PDA

View Full Version : Men's Pro Event VF- race to 4????

cuechick
03-11-2002, 11:45 AM
Can this be right? I looked at the web site for Valley Forge and it described the men's PRO event as single elimanation races to 4? Will anyone really show up for this? It is also open so I am wondering if it will be mostly locals? I just thougt it had to be a miss print. I am excited to see these players play 8 ball, and am hoping to learn something. I just can't see top pros traveling from any real distance to play a race to 4!

Rich R.
03-11-2002, 12:11 PM
Cuechick, it is a race to 4, but it is best 2 out of 3 sets. That means the winner will have to win, at least 8 games. That makes it similar to a 9-ball race to 7, however, it is single elimination. I think what will get the men there is the $25,000 prize fund. Although I will be spending most of my time watching the ladies of the WPBA, I do hope to stop in to watch the men play 8 ball. I have never had the opportunity to see the men play 8 ball and I am looking forward to it. Rich R.

HarryDC
03-11-2002, 12:21 PM
Cue,

The players will be there! Example Mika Immonen and Charlie
Williams played in Joss Tour event at Lancaster Pa. so Mika and Charlie to say the least are in the area. I hope Corey
Deuel and Johnny Archer play. I have tickets to both men and womens pro events so I will be in track shoes

HarryDC

cuechick
03-11-2002, 12:50 PM
I figured Mika would play, and I like watching him; but see him all the time. I even have played 8 ball with Mika! I was just hoping my fav (and my Cat's namesake), Efren would be there...I'd also like to see Corey and Johnny, who I hear is getting married, FYI /ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif

03-11-2002, 12:56 PM
You're kidding. Corey and Johnny getting married?

HarryDC
03-11-2002, 04:21 PM
cuechich,

I not only want to see them but Shannon Dalton. I watched Mr. Reyes win 19 matches at Tokyo 9-Ball and 8-Ball sure would a much more traditional game than brain dead 9-Ball.
Also when do we get time to shop and eat this is supposed to be a rest for me. I'm going to play in the WPBA Charity Event at 6:00 PM on thursday evening if I can get registered in time. If you get a chance stop by and watch an Irishman make a fool out himself on St. Patrick's Day Weekend.

HarryDC