PDA

View Full Version : its been a while....

marek
12-16-2002, 06:07 AM
Hi people!
It has been a while since my last post but I have been so busy last month that i couldn find time (or energy) to write any post here... /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif
Well, whats new here? many tournaments were hold, most of them with me in it.. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif The results were mostly good with few disappointments, my game is getting better and better. I have been able to overcome one minor slump too which had been caused by one reoccuring error in my fundamentals (stroke hand too forward on the cue). Recently I started to play on snooker table as well to improve my level of concentration on shots. Damn its hard to play on it but its rewarding!!! I have almost eliminated stupid mistakes I sometimes did due to the lack of concetration. Also it makes my "comfort zone" on most shots quite bigger... /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
I must admit that it amazes me how an improvement in one area of my game can lead to a big improvement in whole game. i have been practicing short range position play recently and the improvement which it caused in my whole game was HUGE! I can only guess that this area may have been my "blind spot". Man, how many of those "blind spots" are still there... /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif But on the other hand I makes me think possitive about the possibilities of my further improvement. My goal is to make my game as "complete" as possible and I am working on it. I think its possible to make my game "complete" within 12 months period with only 50 areas of my game to fine-tune for next 10 years......... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Thats all people for now!
Have fun and enjoy your life!

cheesemouse
12-16-2002, 07:10 AM
Hey Marek,
How you hanging buddy? Funny you should mention the short butt hand, this is one of the subconsious fundament errors that creeps into my game. At the moment I have a small rubber band on the butt to remind me where the grip is on the butt. I do this so I can adjust quickly w/o interrupting the rythm of play. Keep up the good work...just remember the more you learn the less you know... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rich R.
12-16-2002, 07:52 AM
It is always good to hear from you, Marek. I'm happy to hear you are doing well and continuing to improve.
Please keep us posted.

marek
12-16-2002, 09:03 AM
Well, I thought that the exact position of grip hand on the cue should have solved the problem. And it really did. But after few weeks I found myself having the same problem even if I checked the position of grip hand. I found out that I subconsiously put my bridge hand further away from cue ball which caused the same problem... /ccboard/images/graemlins/ooo.gif so I had to change my technique again.And it works smoothly again. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
12-16-2002, 09:22 AM
Good to hear from you dude.

What kind of cue are you using now?

Does Jasmine Ouschan or her little brother ever come over for tournaments?

marek
12-17-2002, 04:52 AM
Hi!
Im using 18oz cuetec midnight series cue for regular play, 18 oz cuetec strickland series cue for breaking and 18 oz cuetec snooker cue for snooker play. I just cant resist the feel of fiberglass coating.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Tom_In_Cincy
12-17-2002, 07:17 AM
Marek,
Good to hear from you again.. keep those tournament updates comming. Love to hear about your progress..