and does happen. But it won't happen if that player is worried.

Also, when you find yourself against someone like Tony, you can't NOT realize who you're playing. You know it's Tony and you know he's a great player. You have to just do what you know how to do and don't try to play like Tony...and if you think about the odds of your winning and what the probable outcome is, you'll lose the match before you hit your first ball. Just make sure you do what you know how to do every time you get to the table and forget about the winning-losing part.

Good luck,

Fran

Doctor_D
03-13-2002, 07:52 PM
Good evening:

The best instructor in the world can only help your game if you practice, diligently, what you are taught.

Dr. D.

Cuemage
03-13-2002, 09:05 PM
Yes it was Savannah Joes! I played some tournaments over in Jefferson City TN (or maybe it was Mountain City). I even bought my 1st Meucci from David South there. I left Boone in '95 I think. We lived (wife &amp; I) in Boone for a year, then in Banner Elk for 6 months before moving to Greensboro.
Boone is very beautiful, but I hated the snow (not a snow skier).
I'll let you know how the lessons go. We're on for next week.

The Cuemage

03-13-2002, 10:07 PM
Fran wrote:

Yes I agree.Tony and I are among the best.

Maybe I missed something but is this not rather presumptuous

nAz
03-13-2002, 10:32 PM
My cash Flow is even Drier then NYC water reservoir so who is REALLY
Best under 25 ducats??

03-14-2002, 12:17 AM
ooh... so strict or so hard. I think it takes 2 minutes or less to judge a player's shooting ability. Anyhow, there may be some decent teachers out there. Naturally, they've ALL claimed to be the best, as you are doing with yourself, but not all can be the best. No matter how hard you are on your students or how strict. Another thing is the BCA thinks they govern pool, which they don't. That bothers me. And from what I hear from Hal Houle, you really aren't a polite person, Fran.

03-14-2002, 12:32 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: nAz:</font><hr> My cash Flow is even Drier then NYC water reservoir so who is REALLY
Best under 25 ducats?? <hr></blockquote>

well, do de woids "you get what you pay for" ring a bell? i liked the part where alison hits 'em hard till she is convinced they are sincere and will work .

i don't teach pool but i've taught other things and i'll tell ya, there's nothing worse than beating your head against an uncommitted student.

show some commitment and initiative, go steal the money.

dan...my other response was going to be about an old fat lady with no teeth but...

JimS
03-14-2002, 12:40 AM
You missed something.

cheesemouse
03-14-2002, 12:45 AM
Kimmel,
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>I think it takes 2 minutes or less to judge a player's shooting ability<hr></blockquote>
This two minute increment of time you mention. Are you sure that isn't the time it takes you to realize your gonna get your a$$ kicked again and again and again. You should clear your posts with an adult before you make that final click. Your ignorance is like a neon sign&gt;&gt;&gt;boy!!!

TomBrooklyn
03-14-2002, 12:57 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: kimmel:</font><hr> ooh... so strict or so hard. I think it takes 2 minutes or less to judge a player's shooting ability. Anyhow, there may be some decent teachers out there. Naturally, they've ALL claimed to be the best, as you are doing with yourself, but not all can be the best. No matter how hard you are on your students or how strict. Another thing is the BCA thinks they govern pool, which they don't. That bothers me. And from what I hear from Hal Houle, you really aren't a polite person, Fran. <hr></blockquote>
Ted, I find it fascinating that you bring up the subject of politeness. Would you reccommend that we could review your writing style for guidance on politeness in posting?

03-14-2002, 01:01 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: kimmel:</font><hr> ooh... so strict or so hard. I think it takes 2 minutes or less to judge a player's shooting ability. Anyhow, there may be some decent teachers out there. Naturally, they've ALL claimed to be the best, as you are doing with yourself, but not all can be the best. No matter how hard you are on your students or how strict. Another thing is the BCA thinks they govern pool, which they don't. That bothers me. And from what I hear from Hal Houle, you really aren't a polite person, Fran. <hr></blockquote>

wow, talk about your target rich environment, i disagree with everything but your punctuation.

nobody can accurately judge another players speed in 2 minutes. as a teacher, if you're really a good analyst, you can spot some stuff to work on but "shooting ability"? nope.

there are only a handful, barely double didgets, of bca-master instructers on the planet. i think i'm safe in saying that they are all "among the best". they've done the work to be.

the bca does not "govern" anything but a trade organization. they have, however, bothered to publish a standardized set of rules. that alone has probably saved hundreds of lives and has saved me, personally, an incalculable amount of grief. can someone please explain why anyone still mentions texas express since there ain't no suchofa thang nomo???

hal thinks someone is less than polite?? it is to barf!

although i'm reliably informed that hal is a fine and entertaining fellow to those he likes, i've also seen him being perhaps a bit testy when someone inquires politely about how he managed to be the the only keeper of the "TRUTH" on the entire planet. ain't makin the call and ain't drinkin the koolaid.

now, i know that you will find this nearly impossible to believe but even i have been accused of being "less than polite" myself on occasion. you scoff but 'tis true, i confess. some people just need impolititude. they scream for it.

dan...well, there is the 3 dot thing but since i do that myself...i'll give you a pass.

TomBrooklyn
03-14-2002, 01:38 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Doctor_D:</font><hr> Good evening: The best instructor in the world can only help your game if you practice, diligently, what you are taught.<hr></blockquote>Doctor: Do you use any formula for allocating your practice time? Can you suggest a guideline for how many hours of practice should be applied for every hour of lesson? And would that be practice time be spent strictly on the prior lesson material or a combination of the prior lesson and previous lessons, or some other system?

03-14-2002, 02:15 AM
master instructors the best? alright, Fran says that a good teacher should also be able to execute what he/she preaches. i remember seeing roy yamane (a BCA certified master instructor) giving free clinics at an expo and was terrible. he was demonstrating an extreme draw shot and could not pocket the ball after trying ten times. he was also telling the crowd that a loose grip is the key to a successful draw shot. wrong! cueing the ball low is the key. read robert byrne's advanced pool and billiards. he distinguishes fact from fiction, and the whole loose wrist idea is one of them. after watching mr. yamane for half an hour i decided that i wouldn't pay him 20 dollars for a 2 hour session. or 5 dollars for that matter.

03-14-2002, 02:22 AM
maybe politeness wasn't the word i meant about fran. i mean bitchiness. because hal and fran were e-mailing each other and hal asked her to stop, otherwise he would reveal her nasty side to the board. and my being polite has nothing to do with anything because i'm taking the words from someone who's notorious for being polite, kind, and patient... hal. if hal (mr. "patience of a saint") tells me someone is being very bitchy and bothersome, then i take it this person has extraodinary bitchiness.

03-14-2002, 02:24 AM
yes it takes 2 minutes or less to judge. first of all you can look at their stance, stroke, and bridge. next, you can take a look at their pocketing ability and positioning. as far as taking an ass-kicking, why don't you head out to New York on the third weekend of may and then we can settle it after the straight pool tournaments.

03-14-2002, 02:52 AM
This is very strange. I never met, spoke with or e-mailed with Hal Houle. I don't even know who the man is. Somebody's fibbing. For shame.

Fran

03-14-2002, 03:09 AM
Now if you have a gripe with Roy Yamane or anyone else, then take it to them. But if you're going to lump me in with those you feel can't teach, I think it's only fair that you back up your accusations with proof. If you want to offer me criticizims on my teaching skills, I'm open to it, as long as you've seen me teach. But I don't think it's fair of you to accuse me of being incompetent and rude when the rude part is based on a lie and the incompetent part is based on what you've seen of someone else.

If you've seen me teach I'm sure you would have stated that by now.

Fran

03-14-2002, 03:22 AM
maybe, but that's what i've heard from him

03-14-2002, 03:31 AM
Well, I'm not going to say that Hal lied to you because I don't know. It's possible that someone may have been harassing him under my name. I'd really like to see those e-mails and get to the bottom of this.

If Hal's reading this I hope he will forward them to me at fdcrimi@msn.com.

Fran

03-14-2002, 04:25 AM
Moving past the personality issues (I hope), I agree with you that you can assess a player in two minutes or less. I did that at the L.A. Expo...perhaps the same one you saw Roy Yamane teach? I called it the 5 minute lesson. Players signed up, got on the table when their name was called, and I had them pegged in seconds. Sometimes it took only two shots. The rest of the 5 minutes was devoted to the correction process. It was a lot of fun and the price was right. FREE.

Second, to clarify, the 5 minute rule I use in training instructors---that's for entry level instructors who are new to the teaching process. They get an extra three minutes for nervousness.

Fran

03-14-2002, 08:35 AM
Really not sure if I did miss something Jim.It seems downright presumptuous to put yourself at the head of the class.Accolades should be given by others not self administered.

By the way,the saying actually goes 'it is not enough to aim.You must hit.

Have a nice one.

cheesemouse
03-14-2002, 08:39 AM
kimmel,
Ted, isn't it? You are surrounded by reasonable knowing pool people here on the ccb. You can't peddle dribble here without getting busted for it. Now to the matter of:
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>as far as taking an ass-kicking, why don't you head out to New York on the third weekend of may and then we can settle it after the straight pool tournaments.<hr></blockquote>

This conciderably longer term planning than I am used too. I'm one of those 'here and now' kind of guys, you know. I normally do my wolfing inside spittle range but, hey, this is the cyber-space age. In place of me traveling half way across America to play two dollar pool with you I will just back one of those girls that play in your home court poolhall. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif Over!

03-14-2002, 09:56 AM
I'm sure there are many such as yourself who feel it is inappropriate to state that he or she is "among the best." (I will never state that I am the best instructor. Now THAT would be presumptuous of me, simply because I don't know if I am or not.)I'm very familiar with your state of mind of laying low and not publicly giving yourself credit for being in the top of your class in a given field. I've spent nearly a lifetime in that frame of mind.

I heartily encourage anyone and everyone who's sure you are among the best at what you do to get out there and shout it from the rooftops whenever you feel it's necessary. The worst that could happen is that someone will challenge you to prove it. If you're confident in who you are and what you can do, you will. If you're not, don't shout.

Fran

TomBrooklyn
03-14-2002, 12:50 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Fran Crimi:</font><hr> I heartily encourage anyone and everyone who's sure you are among the best at what you do to get out there and shout it from the rooftops whenever you feel it's necessary. The worst that could happen is that someone will challenge you to prove it. If you're confident in who you are and what you can do, you will. If you're not, don't shout.
<hr></blockquote>Thats a good thought, Fran, and I'm going to adopt your suggestion. I am a roofer by trade, and am confident we're one of the best roofers contractors in the types of roofing we specialize in. I am on a roof almost every day anyway, so all I have to do is start shouting! /ccboard/images/icons/shocked.gif

03-14-2002, 03:55 PM
traveling halfway across the country is the best excuse you could give? i'm coming from los angeles and even if there were no tournaments there or anywhere else i'd meet you in any state to take on a challenge. i've always been very competitive my whole life and don't take any challenges lightly. name the place, pal.

cheesemouse
03-14-2002, 07:29 PM
Teddy,Teddy,
My don't we have a big button. What is your nickname? The Rocket http://www.animation-station.com/anigifs/anim2317.gif
Once again you failed to read the fine print. I didn't challenge you to anything and by your posts I'm not sure your talking about playing pool anymore. Have you considered anger management. Gees, normally I have to try to upset even the most unreasonable pool freaks.
As far as the third week in May goes I hope to be skinning somebody with my short game on a nice golf course on a beautiful sunshine day. I'm sure that some of the nice New York players will be willing to lighten your load. SERENITY NOW!!! /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

04-10-2002, 12:50 AM
I am going to NYC in a couple weeks. Where is there some good 9-ball action?