PDA

View Full Version : Deuel \ Medena Racking Banter in Reno?

Photoguy
12-16-2002, 03:55 PM
Can anybody who was in Reno this weekend and saw the arguing back and forth between Cory and Danny about the tightness of the rack, explain in detail what was or was not touching and causing the 9 to go in on the break. . . BTW, it was absolutely classic (I wish it had been on tv) when Cory proved his point. . . Can you explain how the balls were racked - which ball was or was not touching the 9?

Cueless Joey
12-16-2002, 05:22 PM
A friend of mine told me too that the ref called a double-hit foul on Cory and Cory was in tears after he lost the argument and the match.

Photoguy
12-17-2002, 02:45 AM
The Ref call that your friend mentioned didn't happen in the finals. It happened in a previous match. I don't know if Cory was in tears, but I did see him re-creating the shot to others later. I didn't actually see it happen in the match - I was out of the room. There were so many versions floating around in the audience . . . was it a double kiss or did he just push the cue ball, etc., so I asked the ref who actually made the call. The ref said the tip of the cue hit the cue ball twice. On a side note, (again, I wasn't there, but many people said the Ref was on the other side of the table - out of position) On a WPBA event, S. Tipton stands right over the shot and gets as close as possible and tries to get in the best position.

12-18-2002, 04:01 PM
Sorry, I left early Saturday 12/14/02 and missed the remainder of the Reno Open #36. Please tell me who won and who were the top 6 finishers in order of finish? Thanks

EZMark
12-18-2002, 10:41 PM
Photoguy, when either ball behind the wing balls is not touching there is a possibilty the nine will go. Hope that helps you. EZMark

Photoguy
12-19-2002, 02:50 AM
I don't know about top 6, but Rodney Morris came from behind to beat Varner. Varner finished 4th, Cory beat Rodney. Rodney finished 3rd. Danny Medina beat Cory. Cory finished 2nd and Medina 1st. . . . BTW, the top female finisher was Jenny Lee.

art
12-22-2002, 09:35 PM
1st Danny Medina
2nd Corey Duel
3rd Rodney Morris
4th Nick Varner
5th Shane Manaole (San Diego)
6th Dave Hemmah (LA)

As for the hit call between Cory and Danny on the 8, my boyfriend was playing on the table next to them and said he heard the double hit, but didn't see it so he wasn't sure.