PDA

View Full Version : Jacoby Cues

12-09-2002, 06:12 PM
I am looking for a custom cue in the price range of $300-500. I am more interested in the play than the looks. I have seen some good prices on Jacoby cues, does anyone have experience with this cuemaker?

Harold Acosta
12-09-2002, 10:34 PM
Go to www.billiardswarehouse.com (http://www.billiardswarehouse.com) or billiardwarehouse.com (one has an s, the other doesn't). Also visit Hawleys.com. You'll find a wide range of cues in the $300-500 range.

Good luck on your new purchase!

[b]<font color="blue">Billiards is a passionate sport for the mind and soul!</font color>
http://www.thebilliardstour.com/images/starscrash.gif

Chris Cass
12-10-2002, 01:13 AM
I know the family personally and answer any questions you have.

C.C.

12-10-2002, 01:30 AM
My main concern is the shaft, and the durability of the cue. I live in the boondocks, and don't have the luxury of going to a local billiards store and trying out a hundred different cues. I currently use a viking cue with a hercules hard tip. I really love the play of the tip, but I don't feel the shaft of the viking cue is stiff enough to support such a hard tip. I have played with predator shafts, but don't like the play at all(I have played predator shafts with hercules, moori, and talisman tips, and didn't care for any of them.)

I am willing to take a chance on a cuemaker whose cue I haven't played with, however, I would just like to hear some comments on the quality of their cues to reassure me before I lay down the cash.

SpiderMan
12-10-2002, 12:41 PM
I play with one, I've had it for two years. In general, it's a little bit forward balanced, has a fairly stiff hit, and good-quality shaft wood. I like the capped ferrule, and the overall finish is quite good. I don't particularly care for many of the designs, and I have the basic Merry Widow design in ebony and birdseye (no wrap).

This stiff cue took a lot of getting used to since I was playing a Meucci, but now I shoot pretty well with it.

The joint thread measures out at 5/16" with 14 TPI, but it's non-standard in the sense that the shaft insert is a little undersize. As a result, I can't use the standard 5/16-14 drive pin that I bought from Atlas for maintenance.

SpiderMan