PDA

View Full Version : 20/20 vision and our sport

12-15-2002, 08:39 PM
ok lets see....i have poor vision in my right eye (20/70) since i was pretty young ive had glasses and never worn them just because.lately ive been wondering if actually wearing my glasses would help my game or hinder it since i would have to adjust to seeing everything as it really is? anyone else ever had this issue? start wearing and with what results? thx

9 Ball Girl
12-15-2002, 09:31 PM
JJ, I was shooting without glasses or contact lenses. Everything was fuzzy but I still "knew/felt" where to hit it. The long shots were a doosy though. I finally started to wear hard contact lenses and everything was so clear. I did have to "readjust" where I was aiming since I was able to see clearly now but it didn't take long to figure it out. Practice! /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Chris Cass
12-15-2002, 11:05 PM
I would think of corrective lenses or surgery. You'll pull your game up higher than you'll ever know. JMHO

Regards,

C.C.

12-16-2002, 03:34 AM
thx for the input 9-ball and chris...yeah my worst time with this is long cut shots.i think i might just end up going with contacts for "user frendliness".and then get acquainted with the newness *argh*

Perk
12-16-2002, 07:20 AM
I had a pair of glasses for driving, reading, and bowling. I tried them at pool, and couldnt get past the glare, so I chose to not where them. My sight isnt horrible, but with the glasses I definately could see the OB's point of impact better, but I found that I could shoot as well with out, by "feel". Just my thoughts!

AustinFilAm
12-16-2002, 01:33 PM
Get a separate prescription written where you could see clear from 1' - 12'. Then get a rimless or the biggest eyeglasses. I did this and it helped me a lot.

Angelo