PDA

View Full Version : Connelly Tables

griffith_d
12-09-2002, 12:38 PM
Does anyone have any thoughts on a Connelly. I just ordered a Coronado.

Griff

12-09-2002, 12:40 PM
I play on Connelly's at the local PH and I like them.

MikeM
12-09-2002, 02:37 PM
Griff,

I play almost exclusively on Connellys since I have one at home and my home room has nothing but Connellys. I think they are a very nice table. Great looking too. Good luck with yours.

MM

griffith_d
12-09-2002, 06:59 PM
I bought the Coronado and called back today and upgraded to the oversize 8 foot.

I think I will like it better and the ones where I normally play are oversize, so it should fit right in.

Griff

12-09-2002, 09:06 PM
I will let you know when I receive my Connelly table. I ordered a 9' mariposa on September 12th - I have not received it yet. My understanding is that Connelly tables are well built and are of high quality. As soon as my dealer stops dicking me around, I am sure that I will enjoy the table. I am at the point where I feel like cancelling the order and going with another dealer. Has anyone waited over 3 months for delivery of their table?

John

griffith_d
12-10-2002, 06:51 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooljba:</font><hr> I will let you know when I receive my Connelly table. I ordered a 9' mariposa on September 12th - I have not received it yet. My understanding is that Connelly tables are well built and are of high quality. As soon as my dealer stops dicking me around, I am sure that I will enjoy the table. I am at the point where I feel like cancelling the order and going with another dealer. Has anyone waited over 3 months for delivery of their table?

John <hr /></blockquote>

Hopefully this does not happen to me. He told me January,

12-10-2002, 01:18 PM
I'm trying to decide between an Olhausen "Sheraton" model vs. a Connelly "Kayenta" model. Both are residential use &amp; I believe both are in considered one step up from each builders base model. Both tables currently discounted for the holidays are coming in at $2,000. However, the Connelly dealer price includes cue kit, cover, delivery, &amp; setup.

At the Olhausen dealer, the cue kit &amp; deliver are extra pushing the cost approximate $350 higher than the Connelly dealer.

Price wise, I'm leaning towards the Connelly, as the able will strictly be for recreation use by a small number of adults. Also, its my first billiard table purchase...don't want to spend too much, but want a table that will last 5+ years too.

I'm located in the No. Virginia area &amp; the Connelly dealier I'm working with (Atlantic) claim I've missed the Dec. 13 departing truck (from Connelly plant), &amp; the next shipment is scheduled for Dec. 20. In short, if the Connelly is seleted, I won't have it for Xmas.

In closing, I've received two responses on my question of better brand quality between the Olhausen &amp; Connelly. Both opinions favored the Connelly.

Now that I've selected the models between the two brands, I've asked one last time for opinions from the masses for a construction quality comparison between these two models.

MikeM
12-10-2002, 01:31 PM
BS,

I can't compare the two tables because I didn't look at Olhausen before I got my Connelly. I did choose Connelly over other brands offered by Champion Billiards and I had always liked dealing with Atlantic. I now know both owners of Atlantic, one very well and can highly recommend them as a company with which to do business. I like the Connelly rails and they are well constructed tables. Mine gets a lot of use from kids as well as adults and has held up well for the two years I've owned it. IMO the Connelly is worth the wait and Atlantic Billiards is a solid choice.

MM

12-10-2002, 01:54 PM
MM,

Thanks for the feedback. Yours is the 3rd vote for the Connelly. Of course, I'll inspect the table in mind more closely now that I've been educated by this &amp; other sources on what to look for.

Regards,

Wally_in_Cincy
12-10-2002, 02:36 PM
Chris in NC (long-lost CCB'er) always spoke highly of Connelly. He knows his tables.

12-10-2002, 03:18 PM
I got one over the summer and love it. I have a 8' coyote (the cheapest one available). Not much on the looks but full quality on the playing. I've played on it nonstop. I would definitely reccommend this instead of putting up huge bucks for the brunswicks.

Ken
12-10-2002, 03:59 PM
Chris had Connelly "Ultimate" tables in his room. These tables are six legged in order to support the 2" slate. The last I heard he was switching to Gabriels. I have played on both in his room. He has mentioned and I can confirm that the Connelly Ultimate will spit the balls back out onto the table (my 1920 Brunswick does the same thing). He has also mentioned that the 2" slate gives the balls a tendancy to leave the table. The Ultimate cames with Artemis cushions and not much can be said about the $2,000 models with 1" slate by comparing them to the Ultimate.

Nevertheless, from what I have seen at several sites that sell the Connelly tables they appear to be fine tables. It seems they are American made by people who take pride in their product.
KenCT

12-10-2002, 06:55 PM
I have noticed that on my connelly coyote table too-somethimes the balls will hop back right out of the pockets.

Rod
12-10-2002, 10:54 PM
Griff, I'm fimilar with the ultimate and it is one solid table. Connley's been around for quite a while, I don't think you can go wrong there. Enjoy your new table.

griffith_d
12-12-2002, 09:48 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rod:</font><hr> Griff, I'm fimilar with the ultimate and it is one solid table. Connley's been around for quite a while, I don't think you can go wrong there. Enjoy your new table. <hr /></blockquote>

I am counting the days, I just am not sure how to mount the light over the table after the table is assembled. I have 20 foot slanted ceilings that come down to 10 foot against the wall. I have thought about putting it up first, but then it might not be centered.

Griff

Rod
12-12-2002, 11:25 PM
Griff,
Either way, you can use the plum bob method for locating the center of the table and hang the lamp afterwards. If it was me I'd locate the rafters and mount the hardware first. Then it's just a matter of connecting the chains to the lamp. Do you have the lamp and hardware? If it's all done afterwards then you get a little debris falling down.

12-13-2002, 11:58 AM
i've got the same kind of ceiling, 8' at one end to 23' at the other. since the light is 4' x 8' and very heavy, i sure didn't want to be trying to hang that thing over my new table. just measure very carefully and when they are installing the table, once the frame is set but before they lay in the slate, it's easy to center.

dan

.................................................. ..........

I am counting the days, I just am not sure how to mount the light over the table after the table is assembled. I have 20 foot slanted ceilings that come down to 10 foot against the wall. I have thought about putting it up first, but then it might not be centered.

Griff <hr /></blockquote>