PDA

View Full Version : Voodoo invades Texas!!!

Voodoo Daddy
12-11-2002, 06:46 AM
Without going into great detail, I will be in Texas 1-1-03 through 1-9-03...spend the majority of time outside of Dallas with a weekend jaunt to Austin. It wouldnt be bad to meet a few CCB'ers while I'm there, play some pool, have a few adult beverages....name the pool room and the day and we'll find it, me and my girl. Waiting on some replies... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

eg8r
12-11-2002, 07:28 AM
Voodoo, I welcome you to Billy Weirs. It is a little drive from Dallas but well worth it. They have brand new Diamond Pro tables. Rackmup, OnePocketChamp, Ward, and Jbullerj all play there. This might be a great time to have SPetty, Spiderman, and Sid_Vicious to come out west. You all could carpool out here and save some gas.

I think this would be a great time. I don't generally partake in the adult beverages, but I will definitely be there.

eg8r

Ward
12-11-2002, 09:16 AM
Count me in. I do like the cold beer.. Set up the dates

Later
Ward

Chris Cass
12-11-2002, 10:41 AM
Oh Boy,

Watch out, for the water bottle. He's dangerous with that thing. He'll talk so nice then walk away and bamm, your dripping wet. Mark my words you Texicanny dude's, don't turn around.

Regards,

C.C.~~knows he's got one coming sooner or later. /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

CarolNYC
12-11-2002, 11:23 AM
Gettum Steve,
Safe trip!
love ya, Carol

SpiderMan
12-11-2002, 12:18 PM
Hey Voodoo,

Sid V, Spetty, myself, and several local players who don't post here like to occasionally spend a Saturday at Click's on Skillman in Dallas. They have both 8- and 9-foot Brunswicks and an incredible deal of all-day play for only $3. Leaves a lot of spare change to pay for those "adult beverages". PM me if you will have a Saturday free, I'll give you some cell numbers and we'll try to set something up.

BTW, we're mostly bikers, will you have your ride?

SpiderMan

Sid_Vicious
12-11-2002, 12:25 PM
Where are you staying when you get here? sid

eg8r
12-11-2002, 12:26 PM
That is right. Someone must have warned you before hand. LOL

Eg8r

SPetty
12-11-2002, 12:33 PM
There's only one weekend in that range of dates, and you're going to be spending that in Austin??!? I'm afraid it would pretty much be physically impossible for me to make it over to Billy Weir's any time other than a weekend. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

You'll be "outside of Dallas" - what direction from Dallas would that be? Maybe some of us could get together one evening. I play leagues on Wednesday and Thursday nights - I know Spiderman and Sid_Vicious play on Wednesdays, but I don't know if they play other nights...

Let's work this out! It would be great to meet you. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Barbara
12-11-2002, 12:57 PM
Watch out Texas!!! The Big Guy's Coming!!

Boy, are you guys gonna have FUN!!

Barbara~~~enjoys Voodoo's and Kato's company very much! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

rackmup
12-12-2002, 12:55 AM
OPC and I play in leagues on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday nights. My little girl will be leaving from her visit here on 01/02 and I will be in Austin on that day seeing her off at the airport.

I definitely want to match you up against OPC for some one-hole. He needs a real opponent as his head is way too big after beating up on me and eg8r.

Regards,

Ken

OnePocketChamp
12-12-2002, 09:08 PM
Voodoo bring it on!!! Work out the schedule with Rackmup and then lets bang some balls, now for the adult beverages, Clicks on Skillman has a very nice wine list!!!!

CarolNYC
12-14-2002, 04:44 AM
WARNING:
STEVE PLAYS EXTREMELY WELL!
Carol~did I let the cat outta the bag?:):):):)

9 Ball Girl
12-14-2002, 09:42 AM
Did he whip out the "Deadly Finger"? /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

CarolNYC
12-15-2002, 04:34 AM
Hey Wendy,
He told me ALL about that-he didnt need the finger-(I'll give him a finger,ha ha ha ha-only kidding!
Carol~misses Miami!

Voodoo Daddy
12-15-2002, 04:41 AM
I didnt pull the deadly finger pool on my NY friends this trip...maybe when I come up that way...maybe!!!

12-15-2002, 09:38 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote rackmup:</font><hr> OPC and I play in leagues on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday nights. My little girl will be leaving from her visit here on 01/02 and I will be in Austin on that day seeing her off at the airport.

I definitely want to match you up against OPC for some one-hole. He needs a real opponent as his head is way too big after beating up on me and eg8r.

Regards,

Ken <hr /></blockquote>

ok, i'f'n y'all are p.m'n on this thing, i'd like to get in the loop.

sounds like fun.

dan

SPetty
12-16-2002, 08:00 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote houstondan:</font><hr>...i'd like to get in the loop<hr /></blockquote>houstondan and voodoo? I don't think I could stand it. All y'all please make sure I'm in on this loop thing too!

First round's on me! (Maybe last round too...)

SPetty~~~ "First round's on me"&lt;-- should keep me in the loop, ya think?

12-16-2002, 03:11 PM
I'll be in Austin then. I'll play but since I'm 16 I don't know about the 'adult beverages.'

SpiderMan
12-16-2002, 05:03 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote OnePocketChamp:</font><hr> Voodoo bring it on!!! Work out the schedule with Rackmup and then lets bang some balls, now for the adult beverages, Clicks on Skillman has a very nice wine list!!!! <hr /></blockquote>

Yes, they do .... Ripple, Mad Dog, and, for those wanting a little bubbly .... sparkling Muscatel /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SpiderMan

Chris Cass
12-16-2002, 06:14 PM
Ahhh,

The good stuff A.

/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif,

C.C.

Chris Cass
12-16-2002, 06:30 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote ddb182:</font><hr> "Trying is the first step towards failier."
[ QUOTE ]

Hi ddb182,

16 is a great time to learn. I will give you something that will serve you well. Your signature phrase, isn't complete and sounds negative. True, trying is the first step towards failier but failier, is the first step to attaining greatness.

Blink 182? Check it out: Fat Lip, and Still Waiting. Sum41. After listening to Still Waiting lastnight I'm glad I didn't have any guitars laying around and the S.W. was in the case. Felt like smashing something. LOL

Peace my young friend,

C.C.

rackmup
12-17-2002, 06:51 AM
I will keep everyone in on the happenings of VooDoo's visit. He just has to keep me informed of the dates, times he is available, etc.

OPC and I will get him to all of the right places to meet all of the DFW CCB'ers.

Ken

Voodoo Daddy
12-17-2002, 07:44 AM
Spider...I havent a clue where Skillman is but my lady will. We will in fact have her scooter {The Iron Horse from Hell} but I'm not sure we wanna make the hour ride if the weather is gonna be cold. PM me Spider when you get a chance with your cell number...

eg8r
12-17-2002, 12:35 PM
Voodoo, where are you staying?

eg8r

12-18-2002, 01:27 PM
Ok ... Well I guess its time for me to introduce myself. So far as you see I am VooDoo's Girl, better known as Mel, I reside in Texas as I'm sure most of you have figured that part out, beings the Big One is coming here. I've heard a little about some of you, and I am looking forward to meeting you someday. Beings that VooDoo isnt famliar with the DFW area, if there is in anyway I can help answer some of the questions any of you have, please feel free to ask, Just be careful of what you ask.. hahaha....
Thx,
Mel

9 Ball Girl
12-18-2002, 01:31 PM
Hiya! Welcome aboard!

Wendy~~Mel's got herself a good one! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

CarolNYC
12-18-2002, 01:40 PM
Hey Mel,
How are you-No questions here-all I know is "good things come to those who wait"You take care lady-see you soon!
All my best,(I mean that!)
CarolNYC~knows with Voodoo you dont need a u-haul,ha ha ha

SPetty
12-18-2002, 05:36 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote VooDoosGirl:</font><hr> Ok ... Well I guess its time for me to introduce myself. <hr /></blockquote>Howdy Mel,

Looks like you've got yourself a good one in Voodoo. Can't wait to hear how he got hooked up with a Texas girl!

And, for those of you who don't normally view other poster's profiles, Mel has kindly listed her home page, which has some interesting pictures on it, one of which is this one:

http://members.aol.com/bodyizhot/images/mel3.jpg

Wowee!

Barbara
12-18-2002, 05:46 PM
Hi Mel,

From what I've heard when I got the opportunity to buy Voodoo lunch On Sunday (I owed him BIG TIME from the night before), you are going to be in some very large and capable hands soon!!

Take care of the Big Guy and give him a hug from me!!

Barbara~~~happy for Mel... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

rackmup
12-18-2002, 07:10 PM
I'm looking forward to meeting both of you. I'll be in your "neck of the woods" on 12/23 (I have to pick up my daughter at the airport in Austin for a long-awaited 2-week visit!)

See you soon,

Ken

Chris Cass
12-18-2002, 08:22 PM
Hello Mel,

I wish to welcome you to the board and intoduce myself. My name is Chris(Cass)Aiardo. I go by the initials C.C. I first want to say that I'm so happy Voodoo has found you. It was good to hear him smile once again.

He's my best friend. He's the type of person that would shut down all his pain to feel yours. A true hero and true American. His heart is one that I've known to be bigger than your home state. He's my brother although, not related we are as close as ones you could get.

I won't say much more about Voodoo except, I love and respect this man dearly. He'd cut off his arm to help me and I know this. One call of help and it's to the airport and on his way. That's the man you've hooked up with. He's a proud man and has a code in which he lives by.

He can take many things on the chin with a smile but is also a man once he's been burnt, look out. This man will be the best thing for any woman but God forgive the woman that trys to hurt him. There's no second chances. I know your for him as he's told me. Thanks for making my big baby brother happy again.

So, basically I'm his older, smaller brother seperated at birth and there for you as well.

Regards,

C.C.~~ /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Have ya met the ankle bitter? He's my other brother Kato. He's another in the family.

Rich R.
12-19-2002, 05:23 AM
Welcome, Mel. You have found a great guy and, I'm sure, you ain't too shabby your self.
Come back often and join in our fun. This is just one large family here. We are all a little sick, but that is what attracks us to each other.

12-19-2002, 07:56 PM
Id like to thank all of you for such a warm welcome...VooDoo speaks alot of his family here, and from what I can tell most of you bring him alot of happiness as well....SPetty ? &lt; blushing &gt; Glad you enjoyed my home page.
haha...CC? I agree with you.. VooDoo is one heck of a man...and I give you my word, I will do all I can to keep that smile on his face...Althought He is Rotten.... &lt;grinz&gt;
I wouldnt give him up for anything in this world, He is my Everything...
Again, Im looking forward to meeting those of you that I can...and again, Thank you all for such a great welcome....

Tom_In_Cincy
12-19-2002, 08:43 PM
VoodoosGirl (aka Mel)

You must be one helluva woman.. to tackle that big lug's heart, soul and body..

I'm the one that took that pic of Steve on your website..

Great guy, and if he says your OK... then you are automatically one of his big happy family.. can't wait for a family get together.. Hugs and Kisses..

SpiderMan
12-20-2002, 01:38 PM
Hey CC,

Blink 182 - The CD in our PH's jukebox has the song about humping the family pet as a bonus track that doesn't show up on the list, but it can still be played. Now and then I'll queue it up just to watch everyone's face when it hits.

BTW, I'm going by my mailbox after work today.

SpiderMan

SpiderMan
12-20-2002, 01:43 PM
Phone number sent.

Sid_Vicious
12-31-2002, 08:23 AM
Rackmup...What's your working situation this week? I'm better supplied this holiday with time off(no, not laid off, whew!) Anyway I've had cues is my case for 5 days without hitting a ball, but I have to admit that I did sneak it out for a little air-pool. Addiction all the way. Let me know the particulars about Voodoo's appearances, maybe I'll find another jump in the Lucasi for'em ;-) sid

Sid_Vicious
12-31-2002, 08:46 AM
Excuse me for not understanding the logistics, but are you in Austin or Dallas? I assume in Austin, and if so will you still be around during the weekdays here in the DFW area while Voodoo is visiting. Again, I apologize if I missed this information in earlier messages...the sixties, what can I cay? ;-)

Hopefully see ya shortly...sid

SPetty
01-02-2003, 08:39 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote rackmup:</font><hr> I will keep everyone in on the happenings of VooDoo's visit. OPC and I will get him to all of the right places to meet all of the DFW CCB'ers.<hr /></blockquote>Howdy,

Has anyone heard anything more about Voodoo's visit? The last I heard, he left Florida, but I haven't heard a thing since. I know rackmup has been busy with his own little girl... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Anyone? Anything?

Kato
01-03-2003, 06:56 AM
Susan, Voodoo called me yesterday and started the process. It's out of my hands. He's a little busy but I know he's gonna try and make some time.

Kato~~~close the borders until Voodoo's ready to come home.

TomBrooklyn
01-03-2003, 09:05 AM
Austin is about 200 miles south of Dallas.
Map: http://mappoint.msn.com/(euhydg55pfvuhp45oia4vu55)/directions.aspx?&amp;StartName=Dallas%2c+Texas%2c+Unit ed+States&amp;StartLocation=32.77714%2c-96.79619&amp;EndName=Austin%2c+Texas%2c+United+States&amp; EndLocation=30.27356%2c-97.74348&amp;DataSetLangID=USA%2c409&amp;RouteType=Quickes t&amp;RouteUnit=Miles

Sid_Vicious
01-03-2003, 10:02 AM
I know the road to Austin, just did not understand whether the lady was FROM Austin or not...sid

TomBrooklyn
01-03-2003, 10:55 AM
I figured you knew where it was Sid. I didn't know where these places were that were being talked about, so I looked it up. I figured some others may be curious.

Sid_Vicious
01-03-2003, 11:27 AM
Sorry for the snappy response Tom. Austin is actually very drivable for a weekend visit. Heck if I hadn't just made two drives there over the last 2 weeks, I'd consider finding the Voodoo Man down there, but I've seen about as much of that landscape as I can stand for a while...sid