PDA

View Full Version : Holyfield vs. Byrd

Karatemom
12-12-2002, 08:42 PM
This Saturday, Evander Holyfield vs. Chris Byrd. Who do you think will win, or who do you want to win?

Holyfield's got my vote. I can't stand the way Byrd fights, talk about duck and cover!

Heide ~ big boxing fan

9 Ball Girl
12-12-2002, 08:51 PM
Holyfield?! I can't believe you want a guy that can't take a little nibble on the ear to win! /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif He's got my vote too. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Wendy~~will miss the fight due to a Super Tourney /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Tom_In_Cincy
12-12-2002, 10:57 PM
Atta girl.. pool over Boxing.. my kind of priorities...

Karatemom
12-12-2002, 11:04 PM
Actually, I think Holyfield took that little nibble quite well. There are quite a few fighters that would have acted a lot differently.

No tourneys here for me this weekend. Might practice, but still need to put up the Christmas tree, do some baking, and finish up some shopping.

Good luck.

Heide

nAz
12-12-2002, 11:06 PM
i want to see Luis Vs. Jones different weight i know, but i still would like to see it.

nAz
12-12-2002, 11:07 PM
Wheres Felex Trinida? one lost and he quit? cant be.

Karatemom
12-12-2002, 11:25 PM
Haven't heard much about Trinidad lately. Hector Camacho is another one who seemed to have dropped off the face of the earth lately. Guess they can't handle losing /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif. Camacho could be focusing his attention on his son though.

There used to be a fighter named James Thunder. We looked forward to all his fights. Then after a while, never saw him again. He was a big Hawaiian dude, good fighter, too.

I did hear that the winner of the Luis/Jones fight and Holyfield/Byrd fight will match up within the year. I'd like to see Roy Jones Jr. vs. Evander Holyfield come next year. I bet that'd be a much better fight than the sham of Lewis vs Tyson - what a joke!

Heide ~ will be glued to the tv Sat night

Kato
12-13-2002, 07:39 AM
Hector Camacho is in his 40's and definitely high time he hung it up. He can't do much other than beat tomatoe cans. James Thunder was or is a great physical speciman but when he stepped up to mid level competition a few years back he couldn't win. They managed to prop him up against anyone he could beat and make some money but he was never a threat. The Jones/Ruiz fight still to my knowledge doesn't have a firm date. Roy Jones didn't even bother to show up for the first publicity press conference. He also said he'd never fight for Don King which he's doing or says he's doing. One of my friends who is a boxer and very knowledgeable on the subject believes Jones will not show up to fight and will figure out a way out of it. I'll root for Holyfield in the fight but I can't see for the life of me how he can win. He just doesn't throw enough punches and Bryd who fights like a sissy will pitter pat him and win a 12 round decision.

Kato

Chris Cass
12-13-2002, 11:39 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr>James Thunder was or is a great physical speciman but when he stepped up to mid level competition a few years back he couldn't win. They managed to prop him up against anyone he could beat and make some money but he was never a threat.
Bryd who fights like a sissy will pitter pat him and win a 12 round decision.
Kato <hr /></blockquote>

Hi Kato,

Hector should retire. Thunder's got a solid punch but no speed and speed kicked his career out the door the last fight he fought. Byrd, has a style that makes the best fighters skills look bad. I personally would like him to get popped just once in the face. That guy fights like he was in the Matrix.

Regards,

C.C.~~my 02.

Kato
12-13-2002, 12:00 PM
Good analysis.

Kato

Voodoo Daddy
12-13-2002, 09:56 PM
Holyfield is a womanizer...a cheater. Tyson in the street would hand him his ass, I'm rootin for Byrd. Camacho in his day was as fast as Chris Cass runnin from the water bottle...he twisted a fighter named "Bazooka" Limon once from against the ropes...classic. Trinadad will return when the money becomes inticing enough. Too bad Holyfield is so old...Roy Jones could put the 11 pounds on and beat him like a runaway slave!!!

Harold Acosta
12-13-2002, 10:24 PM
Tito catered to the wishes of the Puerto Rican people, who didn't want to see him get "punch drunk" like Ali, Wilfred Benitez and Wilfred "Bazooka" Gomez. Glorious boxers who gave their all to the sport, only to suffer harsh consequences for the punches taken during their careers. I for one, support Trinidad's position for retiring from the ring. He is still young and should "live to the fullest" with a clear mind and some of his dough ($$$).

