PDA

View Full Version : Sad news about Kim Davenport..

Pogue
12-11-2002, 01:39 AM
I don't know how many of you keep track of rec.sport.billiard, and alt.sport.pool, but the news is that Kim Davenport had his dominant eye damgaged by a golf ball. It is possible that he will be permanently blind in that eye. The doctors are working on it now.. This has been confirmed by multiple sources.

Pogue

Cueless Joey
12-11-2002, 02:37 AM
OMG! Kim is one of the few nice guys in pool.

CarolNYC
12-11-2002, 03:32 AM
If this is true, my prayers go out to him!
Carol

nAz
12-11-2002, 03:42 AM
OMG that is terrible News, but if anyone can learn to paly with his other Eyes its him. that man wont just quit.

Chris Cass
12-11-2002, 06:04 AM
This is sad news. God has a way of taking care of his children and friends have a way in letting him know it. My prayers go out to this legend and good guy.

C.C.

Tom_In_Cincy
12-11-2002, 08:03 AM
I hope this is some kind of mistake. If not, its a terrible thing to happen to Kim.

Kim Davenport was Player of the year in the early 90s and played some great matches with Pool's great players.

His recent showings at some of the Pro tournaments has been exciting. I was thinking that Kim was back in the pack again.

I hope its not true.. but if it is, Kim's a fighter.. best of luck to Kim.

wolfdancer
12-11-2002, 11:46 AM
Russ, the news frm Reno is that Kim lost, regained, and then lost vision again in the damaged eye. It seems to be a good sign that his vision had returned temporarily; perhaps when the trauma has abated, his sight will be restored. My understanding of the injury was that it occurred on a Fla golf course, and was caused by a mower, kicking up a stone. Kim was the defending Sands Reno champion, and a N.Cal fan favorite. I've been fortunate to have played a couple of rounds of golf with him, and he's pretty good at that game, as well

Rod
12-11-2002, 11:52 AM
Jeez that's bad news, Kim is one the good guys, and a stroke straight as an arrow. Hopefully his vision will be restored.

9 Ball Girl
12-11-2002, 02:15 PM
My thoughts and prayers to Kim.