PDA

View Full Version : shitting and safetys *DELETED*

12-09-2002, 10:09 AM
Post deleted by ccboard_admin

nAz
12-09-2002, 10:16 AM
sounds like i guy i use to play named angelo, i would spot him 5 games in a race to 9 and he do the sme thing! arghgh beat me like that once lol

stickman
12-09-2002, 10:25 AM
I know someone like your friend. There must be one in every crowd. LOL Like the fellow you describe, this guy can shoot, but he more often bangs and combos at the 9 every time he gets a chance. It's amazing how often he can bang the balls and have the 9 run 5 rails around the table and luck in. Sometimes when he starts that stuff, I play his game with him, but I'm not as good at it as him. Several of the locals have refused to play him unless he wants to play call shot 9ball. That might be the best way to handle it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

You really can't say much about the safeties. That's just part of the game. It sounds like he does it just to get in your head.

Chris Cass
12-09-2002, 10:26 AM
Hi cRzy,

I love guys like that. There's a strategy I use that helps quite a bit. First, on the push out. Send the 9 ball up table. Next, try to safe him every shot. When doing this send the ob near the 9 and take the combo yourself. Guys like that never get anywhere in this game. Luck is good but skill lasts longer.

Remember, spread the rack out and force him to go back and forth up and down table. Get the 9 ball out of his way and just compliment all of his shots. Then say, show me what ya got kid. Once, he realizes he doesn't have anything. Your gonna win.

Regards,

C.C.~~once you get good, the luck goes away. I haven't $hit a ball in since 1972. LOL

9 Ball Girl
12-09-2002, 10:49 AM
I played a guy on Saturday night. A race to 10 and we were playing for time. I had him 9-7. He would constantly complain while I was shooting that he's tired, that the music is too loud, that he screws himself up. Then out of nowhere, the last 3 games he shits in the 9 ball. And then he acted like he meant it! The 9 went a couple of rails before it found a pocket, or caromed off another ball. It was ridiculous. But unfortunately, that's 9 ball for you. Anyway, before we started to play, he said that regardless of the outcome, he was going to pay for the time. Well! He left before I did and I stayed for another couple of hours. When it came time to leave, it turned out that he hadn't paid the time! Thankfully, Naz took care of that.

Perk
12-09-2002, 11:00 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr>
C.C.~~once you get good, the luck goes away. I haven't $hit a ball in since 1972. LOL <hr /></blockquote>

Common now...I think we all have [censored] A ball every now and then...it might not be the 9ball though...LOL...

We got a guy in tourneys around here, that is the exact same way as mentioned. He plays as a 4 (3 - 8). He goes for the 9ball anytime he can, and he has a thunderous break (no control of cueball). So, when he is "ON", he is tuff to beat, but when he is "OFF", and ole lucky is replaced with the normal "whitey" that we use, he plays like he should be a 3. Its funny to watch him get excited when he wins a few matches, and advances threw a tourney due to the "luck factor". But whats funnier, is when he doesnt understand why he isnt getting any better... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Its kinda like gambling in a bar....ANYTIME there is a banger in the bar that is hittin them hard,,,,lay down the cash, cause perky's gettin away with the Cheese!!!

12-09-2002, 11:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
sounds like i guy i use to play named angelo, i would spot him 5 games in a race to 9 and he do the sme thing! arghgh beat me like that once lol<hr /></blockquote>
LOL sounds familar where does he play ?

12-09-2002, 11:21 AM
I play like that all the time.
Only, for me it's the cueball that's always going in unexpectedly! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Chris Cass
12-09-2002, 11:35 AM
Hi Perk,

It's funny you mentioned it. I have a friend who is a high "B/ low A" and his break too is strong. When, he slops a ball in he lights up all over. I think I wanta peuk but he gets all happy about it, then runs out. It's a mental thing for sure. When, a lower handicap player, rides every chance they get. They're hard to beat. Especially if they're falling. It's frustrates all of us but in the end, it's they'll lose more than win.

It just sucks when someone puts you into the loser side or out of the tourney this way. Still, the TD always rates them without counting in the luck factor. Yet, these players count on the luck factor themselves. LOL That's why it's much easier to play someone your own speed. They miss and you'll get a shot. If the Luckbox misses, who knows? LOL

Good talking with you,

C.C.~~never gets lucky and never scratches. LOL I knew Perk wouldn't buy it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Perk
12-09-2002, 11:47 AM
Good talking to U2 Chris..Wishin ya well....

