PDA

View Full Version : Pool Hall Dreams?

Tom_In_Cincy
12-10-2002, 08:45 PM
How often do you play soo much pool that when you do finally get to sleep, you dream about the rolls?

Have you ever played a rack out (shot by shot) in a dream?

I find that if I play more than 8 hours, my dreams are filled with good games. Funny,,, I never dawg a shot in my dreams..

AM I crazy? or does this happen to anyone else..?
(never mind, I know the answer.. )

Harold Acosta
12-10-2002, 08:53 PM
A 3-4 hour session will be suffice for me to dream about the good and bad rolls, mostly the bad. Sometimes it helps me understand what went wrong. other times it just keeps going 'round and 'round in my head /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

[b]<font color="blue">Billiards is a passionate sport for the mind and soul!</font color>
http://www.thebilliardstour.com/images/starscrash.gif

Sid_Vicious
12-10-2002, 10:11 PM
That is damn interesting, cuz as saturated and engrossed as I have been in pool I have never dreamed of a single thing with pool in it....sid~~~lots of everything else though

Rod
12-10-2002, 10:49 PM
Tom,
I can honestly say I never dream about pool. I might have a time or two, years back but I really don't remember.
I rarely dream or if I do I don't remember them either. Except twice last week, I dreamed I was about to be bit by a snake. I jumped to avoid the snake and ended up on the hardwood floor. I put a bruise on my elbow in the excitement. The next time the snake bit me. So I'm snake bit now, but it didn't effect the way I played today. Must have been a friendly bite. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

=k=
12-11-2002, 07:10 AM
hey rod ! do you know the difference between a snake and a tequila worm? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

BillPorter
12-11-2002, 11:39 AM
Tom, I don't think you are nuts as I too have had some "pool dreams." (But then, maybe I'm nuts!) Anyway, just like you, I don't think I ever choke on a shot in my dreams. I haven't had all that many pool dreams, but if I play intensely for a few hours it may happen.

Rod
12-11-2002, 11:54 AM
K, I hope so, I never did like that worm!

Tom_In_Cincy
12-11-2002, 08:53 PM
Maybe we are both nuts.. Hope to see ya this Saturday.. if I don't have to work again..

12-12-2002, 12:02 AM
well, interesting thread. when i read the opening post and the first response i was thinking..."what's wrong with me? i never dream about pool." then i read some more and i started thing.."what's wrong with them? they never dream of pool too."

then i read about rod's snake. now, let me just say, i"m not a strict freudian and sometimes a cigar is just a cigar" but still.......

seems like there ought to be a way to be hypnotized into dreaming what you want. i'd like to have some of those hundred-ball runs afore i die.

dan...dreaming of warmer drier weather.

12-12-2002, 12:51 PM
I've dreamt about pool, but I rarely get to actually shoot. Usually the balls are not balls at all, but in one instance they were cabbages and another time they were large, not-round rocks. Very frustrating! According to a dream analyst, that means I start things and don't finish them which happens to be all too true.

Karla

SPetty
12-12-2002, 02:06 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Karla_in_IA:</font><hr> ... the balls are not balls at all, but ... they were cabbages ...<hr /></blockquote>Hi Karla,

How funny! At least you weren't dreaming about coleslaw wrestling /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

http://www.sopotnickscabbagepatch.com/yuck.jpg

12-12-2002, 02:45 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Karla_in_IA:</font><hr> According to a dream analyst, that means I start things and don't finish them which happens to be all too true.
Karla <hr /></blockquote>

My way around such things is that I don't start anything! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Tom_In_Cincy
12-12-2002, 03:05 PM
houstonDan
I remember a long time ago, I had trouble getting to sleep, so a friend suggested focusing on something you liked to do that would make you tired.

I use to think about playing golf, walking by myself, teeing up on #1 hole, a par 5 , and hitting the perfect drive right down the fairway, walking (every step) up to the ball and hitting my next shot onto the green.. then two putting for birdie.

I was usally asleep by the 3rd hole.

100 ball runs.. are really just a dream for me.. 50 is closer to reality.

I also have nightmares about work.. LOL

nAz
12-12-2002, 03:10 PM
Tom last night, i mean this morning when i got back from a pool tourny in Conn. all i saw was balls rolling along a table when i closed my eyes.
funny thing was that i dreamed that i opened a cool Pool hall!
if i had the money id know exactly how the decor would look, the dream was so detailed... Sigh /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Harold Acosta
12-12-2002, 05:10 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote houstondan:</font><hr>
dan...dreaming of warmer drier weather. <hr /></blockquote>

[b]It's only 4 hours from DFW or Houston to Puerto Rico!

[b]<font color="blue">Billiards is a passionate sport for the mind and soul!</font color>
http://www.thebilliardstour.com/images/starscrash.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
12-13-2002, 08:25 AM
This is true. Right before I woke up this morning I dreamed I came home to a tattered 11 x 17 envelope lying in my doorway and it was Mr. Ingrate's Mosconi Cup tapes /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif . I went straight to the VCR to dub them so I could send them to the next person.

Last Wednesday I dreamed I was at a pool tourney in a 5-story building. The tables were made to fit in the available space, they were all 4 feet wide but all different lengths. That was weird. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

snipershot
12-13-2002, 10:01 PM
i play pool quite avidly as well,it is the last thing i think when i go to bed and the first thing i think when i wake up, but i have never dreamed of anything even pool related, i wished i did so that i got an excellent sleep every night for the rest of my life.Maybe i should try playing even more pool so that this will happen. All this talk about pool makes me want to play pool right now so i will stop talking and go down to the bar to play for real!
See everyone later