PDA

View Full Version : I've Never Seen This

9 Ball Girl
12-15-2002, 07:22 PM
So I have to share this with you guys. I was at a 2 day Super Tourney this weekend. On Table 1, the guy breaks, the CB jumps off the table, lands on Table 2 next to that one, and pockets the 9 ball on Table 2! It was hilarious except of course for the players on Table 2. Those 2 started arguing about where the 9 ball was, then they decide to spot the 9 ball and on and on. Finally the TD came over and told them to just replay that game.

Vagabond
12-15-2002, 07:59 PM
That is why some say ``[censored] happens``. cheers
vagabond : /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

12-15-2002, 08:27 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> So I have to share this with you guys. I was at a 2 day Super Tourney this weekend. On Table 1, the guy breaks, the CB jumps off the table, lands on Table 2 next to that one, and pockets the 9 ball on Table 2! It was hilarious except of course for the players on Table 2. Those 2 started arguing about where the 9 ball was, then they decide to spot the 9 ball and on and on. Finally the TD came over and told them to just replay that game. <hr /></blockquote>

i've seen video of moscone doing that on purpose. don't know if it was rigged for the newsreel or what but it was sure neat.

seen it happen a few times, table to table, but haven't done it myself.

dan

Ralph S.
12-15-2002, 10:00 PM
I am glad someone else has seen that happen too. All my buddies told me I was crazy when I said I had witnessed that same situation happen.
Ralph S.

Vapros
12-15-2002, 10:36 PM
Not long ago, in a one-pocket game, I had my game ball in the jaws of my pocket, the cue ball seven feet away on the same long rail, and another ball in between. The guy knocked all three of them off the table! Big guy, as I recall. Real big.

Chris Cass
12-15-2002, 10:40 PM
I know this is hard to believe but I drove 2 billiard balls off a table once. Since then, I've learned that is no easy feat.

Regards,

C.C.~~everyone was shocked, never seen it before.

nAz
12-15-2002, 11:41 PM
3CB balls yes two is very hard to do!

The Rhino Chaser
12-16-2002, 01:46 PM
The crazyiest thing I have ever seen happened at an eight ball tournament. The race was double hill. Player A ran to his last ball and tried to break out the eight. Missing the break out he tried to play an intentional foul without breaking the cluster that contained the eight. Player A then turned and shot whitey straight into the hole. Player A didn't realize that scratching on the eight was an automatic loss. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw what had happened.

12-17-2002, 10:36 AM
I think the funniest break I have seen was one of my friends in a local pool hall, broke, launched the cue over (length-wise) the next table, and right out the door of the hall. As if that wasn't enough, after it went out the door, it subsequently made its way accross the parking lot, and across the street and towards post office a good distacnce away (I don't remember if it actually hit it). Needless to say, the owner was not happy, and was even less happy when my friend, after being told not to break towards the door, launched another cue ball, bouncing off of a table and into a glass case (thankfully it didn't break). Again, needless to say the owner was NOT happy, or amused, but we were all dying laughing.

Wally_in_Cincy
12-17-2002, 11:22 AM
My friend in Pittsburgh has a pool table in her basement with a ball return. She purchased a beautifully framed Guy Buffet print called "Billiards" (I'm not sure but I'd say at least $2000)to hang down there. We had to turn the table 180 degrees so the print was not at the breaking end /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

snipershot
01-02-2003, 04:39 AM
I've heard stories about it happening before but that's
the kind of thing I want to see myself in person.

01-03-2003, 02:55 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> I know this is hard to believe but I drove 2 billiard balls off a table once. Since then, I've learned that is no easy feat.

Regards,

C.C.~~everyone was shocked, never seen it before. <hr /></blockquote>

LOL, that makes me laugh as until about a month ago I often hit 2 balls off the table on accident (sometimes the cue ball stayed on the table even). But now I'm a more controlled pool player /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Kato
01-03-2003, 03:08 PM
I was playing 9-ball with my buddy Benny "Tiles". He hit the 1, the cue ball went straight up and broke the light. The owner came over with the vacuum and we went to the next table where he proceeded to do the same thing again.

Kato~~~we called it a night.

Predator
01-04-2003, 05:08 PM
I was watching two of my friends playing snooker the other day, they were playing for ten cents a point. One of them is known for trying to "shark" the opponent he is playing by talking while they are shooting and moving around in your line of sight and so on. My other friend was about to shoot a long shot on the PINK, when my other friend walked up to the side of the table, in his opponents line of sight. My friend that was shooting, told him to get the
@#$% out of the way. "Why?", he asked. "I'm not in your line of sight, this is just where I happened to be standing before you got up to the table." My other friend said, "Cause it's just bad luck!" He didn't move and said, "Just @#!$%&amp;* shoot!", he said. So my other friend shot hard with a lot of draw. There was a bit of angle on the shot. When the cue ball made contact, it flew off the table, into my other friend's crotch, he grabed his crotch and fell backwards into the table, knocking his Coke over with most of it getting all over him! My friend who was shooting said, "I told you it was bad luck!" Needless to say, my friend and I laughed our assed off for about an hour! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif