PDA

View Full Version : APA, manslaughter, and pool's reputation

Wally_in_Cincy
12-10-2002, 11:24 AM
Well we won our first round of APA playoffs last night. So next week we get to play at Barney's. (As an aside Barney's women's team won first place in Vegas (APA) back around 1994). Barney's is an old neighborhood bar which has steadily declined over the last 20 years. There have been some legendary gambling matches on their 25 year-old (at least) Valley table. Unfortunately a couple weeks ago some drunken idiot got cracked in the head with a pool cue and subsequently died. It wasn't over a pool match. It was about theft. Apparently he thieved the wrong person.

There was another death there in 1998. An older fella won a couple of Ben's off a couple young punks and the punks ambushed him upon his departure. Not only did they get their money back, they also played soccer with the poor fellow's head as he lay on the sidewalk. They both got 20 years.

Ah such is life in Hamiltucky, Ohio. The APA requires me to go to places I would never frequent of my own accord. At least one team had to leave their bar because all the other teams refused to go to their particular venue. They went to Barney's. We play them next week.

5 more months...

5 more months... /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif