PDA

View Full Version : Did You See Allison's Legs?

Fred Agnir
12-17-2002, 08:17 AM
I was catching some Allison vs. Helena action on ESPN last night and couldn't help but notice the dramatic (to me) change in Allison's stance. Her legs are much closer together than in the past (like just a year ago).

I took out old footage of her playing snooker from about 10 years ago, and the difference is amazing. I'm not sure how to describe it, but her stance back then had her as far from the table as you can get when the cueball was near the cushion. Last night, when the cue ball was on the cushion, she looked as if she was right on top of the ball. She's compacted a lot of body parts into a smaller envelope. More and more, she looks like a pool player. I think she's getting more leg muscles involved. I consider it more of a "power stance." I'm not so sure that's a good thing because she dogged an 8-ball that she clearly was jumping out of her stance suggesting being uncomfortable.

Fred

Eric.
12-17-2002, 09:14 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fred Agnir:</font><hr> I was catching some Allison vs. Helena action on ESPN last night and couldn't help but notice the dramatic (to me) change in Allison's stance. Her legs are much closer together than in the past (like just a year ago).

<hr /></blockquote>

Fred,

I noticed that too. I think Ewa metioned it, also. To use a Golf term, it seems like her stance is now more "closed", rather than the "open" snooker stance. IMO, the closed stance gives you a more balanced position and is better when you need to put a stroke on a shot.

Eric

Fred Agnir
12-17-2002, 09:30 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Eric.:</font><hr> I noticed that too. I think Ewa metioned it, also. <hr /></blockquote>
LOL! More and more, I turn the sound down when watching ESPN. I can't stand the commentary, and the clapping on every freakin' shot is so annoying. I've been to several WPBA tournaments, and lately on ESPN, the clapping is worse than ever.

Fred

Eric.
12-17-2002, 09:49 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fred Agnir:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Eric.:</font><hr> I noticed that too. I think Ewa metioned it, also. <hr /></blockquote>
LOL! More and more, I turn the sound down when watching ESPN. I can't stand the commentary, and the clapping on every freakin' shot is so annoying. I've been to several WPBA tournaments, and lately on ESPN, the clapping is worse than ever.

Fred <hr /></blockquote>

I know! There was even raving applause when both Allison and Helena slopped a ball into the wrong pocket! Geeez. What's next, canned laughter?

Eric

Ross
12-17-2002, 12:37 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fred Agnir:</font><hr> I'm not so sure that's a good thing because she dogged an 8-ball that she clearly was jumping out of her stance suggesting being uncomfortable.

Fred <hr /></blockquote>

Yeah, but how many shots did she miss total? Two? And, except in the first rack, her position play was picture perfect! If she were being rated on accustats, I bet her performance would have easily been above .900. The 8-ball shot had her leaning over the extreme corner of the table and I think that may have thrown her stance off a bit. And what about that 3 rail kick that she was totally unlucky to scratch on? She played great and really took it to Helena, IMO.

Lester
12-17-2002, 03:06 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Ross:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fred Agnir:</font><hr> I'm not so sure that's a good thing because she dogged an 8-ball that she clearly was jumping out of her stance suggesting being uncomfortable.

Fred <hr /></blockquote>

Yeah, but how many shots did she miss total? Two? And, except in the first rack, her position play was picture perfect! If she were being rated on accustats, I bet her performance would have easily been above .900. The 8-ball shot had her leaning over the extreme corner of the table and I think that may have thrown her stance off a bit. And what about that 3 rail kick that she was totally unlucky to scratch on? She played great and really took it to Helena, IMO. <hr /></blockquote>&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;Ross, I watched that as well. I thought when she got down on the shot she didn't "look right", but I thought it was because of the way she faces her body to the table. I thought the problem was she couldn't actually do that because of the corner being in the way. And then it looked like she "fell forward" when she pulled the trigger. And she still played GREAT. JMHO ****Lester****