PDA

View Full Version : OK, now I'm caught up...

12-17-2002, 04:51 PM
Stumbled on to this site not too long ago, and decided to 'catch-up' in the archives. I browsed thru all 136 pages dating back almost a year, so now I think I am qualified to post?

Anyway, I'm getting back into pool after a 10 year absence. I live in southern california now, but I played pool in Dallas 10 years ago. I played at Clicks on Skilman, Wizards on 75(? I think ?). I also played at Champs, but I heard that changed names/owners. Champs was where most of the action was at the time...T.J. Davis played there quite a bit, and John McChesney did a good bit of business out of there also...is that place still going?

In fact, John sold me my last cue...a six-point Paul Mottey that I absolutely LOVED, but had to sell for the ridiculously low price of $300...man, that killed me.

Anyway, I'm trying to get back into the game seriously again, and there seems to be a wealth of knowledge on this board, so I hope to learn from you guys...

Matt

cheesemouse
12-17-2002, 05:15 PM
Welcome aboard mate.....if you read the whole archives before posting your just the kind of pool freak that thrives here. Your a sick puppy...I love it.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif I can't answer your question just want to say hay...

Tom_In_Cincy
12-17-2002, 06:01 PM
Welcome.. Vader,

So you read the archives!!!! ROFL.. so did most of the other CCB members.. lots of the members and lurkers and Anonymous posters, read them when they weren't the archives.

We are all deseased with the illness of addiction.. to pool that is.. whe a capitol "P"

Share what you can, ask any question, comments are welcome too..

Welcome

nAz
12-17-2002, 06:17 PM
Hello Vader just curious what was your favorite Post?

eg8r
12-17-2002, 07:23 PM
Do you by any chance have any more ridiculous cues left. lol

eg8r /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

12-17-2002, 07:38 PM
hehe...no, no more great bargains to give away!
I'm playing with a Lucasi right now (L-2020). It is OK, I guess, but I'd really like something else. I'm in no hurry, though...I'll just shop around for awhile. I've also got a sneaky pete I've had for a while that I just can't bring myself to part with. Needs new ferrule, though.

Favorite post? prolly the collective works about the Sardo rack. When I first saw the rack being used on TV, I thought I would like to use one, then I found they are priced so outrageously, I quickly lost interest. Then I saw all the hatred on this board for them and didn't understand why until the actual mechanics were described (divots in the table), now I'm very glad I didn't get one.

Wally_in_Cincy
12-18-2002, 08:00 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cheesemouse:</font><hr> Welcome aboard mate.....if you read the whole archives before posting your just the kind of pool freak that thrives here. Your a sick puppy...I love it.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif I can't answer your question just want to say hay... <hr /></blockquote>

Yeah he's probably an addict now.

136 pages of archives? WOW

That's like pumping heroin thru an IV for about a month /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

BTW Vader, you've probably noticed the Lucasi has a good reputation on the CCB.

Hit 'em straight.

Wally_in_Cincy
12-18-2002, 08:03 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nAz:</font><hr> Hello Vader just curious what was your favorite Post? <hr /></blockquote>

nazee's on a fishing trip here. You were hoping he would say <font color="red">"Who do you think is the Hottest WPBA player?"</font color> /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

jbullerjr
12-18-2002, 04:41 PM
Welcome Vader,

I moved to the dfw area in '91, we might have even crossed paths once or twice.

I played in the Sunday turny at Skillman, Champs (now CJ's, CJ Wiley's place) on almost every July 4th and several other turnys around the metroplex.

Did you ever play in the "Midnight Madness" at Rustys' in Arlington? Man, that place was a SHARK pool.

TJ Davis is still around, still playing good, he won the BCA nationals a few years ago.

Ever run into Little Al, Coy Lee or Erman Bullard when you were here?

James

12-20-2002, 10:28 AM
Yes, I've been to Rusty's! Little Al was the man at the time...many times I would go just to watch him play. I only went there when everything else closed down, and stayed there until everything else opened up. Rusty's was responsible for many a sleepless night when I was there

nAz
12-20-2002, 11:25 AM
lol i forgot all about that thread,hmm great post it stands the test of time. you think maybe its time i rehashed it? /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif