PDA

View Full Version : Poor showing last night

nAz
12-11-2002, 11:22 AM
Got spanked last night at a local 9B Tourny. i expected to do better!
lost 7-3 but the guy plays 2 balls better then me and was just playing perfect so i can live with that. /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Played 3C for $30 a set race to 10 won 3 games. I have not played in a long time but i got hot ran 7 and had a couple of 5s it made up for the whole night im happy again! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Popcorn
12-11-2002, 11:53 AM
Your a man after my own heart. I love to play very short games of 3-C, no more then 10 points. Most players want to play 30 point games or even more which is fine, but to gamble the shorter the better. I use to play one guy 5 point games for $100. a game. He could give me 10 on 40 but in the short game I always won. I think it scared him to death to play such a sudden death game. Another good gambling game on the billiard table is to play 5 point no count (can be any number 2, 3 whatever) and you have option to use either cueball for the first point. Once you score a point you continue to use that cueball for the rest of the run. You don't keep score, the first to run five wins. Any number of players can play. If you run the five your turn ends and the rest of the players left in the inning have a chance to tie. If one of the players also run a 5 it is a push and the game starts over raising the bet, same as the skins game in golf. It is a lot of fun in a room with only one billiard table because more players can play. I am sorry if all I ever seem to talk about is gambling.

nAz
12-11-2002, 12:01 PM
Im not much of a gambler especially at 3C. i thought 10 points was a short game but 5 WoW lol.

thats a nice game 5 point run to win with four players too bad there are SO few billiard players around here.

cheesemouse
12-11-2002, 01:11 PM
Hey Popcorn,
Don't appologize for the gamble. Some of us here can't get up our 'A' game unless it is for the gamble, tournament match or blood. I don't mind recreational pool in the least but if I want to play my best it ain't going to happen playing for kicks. Some think gambling gives pool a bad name. I for one prefer to deal with what's in front of my nose, that maybe 'old school' but as Popeye says "I am what I am".
I haven't been posting much lately but I lurks abit and I can tell you've been to the county fair. Post what you are and be happy with it cause no matter what you post some will line-up on the other side of the fence and next to playing for the cash that's fine cause I like to argue second best....heheheh LOL LOL /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif