PDA

View Full Version : The best local players in your area...

12-10-2002, 10:37 AM
Hi everyone,
jus curious to know about the local players around your area, who do u think is the better players, how would they compare to the pros...i think that a really good local player can compete with the pros if they dont get intimidated, actually i think some are "pro" they just dont turn pro ?...the best local player ive seen in Brooklyn is Dong, the ppl here from NYC who is the best "non pro" that u have seen play ? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Popcorn
12-10-2002, 10:58 AM
Are you a pool detective or something? I don't think it right to be writing about someone of a public forum without their permission.

12-10-2002, 12:18 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Popcorn:</font><hr> Are you a pool detective or something? I don't think it right to be writing about someone of a public forum without their permission. <hr /></blockquote>

/ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif OK i know im new here but im jus asking a general question...what is the problem with asking bout players ? We have this kind of talk all the time when we in the pool hall...dont we ? " o this guy is really good that guy is pretty good, i think he can beat this guy " what is wrong with that ? Isnt that how legends are made ? isnt that how names get big ? What u think im trying to do ? Keep husslers from hussling ppl ? Or im goin to go and look for the good players and hussle them ? Its not like i stated the guys full name, address, ss# for u is it ? its the name that probably everybody in NYC knows him by, its not like nobody knows him....besides the point how do u know i didnt get permission from him ? r u him ? u act like im sayin the guy sucks or the guy is a piece of s*** ? am i not complimenting the guy cuz he plays well ? wat else did i mention about him besides his name and that he is good anyways...? instead of knocking my post when im trying to get some good pool storys and calling me a " pool dectective " how about dont say anything if u have nothing good to say ? How do u feel bout me knocking ur response now ? " what are u ? some kind of forum dectective ?" i dont think this is right...jus because i cursed in my last post without realizing it ? i did apologize...it dont matter, i dont feel welcome here anymore so this will be my last post...thank yous for reading...still /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

9 Ball Girl
12-10-2002, 12:26 PM
Hey Crzy, don't get crazy on us now. IMO, there's nothing wrong with what you asked. As a matter of fact, this same question was discussed and answered by many of us in a thread some time ago (if I could find the thread I would link it here) and no one had a problem.

Wendy~~gonna go look for the thread /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

eg8r
12-10-2002, 12:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
? i did apologize...it dont matter, i dont feel welcome here anymore so this will be my last post...thank yous for reading...still
<hr /></blockquote>IMHO Popcorn was wrong in posting what he did, but if you are so easily hurt by what he said you probably do not have the spine to endure some of the other posters. Popcorn never said anything bad about you and you quit the board already. LOL I am surprised you still play pool with all the talk that goes on.

eg8r

9 Ball Girl
12-10-2002, 12:33 PM
Here's the thread. Pros and non Pros were mentioned:

http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Board=ccbboard&amp;Number=24317&amp;Foru m=ccbboard&amp;Words=Burrito&amp;Match=Entire%20Phrase&amp;Sea rchpage=0&amp;Limit=25&amp;Old=1year&amp;Main=24245&amp;Search=tru e#Post24317

rackmup
12-10-2002, 01:35 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> I am surprised you still play pool with all the talk that goes on.
<hr /></blockquote>

Ed,

He (she?) definitely couldn't hang with us at the pool hall. Not with all of the verbal venom we spew forth.

Regards,

Ken (eg8r has passed the "Ken Test")

12-10-2002, 02:10 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr><hr /></blockquote>IMHO Popcorn was wrong in posting what he did, but if you are so easily hurt by what he said you probably do not have the spine to endure some of the other posters. Popcorn never said anything bad about you and you quit the board already. LOL I am surprised you still play pool with all the talk that goes on.

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

wrong??? nope, not in my opinion. there is no way in this or any other universe i'm going to get online and start talking about who, around here, is heavy and who ain't.

well, i'll go this far. houston is a very easy town. everyone has stupid money and nobody can shoot worth a darn.

dan...trust me.

Popcorn
12-10-2002, 05:34 PM
If you didn't understand what I was talking about, you don't play pool. Does the term knock mean anything to you? If someone is not a public person, then it is not appropriate to mention them in a public forum good, bad or other wise, by yourself or anybody else. You were soliciting people to do so. I am sorry if you don't see the wrong of it. A lot of players don't care to have their activities discussed, who's playing who, who beat who for how much and so on. I think people who do it just want to feel important by trying to impress people with what they know, but trust me, players don't like it. This is probably one of the oldest unwritten rules in the poolroom that many poolroom squares don't sometimes understand. By the way, I just realized you were the guy who posted the Shi%ing thread. I think you need to learn some manners in general before posting on a forum.

Popcorn
12-10-2002, 05:47 PM
I was not wrong, a forum like this would run rampant with who's gambling with who and so on, if people did not respect others privacy. I think people are pretty good at minding their own business. You don't see any of that stuff here, it is nobody business.

Jimmy Mendoza
12-10-2002, 05:57 PM
Is the Scott Richardson you mentioned in the military? I knew a player by that name in California a while ago. If it is him, I heard he was playing pretty good, but it's been quite a while since I've seen him play.

Tom_In_Cincy
12-10-2002, 06:02 PM
Popcorn,
Oldest unwritten rule.. I hardly agree.. If you do you business in public.. then it is open for public discussion.

If the players don't want anyone to talk about it, then they need to play their matches in private.

I understand why you posted what you did and respect your opinion about the KNOCKING a players game. But, at the same time, it is everyones business if its in the public.

If you determine you financial gambling funds destiny on second or 3rd hand info.. you get what you deserve..

And have you ever heard of the Double KNOCK?

Popcorn
12-10-2002, 07:38 PM
It is a shame that, that is the way people are now. I understand their motivation and wanting to seem smart and impress everyone. Maybe I am just from the old school when people minded their own business. In all seriousness though regarding a forum like this or any forum, printing someone name on a public forum for everyone to see should not be done. Just my opinion I guess.

eg8r
12-10-2002, 08:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hi everyone,
jus curious to know about the local players around your area, who do u think is the better players, how would they compare to the pros...i think that a really good local player can compete with the pros if they dont get intimidated, actually i think some are "pro" they just dont turn pro ?...the best local player ive seen in Brooklyn is Dong, the ppl here from NYC who is the best "non pro" that u have seen play ? <hr /></blockquote>Here is the original post and I would venture to say you are completely wrong. Will you please read the above quote and kindly show me where gambling is mentioned. I do not care about your ability to read into someone elses post and gather their thoughts for them. I think you reacted a little too quickly and could have saved your wonderful insight until the time someone began mentioning players matching up. Until then, you are wrong.

eg8r

eg8r
12-10-2002, 08:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hi everyone,
jus curious to know about the local players around your area, who do u think is the better players, how would they compare to the pros...i think that a really good local player can compete with the pros if they dont get intimidated, actually i think some are "pro" they just dont turn pro ?...the best local player ive seen in Brooklyn is Dong, the ppl here from NYC who is the best "non pro" that u have seen play ? <hr /></blockquote> I offer the same to you as to popcorn, in all your wonderful insight, please read the above post and show me where gambling is mentioned. I thought you were above putting words into his mouth but in print they were not there. I don't know his intention for the post and you are just speculating. You guys might be right in your ASSumptions but you are definitely speculating and that is what I am calling wrong. His first post and he gets slammed, pretty weak on the CCB.

eg8r

eg8r
12-10-2002, 08:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hi everyone,
jus curious to know about the local players around your area, who do u think is the better players, how would they compare to the pros...i think that a really good local player can compete with the pros if they dont get intimidated, actually i think some are "pro" they just dont turn pro ?...the best local player ive seen in Brooklyn is Dong, the ppl here from NYC who is the best "non pro" that u have seen play ? <hr /></blockquote> I offer the same to you as to popcorn, in all your wonderful insight, please read the above post and show me where gambling is mentioned. I thought you were above putting words into his mouth but in print they were not there. I don't know his intention for the post and you are just speculating. You guys might be right in your ASSumptions but you are definitely speculating and that is what I am calling wrong. His first post and he gets slammed, pretty weak on the CCB.

eg8r &lt;~~~Sticking up for the newbie

eg8r
12-10-2002, 08:07 PM
Ken, I almost quit when I first started playing with you and OPC, but I have perservered. Now I am helping out the newbies on the board. LOL

eg8r

Tom_In_Cincy
12-10-2002, 08:26 PM
PopCorn
Please don't get me wrong, I am on your side, but there is this new generation that has a different concept of gambling, knocking, detective and just plain nosey. They are what is paying the rent at the Pool Halls now...

Gambling at pool belongs in the private places. Private rooms. Its my opinion that any new UPscale pool room would not want the gamblers in the show room, but in the back room. IMO, this 'new generation' make up the majority of the pool "paying" population. Gamblers account for a small percentage.

Whipper Snappers the all are, but they are learning.. slowly.. very slowly..

Chris Cass
12-10-2002, 11:12 PM
Hi cRazy,

I'm a pool hall detective. I see glamor in it. I could be the next, Maxwell Smart. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

If you'd of said, who game in your town do you admire most then, it all would have came out. There's this Karatemom that's been taking off everything. Well, not everything, I hope. hahahha

Regards,

C.C.

Barbara
12-10-2002, 11:52 PM
Agent 99 reporting for duty sir....

/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

9 Ball Girl
12-10-2002, 11:59 PM
Yup. My bud Scott was indeed in the military.

Chris Cass
12-11-2002, 12:29 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> Agent 99 reporting for duty sir....

/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif <hr /></blockquote>

HAHHAHAHAHA

Well, good morning Agent 99. (12:30am) You might have to warm up the T/A for this one, it's a cold one. BTW, did we ever find Jeff with the missing free Talisman Tips? Had the crushed beer cans surgically removed from my spy shoes. Now, going into stealth mode.

Regards,

C.C.~~( the Casstrator )This thread will destruct in 2 seconds.

Perk
12-12-2002, 07:52 AM
I agree with the statement that alot of people shoot equal or better than the so called pros. For one, some of the pros are only pros because they can afford to travel and maintain the tourneys. Top level amatuers match up all the time with these pros. A friend of mine once said:

"Hall of Fame Billiards is the local action spot at the moment. They usually have the strongest players hanging around. Ron Wiseman, John Binion and Alex Pagulyan might be the best of this bunch. I'm sure there are about 10-15 other guys in Detroit a touch under their speed, but could beat these three on any given day."

Its in my opinion that if you want to learn who the players are, get out to your local weekly OPEN tourneys, and see who shows up. The pros sometimes pop in to stay in stroke, and you also see the other top names you might have been looking for.

&lt;--Wondering what purpose getting the nationwide LINE on shooters would serve?

arn3
12-13-2002, 03:11 AM
huh!!??

someone is ALWAYS being talked about in forums like this.

arn3
12-13-2002, 03:20 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Popcorn:</font><hr> It is a shame that, that is the way people are now. I understand their motivation and wanting to seem smart and impress everyone. Maybe I am just from the old school when people minded their own business. In all seriousness though regarding a forum like this or any forum, printing someone name on a public forum for everyone to see should not be done. Just my opinion I guess. <hr /></blockquote>

popcorn,,,"entertainment tonight" and their ilk, newspaper gossip columns(as far back as i've ever known), critics. talking about "celebreties" just IS, and has always been. and even more so in public forums.

snipershot
12-13-2002, 09:30 PM
hi, the best local player in my area is a guy named Randy, he is an excellent 8 ball player, he is probably the best shot i have ever seen in person, he plays an all-out offensive style game which is his one flaw, but his shot-making skills and creativity on the table are absolutely amazing.

CarolNYC
12-14-2002, 05:16 AM
Sorry, Agent 99 is a "Goddess with a HAlo" in disguise,
Okay,one of Charlies Angels reporting for duty-
to answer the original question(NYC area) answer-ALL!:):):):)
Carol~if CRZY wishes to accept this mission?:):):)