PDA

View Full Version : UPA/Behrman agreement

12-11-2002, 01:46 PM
I spoke with Phil Muller VP of the United Pool Players Association this afternoon.
Phil informed me that the UPA has reached a contractual agreement with Brady Behrman, promoter of the 2003 Mid Atlantic 9 Ball Championship.
This is a step in the right direction for the most important person in this scenario, the professional pool player. Good going fellows.

Nostroke
12-11-2002, 05:45 PM
Yes that is very good news-I would never have bet on it happening. I think the UPA has eased up on its sanctioning guidelines. I pretty sure in the past all sanctioned events had to be single elimination, race to 15 for one thing and i dont see mention of that anymore at their site. Other requirements were probably eased as well

Ken
12-11-2002, 05:54 PM
I think the primary requirement is 1,000 bucks into the Little Dictator's greedy little hands. This takes away from the prize fund but the other requirement is that the money be virtually guaranteed to go to the UPAyours members by giving them prime seeding.

This is a great shame and I'm disappointed in this state of affairs. The UPAyours should be allowed to die an ignominious death and the sooner the better.
KenCT