I definately agree. Playing an opponent your speed or better is easier mentally than playin with ol' lucky. I would rather sit and watch my opponent put a 7 pack on me than watch a fly at the money ball display that beats me 7-4 or something like that.

&lt;--who is Perky kiddin.....I would be pissed with a 7-pack...good things always stop with 6-packs...I get one more shot that way! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SPetty
12-09-2002, 12:12 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cRzy:</font><hr> Hi everybody...ive been reading these forums for a while but my first time posting...<hr /></blockquote>Hi cRzy,

Since you've been here for awhile, you know that we don't normally talk like that. We spell it
S-L-O-P. Like this:

He slopped the ball in...
The ball just slopped in...
He slops the ball in...

Just trying to help.

12-09-2002, 12:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hi cRzy,

Since you've been here for awhile, you know that we don't normally talk like that. We spell it
S-L-O-P. Like this:<hr /></blockquote>
My apologys i did not realize i cannot curse...come to think of it i didnt even realize i was cursing, im so used to using that term in pool...

TomBrooklyn
12-09-2002, 04:23 PM
It's not all luck that he's winning games. He's playing the odds and using a strategy. Whether or not it's a good stategy will affect his win/loss percentage. Most shots have fine nuances that will affect their percentage of success, even going-for-the-cheese shots and slamming-the-nineball shots. It takes an ever increasing level of knowledge and skill level to be aware of and able to execute a shot that takes into account all the numerous possible nuanaces.

What is luck for one player, is not luck for a more skilled player. And much of what is passed off as luck is not entirely luck at all. Mostly it is varying odds of success. If it is a 30% shot, in the long run it will be made 30% of the time, though it could be might be made six times in a row or missed fourteen times in a row.

In the Tony Robles-Corey Deuel Las Vegas BCA 2002 9 Ball Open semi-finals match, I think it was Tony that made a very tough shot but drew his cueball drew back a tiny bit too far and it rolled, though just barely, into the side pocket. Mike Segal the commentator, said it was a great shot but the unluckiest roll he had ever seen. Even the highly skilled Mike Segal thought it was bad luck, but he was at least partially wrong. The shooter could have recognized the potential danger of a scratch and put less draw on the ball. To blame it entirely on bad luck was to give short shrift to one of the endless subtle facets of a shot that makes the possibilities for excellence unlimited.

Play your game and let your buddy play his. Adopt your own strategy and approach to the game. Mostly your playing the table, but unless you run out every time, your also playing an opponent and can take into account his strengths and weaknesses as CC said above. By far most of the matches will go to the player with the best combination of skill and strategy. The more skill you have, the less luck your opponent will have. Whatever luck there is goes both ways. Luck makes no friends and has no memory.

Does your opponent complain or make excuses when he loses? If so, that makes two of you.

Tom_In_Cincy
12-09-2002, 05:29 PM
We have some of those type players,.. in fact if some one starts to line up a combo on the 9 ball.. we call it a "lenoard" in reference to this guy.

Its all part of 9 ball, its going to happen, Accept it, and get on with your game. Otherwise, its going to get you!

Be in control, or you will be controlled.

cheesemouse
12-09-2002, 10:27 PM
The guy sounds like me from the age of 15&gt;19...LOL /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

12-10-2002, 08:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Play your game and let your buddy play his. Adopt your own strategy and approach to the game. Mostly your playing the table, but unless you run out every time, your also playing an opponent and can take into account his strengths and weaknesses as CC said above. By far most of the matches will go to the player with the best combination of skill and strategy. The more skill you have, the less luck your opponent will have. Whatever luck there is goes both ways. Luck makes no friends and has no memory.

Does your opponent complain or make excuses when he loses? If so, that makes two of you.<hr /></blockquote>

/ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gifHello all,
i was NOT complaining to u guys here nor did i complain to the guy i played, I beat this guy all of the time, and i do play my own strategy my own game, i just wanted thoughts on players that actually goes for the slops of nine ball, i also understand the bit u wrote on luck but i dont think it applys to this guy...ive played wit him long enough to see what skills he has and i also stated that luck will only take him that far ....i was merely venting and looking for a opinion...its jus amazing how this guy does this all the time and our sets are close...i have nothing to complain about otherwise i would not like this game /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif