PDA

View Full Version : Sorry - I need to brag

Fred Agnir
12-20-2002, 08:38 AM
Last night at league gets to be added to one of the best perfomances of my life. So, I needed to brag. Sort of.

The bad of it was that in both of my breaks, I scratched. Some great night, huh?

The best of it was that I didn't miss a single shot, and didn't have to play a single safety. I got out of line once in the first rack (came with the shot), and never came close to going out of line after. In four games, that would be 2 (or 3) innings if this was APA. My opponents *stroked* a total of 8 times against me, including 2 breaks shots. And it's not like they were playing bad. They slaughtered the rest of my team (which is comprised of what would be APA SL-6's and 6+'s)

So, things had to go right, and for once they did. My opponents missed early, and the balls miraculously lay runnable. Every bump that I played came out well, unlike the normal Charlie Foxtrot on bar tables. And for some odd reason, I had the cueball on a string.

Must have been the fact that I uncovered the pool table (we've been remodeling) and got down to some serious SET-PAUSE-FINISH practice.

Fred <~~~ bragging

=k=
12-20-2002, 09:07 AM
fred no need to be sorry.. i'm glad your practise paid off. it's these great times that keep us playing. i always enjoy hearing when someone gets it all together. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
12-20-2002, 09:20 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fred Agnir:</font><hr>
........Every bump that I played came out well, unlike the normal Charlie Foxtrot on bar tables... <hr /></blockquote>

I've never heard that saying before. Just curious.

Back to your subject, congratulations. Like I've said before when it all comes together like that it makes all those practice hours worthwhile.

Been there once, maybe twice....

silverbullet
12-20-2002, 09:39 AM
congrat fred!!!! i KNEW you were good. seems my intuition about you served me well.

blu

TomBrooklyn
12-20-2002, 09:52 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr>I've never heard that saying before (Charlie Foxtrot.) Just curious.<hr /></blockquote>Well, get your butt in the Army for a tour and you'll find out what it means. And while your at it, you can protect me from Iraq, so thanks in advance. Call me if you need me to re-enlist.

To Fred: Well done.

Wally_in_Cincy
12-20-2002, 10:21 AM
I get it now. Cluster F***

BTW I don't think my age and physical condition would be an asset to the Army /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif but thanks for the suggestion /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

SPetty
12-20-2002, 12:41 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fred Agnir:</font><hr> Last night at league gets to be added to one of the best perfomances of my life. <hr /></blockquote>Way to go, Fred. Congratulations!

You must have sucked out and taken all my "stuff" long distance, because my Wednesday night league was absolutely, positively the most worstest I've ever played ever. Ever.

Give it back! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

MikeM
12-20-2002, 01:40 PM
Way to go Fred!

Now quit the game immediately!!!

MM /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

randyg
12-24-2002, 07:20 AM
Thanks Fred and Merry Christmas from Pool School....randyg

Karatemom
12-24-2002, 05:57 PM
Hi Fred. Chris wanted me to reply to this post as he looks forward to reading all of your posts. Today was not the greatest day for him, but after reading what you said, he couldn't help but smile. He wanted me to tell you, "does this surprise you?" After watching you play in Vegas, why do you think he called you a champion, LOL. Also, if he ever matches up with you, doesn't say you're sorry when you win, he won't like that.

Heide

CarolNYC
12-25-2002, 06:10 AM
Merry Xmas Fred,
Brag on-Ive seen you play-no doubt about it-so I guess I'll open one of those "ADAMS"beers and say "WHOOOOOOOO-HOOOOOOOOO"-but not when my daughter is putting on eye makeup!ha ha ha
Stay well!
Carol:):):):)-knows Freds a killer on the table!:)

Sid_Vicious
12-25-2002, 10:46 AM
It makes you hungry to get back to the table doesn't it ;-)) I've been hittin' surprisingly better for the last few days since a Q purchase, but the other Qs are playing for me as well so I know it is me. I personally figure that the forced 2 week vacation from work adds to the formula,,,not worrying about the "clock during tournament" kinda mentality. I played in two tournaments since Friday COB, made 2nd and 3rd place for some small cash return in both. Not bad for me in my opinion, even though a first would have been nice.

Regardless I'm having fun seeing the CB come off of the tip so well and position become magically easy. You and I might be drinking from the same well, "It's in the water" as they say. Merry Christmas! Now, it's time to get back to the home table to play some...sid

silverbullet
12-25-2002, 12:30 PM
sid,

what cue did you get?

bw

Sid_Vicious
12-25-2002, 01:20 PM
I made a deal on one of the top priced McDermotts($2500 retail if perfect in every way) without the final finishing touch on the butt cap due to an inverted ring flaw, 3 exceptionally grained shafts, only one ever played with and that one less than a few hours, leather wrap, everything priced in 3 digits due to that one small flaw. I said I never would buy another production cue again but this one simply played so damn good, and the value per dollar was too attractive to pass. After all, it is Christmas and who else better to shop for besides me! ;-) sid

Btw, I'll attach a digital picture in your e-mail of the cue if you are interested. Let me know. sv

silverbullet
12-25-2002, 01:38 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Sid_Vicious:</font><hr> I made a deal on one of the top priced McDermotts($2500 retail if perfect in every way) without the final finishing touch on the butt cap due to an inverted ring flaw, 3 exceptionally grained shafts, only one ever played with and that one less than a few hours, leather wrap, everything priced in 3 digits due to that one small flaw. I said I never would buy another production cue again but this one simply played so damn good, and the value per dollar was too attractive to pass. After all, it is Christmas and who else better to shop for besides me! ;-) sid

Btw, I'll attach a digital picture in your e-mail of the cue if you are interested. Let me know. sv <hr /></blockquote>

congrat sid on your find. yeah send me a pic in email. send to nordicdogmom@aol.com. my computer with the other isp on it is belly up right now.

bw

Sid_Vicious
12-26-2002, 09:24 PM
This address bounced, so I sent you mail to your address listed in the bio page. It went through seemingly ok...sid