PDA

View Full Version : What Is The Trick To This Trick Shot?

TomBrooklyn
03-10-2002, 09:31 PM
I don't recall the name of it, but many probably know the trick shot where you line up four balls frozen together from the edge of a side pocket in a straight line pointing at the other side pocket. Some say to leave a 1/16" - 1/8" separation between the two middle balls. Lets say you use the one, two, three, and four balls starting from the pocket. The shot involves making the one in the near side, the two straight up the rail, the three goes up, banks and pockets in the corner where your shooting from, and the four goes in the opposite side. I have been trying this shot on and off for years. I almost always make three balls, failing to pocket the long bank. I favor to hit the three a fraction before the two, using draw. I just realized, I've never tried using english... should I be using english to get the appropriate spin on the three ball. The one, two and four are almost automatic and not a problem.

What is the key to pocketing the long bank? Is there a particular way to adjust if it's going too far in and boucing off the rail or not far in enough?

http://endeavor.med.nyu.edu/~wei/pool/pooltable2.html

START(
%A\8[8%B\7Z7%C\6Y5%D\5X6%EN7P0%FL8P0%GL8N7%HN7N8%IM7O3% JL8M5
%KK8P6%LK8N1%ML8Q2%NK8Q8%OK8M0%Pg5Z5%eB9a4
)END

Chris Cass
03-10-2002, 10:07 PM
Hi Tom,
No engish is used. All the balls are frozen togather, no gap. The cb is aligned with the third ball out from the side hole and it's hit withought english in between the second and third ball.

This shot is basically boring for me but it does amuse the general public.
Regards,
C.C.~~the trick to this shot is to have a date shoot it. You'll make the unexpecting woman to see stars for you. Hell, She might even think your brilliant. LOL

03-11-2002, 11:41 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Chris Cass:</font><hr> Hi Tom,
No engish is used. All the balls are frozen togather, no gap. The cb is aligned with the third ball out from the side hole and it's hit withought english in between the second and third ball.

This shot is basically boring for me but it does amuse the general public.
Regards,
C.C.~~the trick to this shot is to have a date shoot it. You'll make the unexpecting woman to see stars for you. Hell, She might even think your brilliant. LOL <hr></blockquote>

Like C.C. said, it's a tame trick shot, but anyway, I leave the Cue just a litte less than even with the 3rd ball out from the rail and shoot for a split hit between 2&amp;3, hitting with a stun stroke.
Mike Messy

Ralph S.
03-11-2002, 05:54 PM
If you want to add a twist to this relatively easy trick shot, place the 5 ball at the other corner pocket on the same end of the table you are shooting from and shoot cue ball with moderate english and make all 5. It is a little tougher but a lot more impressive.
Ralph S.

TomBrooklyn
03-11-2002, 06:02 PM
Many people seem to think this is an easy shot. Have you folks actually made this shot lately? Can you make it consistantly? I think it's easy to make three of the four balls, but difficult to make all four consistantly.

Scott Lee
03-12-2002, 12:53 AM
Tom...It is an easy shot. It can be made with or without english, but a little inside english will "help" the long bank go in for you. You may freeze all four balls...you do not need to leave a gap. Try to the hit right between the two center balls, favoring slightly a hit on the third ball first. Medium speed is required to make all four.

Scott Lee

Jay M
03-12-2002, 07:30 AM
That was actually the very first setup shot I ever learned. If all 4 balls are frozen, they go in naturally. The twist I used to use was to place a fifth ball in the corner on the same side as the cue. Hit with low inside english and the cue will come back down to make the corner ball and then stays put to help the long rail bank fall in. If you miss the original shot, it's usually the long rail bank that doesn't fall so the twist actually makes the shot easier.

Jay M