PDA

View Full Version : Last Night in Playoffs

silverbullet
12-13-2002, 01:53 PM
I wasnt going to post about this but some of my good ccb friends thought I should.

We started apa playoffs last night. In the first match, our five beat their five. Close race. In the second race, they did not have a 7 so put up their best 6 and ww won.The six shot well, though.

Third match. They put up their best four. We have 2 fours who could not have beat him in a dead even match, no handicap,and a medium ball banging three.

They put me up against the good four as a 'dump'. It was close every single game but in the end, I had beaten him and best of all, we got to go home before 11pm and cuddle and dream of pool, pool and more pool.

I noticed some things i did. I missed the long bank to the corner on the 8 due to my lack of practice (0%) with the bridge. I caught myself thinking of position while down on the ball(a couple of times) instead of while standing. I did not miss these shots, but I could have. Did shape average but still need work on that.

Good things. He made some good plays. I made good plays. When I left, he was playing our five to see if he could beat him. Very nice guy.

blu

silverbullet
12-13-2002, 02:08 PM
One more thing. Focus.

The last couple of matches, I was so ultra focused on every shot, I did not hear anything around me.

Last night, I was having much more problem screening out the sounds, even though I was trying real hard to focus.

WW said that was because I was under more pressure last night than playing 2-3 level players. I just think focus is so important. Does this get easier?

blu

Wally_in_Cincy
12-13-2002, 02:18 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote silverbullet:</font><hr>
Does this get easier?
<hr /></blockquote>

Yes, it does.

Congrats on your win. And in the playoffs too /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I used to get nervous every match. Now I usually don't. I also won my playoff match this week. I did not play well simply due to nerves. I have no idea why I was nervous. We are already qualified and we were up 2-0 at that point. I did, however, play well in my last game, just good enough to win.

Fred Agnir
12-13-2002, 03:22 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr>
Congrats on your win. And in the playoffs too /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I used to get nervous every match. Now I usually don't. I also won my playoff match this week. I did not play well simply due to nerves. I have no idea why I was nervous. <hr /></blockquote>
Well, add me to the week of playoffs. BCA, though. Wally, if I don't feel the nerves, then I know I'm in trouble.

BTW, we dominated, so off to the final divisional round.

Fred

silverbullet
12-13-2002, 11:10 PM
GL Fred.

blu