Cueless Joey
12-13-2002, 10:52 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Voodoo Daddy:</font><hr> Holyfield is a womanizer...a cheater. Tyson in the street would hand him his ass, I'm rootin for Byrd. Camacho in his day was as fast as Chris Cass runnin from the water bottle...he twisted a fighter named "Bazooka" Limon once from against the ropes...classic. Trinadad will return when the money becomes inticing enough. Too bad Holyfield is so old...Roy Jones could put the 11 pounds on and beat him like a runaway slave!!! <hr /></blockquote>
Surely you Jest.
Holyfield schooled the one-dimensional Tyson, TWICE. Of course, Mikey has dangerous fangs. Speaking of womanizer, Mikey's a convicted rapist, twice divorced and goes to nudie bars like a truck driver.
Miss Jones beat Holyfield? Puleez! Miss Jones had a chance to fight Holy when Holy was the champ but dogged out. Hell, Miss Jones dogged out of Savarese and Douglas too. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Tito is retired for good. Oscar talked to him in PR and Tito ain't fightin' no more. He took a lot of beating from Hopkins and incurred some brain damage. He granted his fans one last hurrah fight and packed it in.

Voodoo Daddy
12-14-2002, 07:57 PM
Disclaimer; I love talkin' boxing and I have strong opinions, nothing taken to heart by myself or hopefully Joey...

Surely you Jest.
Holyfield schooled the one-dimensional Tyson, TWICE. Of course, Mikey has dangerous fangs. Speaking of womanizer, Mikey's a convicted rapist, twice divorced and goes to nudie bars like a truck driver.
__________________________________________________ __________
Response; I did fail to mention Tyson's social shortcomings...but in the street he WOULD do Evander in.
Miss Jones beat Holyfield? Puleez! Miss Jones had a chance to fight Holy when Holy was the champ but dogged out. Hell, Miss Jones dogged out of Savarese and Douglas too.
Response; Roy Jones ducked Savarese and Douglas? My grandma has better skill's than those two...you must be a Jim Rome fan... /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Tito is retired for good. Oscar talked to him in PR and Tito ain't fightin' no more. He took a lot of beating from Hopkins and incurred some brain damage. He granted his fans one last hurrah fight and packed it in. <hr /></blockquote>
Response; Bernard did put one on Felix...but he did punk out the sissy west coast so-called "Champion" Oscar "I sing on /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif MTV Latino" de la Hoya....but thats my opinion!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!

Cueless Joey
12-15-2002, 01:09 AM
Oldfield showed age tonite. Then he pulls his lame excuse of injured shoulder in the first round. He won't retire. He's probably praying for Tyson to beat Byrd ( I dunno how Tyson can catch Byrd with a bat let alone gloves nowadays) and make one last good payday to support his 17 kids.
Admit it Voodoo, you have Oscar's CD and prayed for his Latino Grammy nomination. I have sad news for you. Oscar PAID for that nomination. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Btw, heavyweights today sukk. Nothing like the heavies of the 70's. Hell, Ken Norton would knouck out Fruiz and Byrdy on one night. Hell, Ken didn't even win one title fight in the 70's. Joe Frazier and Foreman would send these two "champions" to the hospital. Ali would schools these two and make them look like sparring partners.

Chris Cass
12-15-2002, 01:33 AM
All I know is, I'm sick to my stomach. Holyfield just gave up. He's a fighter and Byrd is a slap boxer with all the style of a pimp slapping bitch. IMO

Byrd makes any fighter look bad with his style of boxing. If that's what you call it. I'm sorry, it makes me want to peuk.

My .02 and if they ever honor this fighter with anything, I'll give up watching boxing.

C.C.

JohnnyD
03-11-2012, 10:23 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Karatemom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This Saturday, Evander Holyfield vs. Chris Byrd. Who do you think will win, or who do you want to win?

Holyfield's got my vote. I can't stand the way Byrd fights, talk about duck and cover!

Heide ~ big boxing fan </div></div>I hope mohammed makes a comeback.

Soflasnapper
03-12-2012, 10:03 AM
I know most of the people who posted in this thread over 10 years ago, as you probably do not.

So I presume you do not know that Chris Cass passed away to the great sorrow of his friends on the board and off and his family, or that Heide/Karatemom is now his widow.

I found this very jarring, and can't imagine how much worse others close to them might feel upon this thread's resurfacing.

I respectfully ask you to delete your weak joke, and I will delete my reply, to allow this thread to resubmerge into the mists of board history.

Qtec
03-13-2012, 08:44 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I know most of the people who posted in this thread over 10 years ago, as you probably do not.

So I presume you do not know that Chris Cass passed away to the great sorrow of his friends on the board and off and his family, or that Heide/Karatemom is now his widow.

I found this very jarring, and can't imagine how much worse others close to them might feel upon this thread's resurfacing.

I respectfully ask you to delete your weak joke, and I will delete my reply, to allow this thread to resubmerge into the mists of board history.

</div></div>

I was here at the time. CC was a well respected poster here.

I didn't know him personally but in those days, a lot of members here did know him personally and he had universal respect, so his death was hard felt.

I don't know why these guys pull up threads from years ago with posts from people who are no longer here or in some cases have passed away.
I don't get it. I just wish they would stop.

Q