PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Questions

12-16-2002, 01:35 PM
Hey all... this is my first post, and being the shame-faced newbie that I am, I have a few questions that are probably blatantly obvious to you all, so I apologize in advance, but-
I was wondering about this code(?) that you all use when describing the lay of a game or something like that. I don't really know how to explain it all that well, so I'll give an example...
START(
%A\7Y3%Bk4Z7%CN0E4%DN4Y9%Ek4E3%FF8O4%Gr5O7%HD8O5%I t9O6%P[4Q6
%eB9a4
)END
I was wondering what exactly this is? Thanks in advance...

Wally_in_Cincy
12-16-2002, 02:10 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SneakyT:</font><hr> Hey all... this is my first post, and being the shame-faced newbie that I am, I have a few questions that are probably blatantly obvious to you all, so I apologize in advance, but-
I was wondering about this code(?) that you all use when describing the lay of a game or something like that. I don't really know how to explain it all that well, so I'll give an example...
START(
%eB9a4
)END
I was wondering what exactly this is? Thanks in advance... <hr /></blockquote>

go here:

http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showthreaded.php?Cat=&amp;Board=ccbboard&amp;Number=36983&amp; fpart=&amp;PHPSESSID=

or do a search for <font color="red">wei </font color>

hope this helps

Fred Agnir
12-16-2002, 03:18 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SneakyT:</font><hr>
START(
%eB9a4
)END
<hr /></blockquote>
The other link posted doesn't work for me. Anyway, check out the help site at:

http://endeavor.med.nyu.edu/~wei/pool/pooltable2_help.html

Fred

Chris Cass
12-16-2002, 05:33 PM
Hi T,(welcome)

Save it in your favorites and when you see the code again just r/ click and copy. Then pull up the RSB Wei table and click paste. The ok, ok and it'll set up the diagram for you.

In the reverse. Make a post, hit favorites and pull up the table. Use your mouse to move the balls and arrows to set up a shot. Hit copy the back out the screen till you get to your post and r/click paste.

Regards,

C.C.~~long using the one Fred posted. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Vapros
12-16-2002, 05:40 PM
Cedar Rapids, you say? Isn't there a tarpon rodeo up there, or am I thinking of something else?

12-16-2002, 05:56 PM
Tarpon rodeo... not that I'm aware of... Thanks for all the help everyone /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

12-17-2002, 10:34 PM
Ok... another question- I've heard about and read threads on something called Q-Skills (Cue Skills?) I was wondering if someone could offer insight as to what this is? Many thanks.

Chris Cass
12-17-2002, 10:49 PM
http://billiardsroom2000.freeservers.com/qskill.html

C.C.

TomBrooklyn
12-25-2002, 01:19 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SneakyT:</font><hr>I was wondering about this code(?) that you all use when describing the lay of a game ...START(%A\7Y3%Bk4Z7%C...<hr /></blockquote>It would be very nice if anyone using the RSB Wei table copied it's url right into their post, which is very easy to do. Then many new readers who haven't used the table before would probably be able to get the picture, no pun intended.

An even better reason to post the link it that it is a lot easier for any reader to be able to get to the Table with one click that you conveniently provide in your post, rather than forcing them to go through the process of opening a new browser window, opening their favorites list, opening their Billiards folder etc...

The couple of extra mouse clicks it takes you to put the link in your post saves a hundred other people from clicking all over the place to see what you want to show them.

=Tom

Scott Lee
12-25-2002, 12:59 PM
Just so ya know...you have one of the best female players in the midwest living right there in Cedar Rapids. Karla Chorny and her husband, Tom, are opening a tavern...and you can bet there will be pool tables! LOL

Scott ~ do be, do a doobie! /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif)

silverbullet
12-25-2002, 01:03 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Scott Lee:</font><hr> Just so ya know...you have one of the best female players in the midwest living right there in Cedar Rapids. Karla Chorny and her husband, Tom, are opening a tavern...and you can bet there will be pool tables! LOL

Scott ~ do be, do a doobie! /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif) <hr /></blockquote>

i chatted with her pvt once. she sounds very good(and a nice person) and also has a custom blackheart /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

bw

Ralph S.
12-25-2002, 07:01 PM
They aint the only ones with a custom Blackheart. Mine is on order. I just have to wait for Jer to get caught up. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif
Ralph S.

silverbullet
12-25-2002, 08:29 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Ralph S.:</font><hr> They aint the only ones with a custom Blackheart. Mine is on order. I just have to wait for Jer to get caught up. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif
Ralph S. <hr /></blockquote>

I am on jer's list too /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif, just at the bottom of the list, so probably wont get mine for 9 mo to a year i guess.

bw