PDA

View Full Version : Wrong shot

Karatemom
12-11-2002, 12:28 PM
Last night at leagues, I played a shot that I realized I shouldn't have taken. I believe I took the wrong shot first. What do you think?

START(
%Bk9L7%Dk3M8%Ep2W2%Fq2E4%Ho3X7%Mm9H0%O^9R7%Pn9S2%Q r0D9%Rq0V3
%Sl2M3%Wp7F8%Xo0R5%Y`3U0%Zh5C8%[j2C7%\p2E6%eB2`5
)END

I've got solids. I shot the 6 and came around for the 5 for angle to break up the cluster. It worked great, but the 2 went to the rail and had to play safe because I had no shot on the 4.

Something tells me that I should have left the 6 where it was because it was blocking the hole.

As it turned out, I ended up banking the 2 in the side, shooting the 4 and then the 8 for the win. But I was wondering, how would you have played this shot?

Heide

ChrisW
12-11-2002, 01:24 PM
Its really hard to say you took the wrong shot since you ended up winning.
From what I can tell I would have started with a soft shot on the five so I could still shoot the six like you did but only softer so I could shoot the four past the eight. Depending on my leave on the four I would either bump the two foward so I could shoot it by the thirteen or suck the cueball back off the four so I could shoot the two passed the eight as well.
I think whether a shot is right or wrong depends on how you shoot most of the time and what you are comfortable with. So really a wrong shot is only a shot that "someone else" would not take.

Chris

9 Ball Girl
12-11-2002, 01:29 PM
I would've done the same as ChrisW. Like he said, since you did win, it wasn't really the "wrong" shot. I think you just made it a little harder on yourself. And I use harder loosely since you banked that sucker right in!

Rod
12-11-2002, 02:16 PM
Hi Heide,
I don't know as it was the wrong shot. When you break out balls it's a good to have an idea where there going though. Your best opiton might have been to hit the left side of the 4 at a slow speed sending the c/b down table. You never know, besides it's good to get agressive sometimes. I see way to many games where players duck when they could run. Sometimes that backfires from being to cautious.

Karatemom
12-11-2002, 03:58 PM
I'm at the point in my game where I can see where to hit the ob 95% of the time. My position and strategy are my 2 weakest points. I have a general idea of where the ob and cb will go, but nothing precise. This will take practice and playing to figure out.

I play aggressively most of the time. Just recently do I see safety shots and execute them well.

Heide

Karatemom
12-11-2002, 04:02 PM
When I played safe and sat down for my opponent to shoot, something inside told me that I took the wrong shot earlier. That there was a better way of doing it, but just didn't see it in time.

The more perspectives I can get, the more options I have available in my game.

Thanks,

Heide

Karatemom
12-11-2002, 04:06 PM
I saw that bank was so dead, I just had to take it. I could have played safe again, but thought, "What the heck". It turned out beautiful, but like I told ChrisW, the more perspectives I get on my particular shots, the more options I will have later. Still have so much to learn, glad I'm starting to get some of it /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

Heide